2009 Charger Rear Power Distribution Center(Fuse Panel) Ignition Powered Fuse Tap??

jdip

May 26, 2010
Mooresville , NC
2009 Dodge Charger SE

I just installed my Uniden 996T with remote head. Scanner is mounted in the trunk and the remote head up front and tapped that power from behind the cig lighter which is powered by the ignition. However the main scanner is currently hooked up to a fuse with constant power from the Rear power distribution center. Does anyone know any fuse I can tap the scanner into that is powered by the ignition. I know there are several in the front fuse distribution block but not sure of any in the rear where my scanner is mounted. Thanks!

InstallDude

May 24, 2010
United States/Texas
in the rear power distribution box,there is a 20A fuse in slot 18.There is an empty slot,to the left of this fuse.This slot provides an ignition output.We use a mini blade tap.Hope this helps.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.