2010 Crown Vic Patrol Unit before markings 1 of 2

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Built another pair of cruisers for one of my regular customers I had done 5 units for last year. A change in administration is why these units aren't marked yet; the Chief is changing the markings. Most of the equipment used in these installs was provided by the agency. Enjoy!

Equipment

FedSig AS-124 speaker in grill

Whelen Howler System

Whelen W/W PnP Crown Vic

Whelen Vertex in front corner Marker lamps (blue)

Whelen MirrorBeams

Tomar Scorpion Hi Intensity Configuration Light Bar

Havis Console

FedSig Touchmaster Delta Siren

Whelen TAD Controller

Whelen LINZ6 TAD on rear deck

Whelen Vertex in Reverse Lamps (blue)

Whelen Vertex in tails (red)

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4123_4864396852_be2f53893e.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4079_4863785391_89fef6c74e.jpg

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4141_4863783309_091a6c05ea.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4137_4863776927_c948bde462.jpg

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4134_4863793673_47c3dd1634.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4121_4863787837_29d6b612ce.jpg

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4080_4863789065_a39a11958e.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4123_4863784129_c70cc655f1.jpg

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
What's the reasoning behind the all red dominator and all blue bar?

With that console is that where you wire everything before hand?

Paul

May 21, 2010
Arizona
JaBradt85 said:
Is that the BatMobile there also? You are a fan of the UTMD's most of your installs use them for siren.

I love those sirens. All of our squad cars have them and its so much easier to just reach down and find the knob instead of messing with little switchs. This is just me personally.

And nice install as always. I wish I could get my own car and bring it to you.

JaBradt85

May 23, 2010
Albany, NY
Paul said:
I love those sirens. All of our squad cars have them and its so much easier to just reach down and find the knob instead of messing with little switchs. This is just me personally.

And nice install as always. I wish I could get my own car and bring it to you.
All of our cars have them also. I think they have been using them for atleast 10 years. If I were able to run a siren its the one I would choose.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
JaBradt85 said:
Is that the BatMobile there also? You are a fan of the UTMD's most of your installs use them for siren.

Naw, that's a BatMobile imitator. I love the all-in-one siren/switcher combo to begin with, but am totally partial to the Unitrol sound and it's ease of installation and functions....it's a guilty pleasure of my job that I get to use mostly those sirens!

EVT said:
What's the reasoning behind the all red dominator and all blue bar?

With that console is that where you wire everything before hand?

The dominator is in fact amber, and that's what the agency spec'd and has been running in the rear glass for a while. The all blue light bar is also the agency spec and all blue is a common practice with police departments in Louisiana.

With the console, I am a firm believer in preassembling when I build units. I like to put together sub-assemblies beforehand, such as the console and its contents, and then install them onto the unit...I think it makes the job more consistent with mulitiple units and speeds up the build time. Yep, the console is wired beforehand!

Thanks to everyone for the kudos!

cory y

May 21, 2010
I wish i was able to do the pre-assembled console route... but the cars that I build i dont get the radios or computers or extra console goodies... those get installed by the dept's radio shop... and they always butcher my nice pretty wiring job. GRRRRR

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.