2009 BMW X5 Community Relations vehicle

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
I thought you all might like this. We did up a 2009 X5 for an anti-gang unit here in the Vancouver (Canada) area. It was quite a project.

Most lighting is Federal Signal (Micropulses, etc). There are also a number of Feniex Cannons on it. Siren is an MS4000U with an ES100 speaker. Viper S2 Spectralux's in the front and rear windows, too.

We installed a lot of RGB (colour changing) "bling" lights, as they wanted to show this off at schools and mall displays. We used Tecniq's RGB Dragon and Eon lights, and RGB LED strip lighting (again, from Tecniq). We found a controller to remotely control the colour changing lights, and it also syncs to the audio system so it allows the RGB lights to change with the music.

We installed a 2nd battery near the factory battery and interconnected them with an isolator. We put a 30 watt solar panel (flexible) on the roof to help keep the secondary battery charged (they have always had issues with power on the vehicle).

It was a fun but very challenging project. Sorry the pics don't do a good job of showing off our lights. Graphics were done by a local company.

The car was just voted "Best Dressed Police Car in Canada" (Community Relations/Crime Prevention category) by Blueline Magazine, our national police magazine. http://www.blueline.ca/articles/canada-s_best_dressed_police_car

Attachments

• _MG_0843.jpg
    _MG_0843.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 30
  • _MG_0912.jpg
    _MG_0912.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 33
  • _MG_1052.jpg
    _MG_1052.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Reactions: jph2 and got_yogurt

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Nice, but where's the vid of the real lights? I wanna see a vid of the vipers and the micropulses ;-)

Sorry, didn't get any of that. I wasn't exactly planning on posting it here. The regular red/blue lights are pretty run-of-the-mill.

I'll see if the operator will be willing to swing by the office for half an hour sometime and I'll use my nice video camera to grab more footage...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.