2010 Camaro + SoundOff Pinnacle Two Piece Interior Lightbar?

cpdchief

May 22, 2010
Madison County, AL
Our department recently acquired a 2010 Chevy camaro. Now I'm trying to upfit it. Does anyone know if a SoundOff Pinnacle Two Piece Interior Lightbar will fit in the 2010 camaro? Slick top configuration is a must since this car has a sunroof. If not this, any other good suggestions for interior front warning?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
you could always do dual avengers, vipers, or feniex python 4x's on headliner brackets either side of the mirror.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
cpdchief said:
I was thinking dual slimlighters. There's not a lot of room to work with up there.

I havn't found a headliner/windshield area I havnt been able to mount the feniex line. Ultralites are just about the same. The avengers are quite a bit larger but I would still think they could work, just probably not as well as the other two. They all come with flashback shields as well.

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
cpdchief said:
How bad does it obstruct the driver's view? Pics?

No pics since its an assigned take home to another guy. The view isn't bad, or much worse than the visibility out of the Camaro to begin with.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i have a SO Pinnacle in my F150, and its TINY. Much smaller then the pair of slimlighters i used to have there. MUCH better off-axis warning also. I highly recommend this bar

Nov 7, 2011
New England
I agree that you could definitely go with the feniex line. either 1 or 2 4x's. But if not, you ought to go with 2 mini phantom starbursts. VERY compact and light and perfect to mount to a headliner. and they pack an awesome punch. AND you can use the flashback shield.. the slimlighter you would not have that option.

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
cpdchief said:
Any chance you could get a pic of that?

I will get one Thursday night when I go back on shift.

The view out of the Camaro SS is horrible and I can just image a light mounted along the headliner, so that is probably ours is mounted on the dash.

On the rear is a SoundOff 8 head ultralight r/b

Pair of SoundOff predators on a rear LP bracket r/b

SoundOff intersectors on the side mirrors r/b

8 or 10 FS Impaxx in the grill

Pair of SoundOff XP on the side windows

DVM 750

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
cpdchief said:
And therein lies the problem. lol

It honestly isn't that noticeable. Whatever lack of visibility you get is on par as without the bar. I didn't notice it after the first mile.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I think Houston uses a Whelen inneredge. Its hard to tell but if you look at the lightheads it looks like the LIN3/TIR3 model. If that doesn't fit a split Star Phantom may work.

houston178.jpg

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
And there is also this video too. If you can ignore the craziness in the grill you will see an they used the inner edge in the camaro. The inner edge was made for an impala but only few modifications had to be done to it to make it work.

cpdchief

May 22, 2010
Madison County, AL
NFD-102 said:
And there is also this video too. If you can ignore the craziness in the grill you will see an they used the inner edge in the camaro. The inner edge was made for an impala but only few modifications had to be done to it to make it work.

I know that vendor. I'll touch base with them. Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.