2008 Charger Lighting Ideas Needed

LDEMS1

May 8, 2015
Wisconsin
Just picked up a Civilian Charger. This car does have a spoiler in the back as well. Looking for lighting suggestions/ideas. It is used for response direct to scenes using lights and siren.

My initial thoughts are as follows:

Some form of ILB( Have a SNM passenger eclipse ILB now, not crazy about fit)
Intersectors on the mirrors
Grille lights (cant decide if I want them mounted outside the grille or behind)
Some form of fog light warning. Mine are trashed and need to be replaced.

Rear:
6 Head Feniex bar
Feniex Fusion on LP bracket
Red LED HAW in reverse lights.

I have a Carson SC1022 control unit with siren, although was considering switching to the Mini 4200 with Storm Pro 100 Watt siren.

Thoughts??

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Looking for lighting suggestions/ideas.

Thoughts??

For your reverse lights, I recently installed a pair of Cannon 360's using the heat the drill bit method and dropped them in from the top. Reflector is filled and they are undetectable until activated.
I've had not good luck with intersectors and would say either the Whelen 500 mirror cover, in V series or some new Feniex offering surface mounted. Although having puddle and scene lights at the mirror are great from a single light.
How about a pair of Apollos on the top of the plate in front? You can fit a surface mount on the factory plate mount facing the sides and wire em all one shot. What grille does yours have? Slats or the honeycomb? Chrome or painted crosshairs? If it's black I'd put a T3 vertical facing out like chp does on that top center grill. The angle is already perfect.
For the rear deck, are you thinking top of window mount? The wing will hinder the warning without making custom legs.
Lastly for now, a guy I know had the pass inner edge for this body in all red he bought new (ouch)! I can see if he'll part with it if all red would work for you although we have a member that can renew the tir3 modules to practically any color you wanted. Welcome to elights. :cool:

LDEMS1

May 8, 2015
Wisconsin
For your reverse lights, I recently installed a pair of Cannon 360's using the heat the drill bit method and dropped them in from the top. Reflector is filled and they are undetectable until activated.
I've had not good luck with intersectors and would say either the Whelen 500 mirror cover, in V series or some new Feniex offering surface mounted. Although having puddle and scene lights at the mirror are great from a single light.
How about a pair of Apollos on the top of the plate in front? You can fit a surface mount on the factory plate mount facing the sides and wire em all one shot. What grille does yours have? Slats or the honeycomb? Chrome or painted crosshairs? If it's black I'd put a T3 vertical facing out like chp does on that top center grill. The angle is already perfect.
For the rear deck, are you thinking top of window mount? The wing will hinder the warning without making custom legs.
Lastly for now, a guy I know had the pass inner edge for this body in all red he bought new (ouch)! I can see if he'll part with it if all red would work for you although we have a member that can renew the tir3 modules to practically any color you wanted. Welcome to elights. :cool:

Awesome Advice! What is the heat the drill bit method? Never heard of that. I am trying to not drill holes on the exterior of this, hence the intersectors holes being hidden.
The car currently doesn't have a front plate or bracket, but I could always add one. The grille is going to be replaced with a daytona honeycomb style, all black.
The rear I wanted to try and mount something to the deck, but knew the spoiler would cause me grief. I am not sold on mounting to the headliner for the sake of drilling and security of the light, as the headliner feels weak in that area. If there is any way to mount it there, I am all ears!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Just picked up a Civilian Charger. This car does have a spoiler in the back as well. Looking for lighting suggestions/ideas. It is used for response direct to scenes using lights and siren.

My initial thoughts are as follows:

Some form of ILB( Have a SNM passenger eclipse ILB now, not crazy about fit)
Intersectors on the mirrors
Grille lights (cant decide if I want them mounted outside the grille or behind)
Some form of fog light warning. Mine are trashed and need to be replaced.

Rear:
6 Head Feniex bar
Feniex Fusion on LP bracket
Red LED HAW in reverse lights.

I have a Carson SC1022 control unit with siren, although was considering switching to the Mini 4200 with Storm Pro 100 Watt siren.

Thoughts??

Unfortunately, most of the newer ILBs aren't made for your generation charger. 3 options for the '06-'10 charger that you can look for are: SOS pinnacle, a Feniex Pegasus/Apollo, or a SVP starburst phantom.

Beyond that, I'd go with:
Ion duos (linear) in front of the grill.
Intersectors.
HLF.
(Skip the fog PAR lights....IMO they're a waste b/c they're so low to the ground).
Fusion 180s in side windows behind B-post.
I wish you didn't have the spoiler b/c I would've recommended a rear window charger ILB. I think youll have to go with a fusion 180 lightstick on tall L-brackets to go over it. I would not recommend anything in the upper rear window of the charger.
2 fusion 180s on rear LP.
SOS Brake light flasher.

Feniex mini 4200 controller.
I personally think LAWs are a waste of $ in charger light housings

LDEMS1

May 8, 2015
Wisconsin
Thanks for the insight. Much Appreciated. I am searching for an older style ILB for it, and was actually looking at the SVP Phantom.

Also, was wondering that about the fog lights, so thanks for confirming that. Are the ions better than the feniex stuff?
Unfortunately, most of the newer ILBs aren't made for your generation charger. 3 options for the '06-'10 charger that you can look for are: SOS pinnacle, a Feniex Pegasus/Apollo, or a SVP starburst phantom.

Beyond that, I'd go with:
Ion duos (linear) in front of the grill.
Intersectors.
HLF.
(Skip the fog PAR lights....IMO they're a waste b/c they're so low to the ground).
Fusion 180s in side windows behind B-post.
I wish you didn't have the spoiler b/c I would've recommended a rear window charger ILB. I think youll have to go with a fusion 180 lightstick on tall L-brackets to go over it. I would not recommend anything in the upper rear window of the charger.
2 fusion 180s on rear LP.
SOS Brake light flasher.

Feniex mini 4200 controller.
I personally think LAWs are a waste of $ in charger light housings

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Thanks for the insight. Much Appreciated. I am searching for an older style ILB for it, and was actually looking at the SVP Phantom.

Also, was wondering that about the fog lights, so thanks for confirming that. Are the ions better than the feniex stuff?

If you do go with the phantom, make sure to get the STARBURST model b/c they are Gen III (Star calls them Gen IV) LEDs, as opposed to the outdated/older 5 mm Gen I LEDs that are worthless in the daytime.

I believe that the ions are better here because they have more mounting options (surface mount or the multi mount, which basically uses clips).

Instead of fog lights, I would consider something on the dash, so that u have 3 levels of warning. A Whelen dual avenger or a FedSig dual Viper would provide some nice mid-level warning IMO.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.