2010 Clark County Sheriff Ford F150 Raptor w/Whelen setup

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
Some of you may remember my previous post in this forum from my POV. I now work for 911 Custom, an install shop in Olathe, KS that specializes in just about every kind of law-enforcement/emergency equipment installation out there. You name it, we've done it.

Here's a little gem. Clark County (Kansas) recently put this Ford F150 Raptor into service. This truck is bad-ass, simply put.

Specs:

Lights (Whelen):

--48" Liberty Duo Color lightbar (red/blue with amber traffic advisor)

--Two M4s on front bumper (one red, one blue)

--Six Vertexs in red/blue (two front, two rear, two taillights)

--Two PAR-36 super-LED lightheads on front safari bar

Noise (Whelen):

--HHS2200 handheld siren/light control

--Alpha 12 secondary siren

--Howler low frequency siren

--Dual SA315 100w speakers

Equipment:

--Data 911 computer & video recording system

--Noptic spotlight-mounted thermal imaging system

--Digital Ally DVM-750 Video mirror recording system

--Custom-made console to fit factory specs

--ReTrax retractable tonneau cover

--MNStar Enforcer wiring harness, power center, fuse block, etc.

Here's some pics to salivate over:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.buschandassociates.com/media/photo/composite1.JPG

[Broken External Image]:http://www.buschandassociates.com/media/photo/clark-county-detail13.JPG

[Broken External Image]:http://www.buschandassociates.com/media/photo/clark-county-detail14.JPG

[Broken External Image]:http://www.buschandassociates.com/media/photo/clark-county-detail03.JPG

[Broken External Image]:http://www.buschandassociates.com/media/photo/clark-county-detail01.JPG

[Broken External Image]:http://www.buschandassociates.com/media/photo/clark-county-detail05.JPG

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
Very Sharp truck. I'm just curious about the HHS2200 instead of a regular siren / switch controls. I'm guessing to save some space. I think I just find my new screensaver.

rescue52

May 23, 2010
New York
Any video ??

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
"Shocks, pegs....lucky"

I would give my lefty for that truck no questions asked. Is that truck really going to be used off-road and junk or just a lot of show?

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
nice truck,good job on the install just not a fan of the placement of the front vertex

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Looks awesome. The only thing I would change would be to pedestal-mount the M6s on top of the kicker bar, next to the fog lights. The tabs are already there and they wouldn't be so low.

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
iCrash said:
Things must be good in Clark County. Damn I'm jealous

They've had a large amount of drug and drug money seizures. US 160, US 283, and US 183 are big meth and marijuana routes in that part of the state.

HPD84 said:
very aggressive looking,maybe the US Border Patrol should try this :mrgreen:

Maybe I should send a link to DHS. ;)

JTipper said:
I would give up my Tahoe in a heartbeat for that! More pics PLEASE!

I'll try and get some more of the HDR stuff posted today. There's a ton of stuff to gawk at, but I didn't get nearly as much as I wanted. I do have a shot (or two) of the rear Duo part in action. And those LIN18 corners are bright as hell!

Klein said:
"Shocks, pegs....lucky"
I would give my lefty for that truck no questions asked. Is that truck really going to be used off-road and junk or just a lot of show?

Oh it definitely will be. All their other vehicles are Tahoes, and the county they're running in is primarily rural and near the Oklahoma border (red dirt country), so with the amount of drug trafficking that they deal with, I'm sure they'll make full use of those bad-ass shocks and 38" radials.

pdk9 said:
that is SICK!!!!!!!!! did u get a video of it?

i really like the custom console and think it's interesting how u mounted the radio heads sideways.

i'd def love to see more installs from your shop

No video unfortunately. WIll have some in the future of other installs (I hope, as soon as I get a new camera that is). The custom console was really slick. The fun part: it's mounted with VELCRO. We didn't want to drill into the factory console body and ruin it, so we used velcro to keep things accessible. And I'll for sure be posting more installs. In fact, I think I'll post one from another one we did about two weeks ago.

philyumpshus said:
Looks awesome. The only thing I would change would be to pedestal-mount the M6s on top of the kicker bar, next to the fog lights. The tabs are already there and they wouldn't be so low.

