Storm siren

Kenwood tk 8180 radio

Will post more pics along with other equipment install and video

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_17_a6a2y9a2.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_17_e9ejytet.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_17_edevypy2.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_17_ta6e3y3e.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_17_sy5uvequ.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_17_ymytu4e9.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_17_enury3u6.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_17_a3atusyb.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_17_repe9uru.jpg

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
So...ummm...I guess we like grill and surface mount lights and split fail?

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
I guess I need to see a video to really decide but, I'm really not liking this setup for some reason.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Eric1249 said:
I would be curious to see how effective the Titan is behind the grille.

The titan will be fine behind the grill....

823takedown.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
911graphicsandlighting said:
Looks great behind the grill especially for slick top and I thank its better than regular TD.

I'll disagree... thats more of a scene light in that location. For officer safety purposes on traffic stops the takedowns need to be up higher. But not all administrators care about officer safety or their officers.

Aug 24, 2013
tennesse
How about flooding out the Apollo 2x its all blue is the down side. Just can't get some people to listen finally got them to start using b/w cannons took some proving to do it though

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Titans on headliner mount.

Aug 24, 2013
tennesse
FEVER said:
Titans on headliner mount.

Will keep that in a recommendation on the next build . Got some singles coming in will have to throw a set on it and show and tell. Thanks for the extra info all recommendations are appreciated.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looking forward to a video. It's got decent 360 coverage for a slicktop, but I'm not a fan of dual-stacked lightheads (they just look funny to me). No doubt that the 400 up front will put out some light, but the chief's decision to have it down low in the grill makes it seem like a waste; IMHO, there wouldn't be much of a difference between turning the high beams for a night traffic stop and having the Titan on steady burn in the grill...it's a crown vic (it's a cop car til proven otherwise), so he ain't fooling anyone by leaving out the unity light lol

But this dept is a dept that just switched to me from a inmate install in their vehicles

I always found that funny...I mean, if I were the LEO driving an inmate-installed vehicle, I'd always be wondering in the back of my head if they intentionally messed around with the car and if I'd blow up when I turned the ignition on lol. I mean, after all, it's not in their best interest to have cops with functioning cruisers

Aug 24, 2013
tennesse
[quote=pdk9;433344

I always found that funny...I mean, if I were the LEO driving an inmate-installed vehicle, I'd always be wondering in the back of my head if they intentionally messed around with the car and if I'd blow up when I turned the ignition on lol. I mean, after all, it's not in their best interest to have cops with functioning cruisers

Aug 24, 2013
tennesse
Here is the video of the car all patterns were chossen by the officer and i s able to be changed at anytime at his choice. There was a couple equipment failure as you can tell in the video rear had a bad b/a t-6 that was removed and a apollo 2x that the head and flash pattern is messed up on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arvlhH-KOco&feature=youtube_gdata_player

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
Yeah I like it even less now.

Were these brand new lights? I've had quite a few new Feniex products and never had lights fail right out of the box. I know there have been some claims but, two on one install seems a bit odd.

Also since when has Feniex had a pin-wheel pattern?

Aug 24, 2013
tennesse
Tried to but the havis dealer didn't want to order the flush mount so that's what web had to work with. Yes this is very unusual for 2 equipment failures and same job. Liken in said this was set up by the officer driving the car and not us would have done a completely different setup if we chose

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
Tried to but the havis dealer didn't want to order the flush mount so that's what web had to work with. Yes this is very unusual for 2 equipment failures and same job. Liken in said this was set up by the officer driving the car and not us would have done a completely different setup if we chose

Any pictures of the wiring available?

Not trying to be mean but, if this was my car I would be pissed. The patterns I can understand but, did the Deputy really want unsynced, crooked, and failing lightheads?

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
I was going to wait til I saw the video to post any thoughts... so here goes...

