2010 Crown Vic Black and White - 1 of 5

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
After finishing 5 Chargers for a local PD, I'm on to building 5 CVPIs for a repeat customer. Here is the first if the five. The next four will be exactly the same except for the rear deck, which will change from the FedSig ILS to the SoundOff Pinnacle for budget reasons only. Enjoy.

Equipment

FedSig AS124 Speaker in grill

FedSig P-N-P Wigwag flasher

FedSig RUMBLER siren system

Whelen Vertex HAW LED / Front corners/tails/reverse

Tomar Scorpion ALL LED Light Bar

Whelen SuperLED MirrorBeams

FedSig/Unitrol Touchmaster Delta siren

Havis Console/computer mount

FedSig ILS Rear Deck LED Light Bar

*customer will install their own prisoner partition

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4048_5145391825_0604dba9dd.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4056_5145993280_42cda99d4d.jpg

afarm2.static.flickr.com_1171_5145994956_f821a64b88_m.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4036_5145393041_4b258b33c2_m.jpgafarm2.static.flickr.com_1099_5145996700_07da7561df_m.jpgafarm2.static.flickr.com_1074_5145391249_b23c5fd9a8_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
beautiful. def. looks like this client has some $ (i'm surprised tho that they didn't want grill lights, though)

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Is the ILS amber or red? Does it do TA functions?

Also, does the rumbler have to be mounted in the console or is that just where you like to put it?

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
RL1 said:
Is the ILS amber or red? Does it do TA functions?

Also, does the rumbler have to be mounted in the console or is that just where you like to put it?

ILS is amber and does have an 8 head TA function w/flashing ends in Warning Mode 1.

The Rumbler amp does not have to be mounted in the console. I just like to put it there for aesthetics and serviceability access.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Looks good as always. Nice mix of equipment on the vehicles.

Just out of curiosity, do you have something against the Interior Pinnacle Rear Deck system over the FedSig ILS system? The cost between the two isn't that much is it? Did you sepc all the equipment for the vehicle or did one of the department guys pick it out. Also, out of curiosity, why no grill lights or PB?

I also agree, then department much have a pretty good budget for outfitting vehicles.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
aberfitchguy2472 said:
Looks good as always. Nice mix of equipment on the vehicles.

Just out of curiosity, do you have something against the Interior Pinnacle Rear Deck system over the FedSig ILS system? The cost between the two isn't that much is it? Did you sepc all the equipment for the vehicle or did one of the department guys pick it out. Also, out of curiosity, why no grill lights or PB?

I also agree, then department much have a pretty good budget for outfitting vehicles.

Thanks. The next four units will have the Pinnacle in them instead of the ILS, as I can provide them for less than the ILS. I do like the fit of the ILS slightly better than the Pinnacle, but I think they both perform well in this application.

I spec'd most of the equipment, but the fleet manager did have some guidelines to follow. The department does not use grill lights or push bumpers. The Chief feels that grill lights are mostly ineffective inside the grill at that level and feels that push bumpers give his officers a false sense of thinking they can actually use them to "push" vehicles, and his department has a no contact policy for vehicles, so no go on the PB.

The department has a nice budget, but I do have to watch the numbers closely.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
cajunblitz said:
ILS is amber and does have an 8 head TA function w/flashing ends in Warning Mode 1.

The Rumbler amp does not have to be mounted in the console. I just like to put it there for aesthetics and serviceability access.

Cool, thanks. I googled the dept and they seem to be very well funded. BTW, when you post new pics, I like to open a different tab and save it for last so I can take my time haha.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I'll be going to mandeville and the greater New Orleans area this week, i hope to catch a glance at one of these suckers on the streets!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.