Actually, the original order called for four of the PAR-36 super-LED heads on the safari bar (since there are four pedestal spots to begin with), but halfway through, they made a trip up to see progress and decided to go with only two of them instead of four, and the M4s had already been mounted at that point. So we were stuck with what we had (personally, I'd have put the M4s on the grill and gone with that, but yeah...).

surf_kat

May 28, 2010
SE AZ
HPD84 said:
very aggressive looking,maybe the US Border Patrol should try this :mrgreen:

We're already getting some in. This is one of the new unmarked ones (Soundoff Pinnacle and LED hideaways).

ai177.photobucket.com_albums_w220_surf_kat_Ford_20Raptor_DHSRaptor.jpg

surf_kat

May 28, 2010
SE AZ
I know that you're not a Sound Off dealer, but this is what Cal Fire did with their Raptor and some Sound Off Ghosts (above/below the FORD and on the mirrors).

ai177.photobucket.com_albums_w220_surf_kat_Ford_20Raptor_4843240825_e96c5d7ae7_o.jpg

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
surf_kat said:
I know that you're not a Sound Off dealer, but this is what Cal Fire did with their Raptor and some Sound Off Ghosts (above/below the FORD and on the mirrors).

Actually, we're not a dealer for anybody that I'm aware of, but I'm not the owner of the shop, I'm just the IT guy who does the website, takes the pics, and plays with the equipment on his truck when he's not running calls. ;P

We do have to order the Whelen stuff through OMB Express Police Supply in Olathe (about a mile from us), but they'll usually send us the install. I believe there's a Whelen sales rep in Olathe as well, but not really sure.

surf_kat

May 28, 2010
SE AZ
factorone33 said:
Actually, we're not a dealer for anybody that I'm aware of, but I'm not the owner of the shop, I'm just the IT guy who does the website, takes the pics, and plays with the equipment on his truck when he's not running calls. ;P

We do have to order the Whelen stuff through OMB Express Police Supply in Olathe (about a mile from us), but they'll usually send us the install. I believe there's a Whelen sales rep in Olathe as well, but not really sure.

The company website led me to believe you are dealers/sales reps.

Conrad Fire used to be a Federal Signal dealer (I bought some stuff from Jim Conrad back in the 80s when I was with Shawnee FD as a firefighter/EMT). There used to be another company out on the west side of Olathe that was mostly PSE/Code 3. Back then Whelen was relatively unknown in the area, I can't remember anyone running Whelen equipment.

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
surf_kat said:
The company website led me to believe you are dealers/sales reps.

Conrad Fire used to be a Federal Signal dealer (I bought some stuff from Jim Conrad back in the 80s when I was with Shawnee FD as a firefighter/EMT). There used to be another company out on the west side of Olathe that was mostly PSE/Code 3. Back then Whelen was relatively unknown in the area, I can't remember anyone running Whelen equipment.[/quote:2gv5u5fx]

Busch & Associates is the Whelen sales rep, but we (911 Custom) are not affiliated with them. I believe OMB gets their Whelen stuff from them though...

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
EMS-Tech Rescue" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
FIre-EMS-Tech Rescue said:
Oh my... I very much dislike Fords, but this... I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!!

I've noticed that a lot these days, "I absolutely hate Fords, but I love their new (insert vehicle here)" If you like their vehicles, why do you hate the brand? Just because you're a Chevy/Dodge guy?

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Rofocowboy84 said:
I've noticed that a lot these days, "I absolutely hate Fords, but I love their new (insert vehicle here)" If you like their vehicles, why do you hate the brand? Just because you're a Chevy/Dodge guy?

Such a chicken-s**t comment to the max. :roll:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.