2009 Chevrolet Malibu

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
Hi, I have now finished my car with help from some friends over @ OCD Mobile located in Long Island

(I had to give them their plug)

The car has;

FRONT:

Federal Signal Cuda's in the grill

Sound Off HLF

10-75 License Plate Bracket

Strobes N' More E3 License Plate Lights

Whelen Universal HAW in front headlights

2 carson 100w Speakers

DASH:

Whelen Slimlighter

Federal Signal Dual Viper

DECK:

2 Federal Signal Dual Vipers

BACK:

4 Strobes N' More Hideaways in each back light

All powered by a Federal Signal SS2000

The SNM license plate lights will be removed, so don't pay attention to lack of sync in them. Also the Cuda's in the grill were giving me trouble with the flasher so I just let them go non-sync.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I have a 09 Malibu too! Can't wait to see!!!

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
TheGatekeeper said:
I was gonna say that... Looks like a Detective Bureau Impala !
Won't that get you in trouble with The Law ?

With all the different types of cars/people running around the city with lights, I wouldn't be surprised if the NYPD would think it's one of there own.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
EMS10EMT said:
With all the different types of cars/people running around the city with lights, I wouldn't be surprised if the NYPD would think it's one of there own.

You right, never mind the cops. But you wouldn't want to get AK-lit up coz some perps thought you were, in fact, a real plainclothe detective.

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
TheGatekeeper said:
You right, never mind the cops. But you wouldn't want to get AK-lit up coz some perps thought you were, in fact, a real plainclothe detective.

True, I wouldn't. But it's not my car. I think it looks good, but I do agree that it may look "too good" for his own safety...if that makes sense.

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
I always loved the NYPD look, its classy, its logical, its simple, and its neat. I help people design their cars, and I always try to base it on the NYPD, cause they make sure to have their intersections covered, they always have wig-wags (so you can see them from a distance) and they always have grill lights. All the reasons for why they place their lighting, "I don't know", but I'm sure THEY have a good reason for doing it that way.

I tried all different ways to light up my car, and it "just wasn't right" till I did it this way.

I have a problem that I need everything to be symmetrical. It took me a while to get used to having just one viper in the front window. Everything else in the car is exactly symmetrical. I love the SNM hideaways, I love the ss2000 with the horn option.

I will upload pictures in a day or two of the car, I'm sure many of you will enjoy.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
911 said:
jack, i can get you some impala police package wheels and tires if you wanna buff out !!!

The impala has a different bolt pattern than the malibu. I was looking into impala ss wheels for my own malibu..

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
As soon as the ice stops scratching my Plastic Chevy hubcaps, I'll put em back on

reddanny

Jun 4, 2010
ny ny
Looks sweet, i saw a malibu Taxi in the city today with lights - blue LEds in the reverse and red in the brake flashing crazy

Last edited by a moderator:

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
Cbruck31 said:
Where did you put the siren speakers???

That car is gone 2 years now,

The speakers were drilled into the front "bumper bar" They sat perfectly.

malibu.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.