• If you were going to mount 8 modules across the top of the glass, why not order the Cobra 800?
  • The grill patterns are awful. At night its just going to be a psychotic blur of blue and white
  • The rear amber blues would be good, but slow them down a bit.
  • The side flush mounted Cannons are ok, but I'd have them flash front/back rather than sync'd maybe? I dunno
  • The dual apollos on different patterns really bothers me, too… probably my OCD with symmetry. I'd do the two apollos and get a 1x as a steady burn and put it in the middle or something
  • I know the customer picked the patterns, but as the installer, you have to say "I realize you like these patterns… but….." and use your sales and experience to talk them out of the hyperactive flashes and tell them what is the most effective for their safety on the roadway.

tcfd823

May 21, 2010
CENARK
Personally, I would have never shown this install. There are several issues I see.

1. Split Fail

2. Crooked light heads (everywhere)

3. I've never heard of a dealer turning down a sale.

4. Your spelling and grammar

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
The more I look at this the more I hate it. There is no reason ever for crooked lightheads. Especially one like are mounted on this car.

Mr. Dill sir this a crap install and you know it, if you don't, you don't need to be upfitting emergency vehicles.

Aug 24, 2013
tennesse
Excellent points made tried to get them to go with a 800 but was dead set on the 400 why who knows

Grill pretty crazy on the pattern

Rear did start out with a slow pattern but got changed by the officer driving the car and we expressed concerns about blurred b/a color for being so fast

On of the duel apollos have failed causing the flashing issue on drivers side

We try to talk them out of those flash patterns not out of sales experence but 17 plus years emergency services responding to calls

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
Excellent points made tried to get them to go with a 800 but was dead set on the 400 why who knows

I'm okay with them wanting two 400s whatever the customer wants they get. There has to be a better way to mount them so it doesn't look like complete crap.

Grill pretty crazy on the pattern
Rear did start out with a slow pattern but got changed by the officer driving the car and we expressed concerns about blurred b/a color for being so fast

Again I'm okay with the patterns. I understand that sometimes the customers want what looks cool and there isn't much you can do to talk them out of it. The way the lights are mounted is what is wrong with it from an install point. There is no excuse for crooked lightheads.

On of the duel apollos have failed causing the flashing issue on drivers side
We try to talk them out of those flash patterns not out of sales experence but 17 plus years emergency services responding to calls

Again the patterns have nothing to do with it. It's the install.

Here's how it's coming across to me. "I had nothing to do with why this car looks like complete and total crap and it's all the Deputy's fault because that's how he wanted it and he had to have the car and yada, yada, yada, ect..."

tcfd823

May 21, 2010
CENARK
I will say this much. I've seen some pretty shoddy installs, of which most were done by people that had no idea what they were doing, so we'll blame those on ignorance. Yours, you seem like you have the right idea, but you lack the attention to detail that is required to be a professional upfitter. It's the little things that matter in installs.

Wiring, lighthead placement, lighthead alignment, color choice, patterns.. The important things to remember.

It almost looks like a 4yr old said: "OHH I like flashie flashie!" and just tossed stuff on the car, and said the hell with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

firemedic105

Jun 2, 2010
East Coast of Canada
Mr Dill, I don't know if you had your education with the bottle of Dill Pickles, BUT GOD DAMN, reading your posts gives me a migraine headache. Use some spell check, proper grammar, and PUNCTUATION. Please.

Aug 24, 2013
tennesse
I didn't put this install up for a bashing I put it up for additional info to be given on the install. As for crooked heads I don't see where there crooked and it maybe just the way the picture was taken. When all light heads are replace will redone the video as for the patterns what kind of recommendations for the flash patterns should I go back and present to him. Yes the back in my opinion needs to be slowed down but what about the front

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
I didn't put this install up for a bashing I put it up for additional info to be given on the install. As for crooked heads I don't see where there crooked and it maybe just the way the picture was taken. When all light heads are replace will redone the video as for the patterns what kind of recommendations for the flash patterns should I go back and present to him. Yes the back in my opinion needs to be slowed down but what about the front

Grill lights are crooked, Dual T6s on the back are crooked, and the 400s are crooked and I can't quite tell about the Apollos but they look like they may be crooked to.

If you want recommendations for patterns that means you can change them and if that's the case why the hell does this car look like this?

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina

Hey boss come to chat and talk to us. Nearly everyone that has said something about this install is in there. Maybe we can all get on the same page then.

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
Where us the chat in have never been in chat before

It's a link in the top blue bar. Just click the one that says chatroom.

chat1.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KI_CopCar

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.