2010 Dallas PD B/W Chargers

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Irving pd has the best looking two tone cars in the area. Dallas and Arlington cars look like crap imo.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Dallas's cars would look a lot better with different Decals...

those are hideous

but Irving's new design won a spot in police fleet manager's annual design contest

May 24, 2010
East Longmeadow, MA
The Tahoe appears to have LINZ6 on both the C-Pillar and also the D-Pillar directly above the tail light along with what appears to be a Vertex, but this might be part of the new Outter Edge Whelen is now offering for the Tahoe and Suburban. Also I spot 2 surface mount Vertex with Chrome flange next to the head light mounted to the white portion of the grill.

cory y

May 21, 2010
EmerVehSolutions said:
The Tahoe appears to have LINZ6 on both the C-Pillar and also the D-Pillar directly above the tail light along with what appears to be a Vertex, but this might be part of the new Outter Edge Whelen is now offering for the Tahoe and Suburban. Also I spot 2 surface mount Vertex with Chrome flange next to the head light mounted to the white portion of the grill.

didnt I just say that? like 2 posts up?

but its not a part of the outer edge.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Majority of the tahoes are assigned to swat. I have no idea why they have all those lights, swat spends more time on their hair than using lights.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
HILO said:
Irving pd has the best looking two tone cars in the area. Dallas and Arlington cars look like crap imo.

Yeah they are pretty sweet, I only have these pictures of one in April 2010 at the Dodge dealership just after it was painted and setup with lights. I guess maybe this was one of the first ones as I had never seen a color scheme like that before and was wondering what city it was for. Then later HILO let me know it was Irving.

aimages51.fotki.com_v1561_photos_1_14219_36203_4bc8f9db_vi.jpg

aimages53.fotki.com_v546_photos_1_14219_36203_4bc8f9fa_vi.jpg

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Latest info...watch commanders now have b/w chargers with watch commander instead of the 911 decal. It was proposed that these cars have a green light on the lightbar like the fire department does. Supposedly approved and waiting for the lights to come in.

cory y

May 21, 2010
HILO said:
Latest info...watch commanders now have b/w chargers with watch commander instead of the 911 decal. It was proposed that these cars have a green light on the lightbar like the fire department does. Supposedly approved and waiting for the lights to come in.

Green light like a beacon or replacement heads?

cory y

May 21, 2010
HPD84 said:
The dallas decals are horrible and the position of the antennas in front of the lightbar are ridiculous as well :(

they have been doing the antennas in front of the lightbars for decades.. it dosent block anything...

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I have been seeing the B&W on the news allot lately and one time you could see a green flashing LED light reflecting off stuff/people. Plus the cruise lights being on instead of the flashing lights.

Seems that Dallas has 100+ B&W Dodge Chargers waiting to be put on the streets. Saw this today when I was at their main maintenance facility. Always cool to see a fleet of cop cars lined up like this. If you look close enough one of the Chargers has alloy wheels, all the others are steel. Do not know if that is a special unit, or it was just ordered wrong. Maybe it is one of the replacement for their previous Camaro traffic units and will be clean top and wanted alloy wheels.

aimages116.fotki.com_v108_photos_1_14219_36203_DallasPDBW_Chargers02_vi.jpg

aimages56.fotki.com_v124_photos_1_14219_36203_DallasPDBW_Chargers06_vi.jpg

dpd4703

May 25, 2010
Dallas, TX
Yeah, no one is pleased with the decals. Whoever produces them should be ashamed if they are US - they look like some chinese or 3rd world country crap. IMHO they are cheap quality and no where near as good as our old style badge and striping.

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
The number of cars (just in their parking lot) is about 3 times our total force. .......maybe they would donate one (two, three, four) to us??? ya, me neither. :sadcry:

cory y

May 21, 2010
Speaking of MS paint...

I was bored so i made what i think the new DPD graphics should have been:

the equipment number and the 911 blue reflective with a silver reflective border

blue stripe is reflective with a silver border, white reflective letters.

Rear is reflective chevrons

Blue stripe is reflective with silver border white reflective letters,

trunk numbers reflective blue,

911 emergency blue reflective with silver border,

web address background white reflective blue reflective letters

dpd BLACK.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
The b/w cars have front and rear chevrons already.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
cory y said:
Speaking of MS paint...
I was bored so i made what i think the new DPD graphics should have been:

the equipment number and the 911 blue reflective with a silver reflective border

blue stripe is reflective with a silver border, white reflective letters.

Rear is reflective chevrons

Blue stripe is reflective with silver border white reflective letters,

trunk numbers reflective blue,

911 emergency blue reflective with silver border,

web address background white reflective blue reflective letters

That seems too busy, there's too much going on...

Better: ai.imgur.com_97oEa.jpg

Blue stripes are reflective with white reflective border. All text is reflective. Body-color reflective stripes (invisible without a light shining on them) outline the edge of the vehicle similar to this. Intended to provide the best clarity and visibility over the longest distance with a minimum of unneeded information.

cory y

May 21, 2010
I bow to your far superior knowledge on how EVs should be set up, equipped, and striped.

The design I made incorporates the past known design with the features of the current stripes .

But I forgot the limit to your use of EVs is seeing them as you drive past them

Last edited by a moderator:

SFR1986

Oct 5, 2010
San Diego, CA
cory y said:
I bow to your far superior knowledge on how EVs should be set up, equipped, and striped.

The design I made incorporates the past known design with the features of the current stripes .

:popcorn:

dpd4703

May 25, 2010
Dallas, TX
jswwjw said:
The number of cars (just in their parking lot) is about 3 times our total force. .......maybe they would donate one (two, three, four) to us??? ya, me neither. :sadcry:

Thats just what has been delivered, I think they still have a few left at the dealership plus some at our Radio Shop. Of course there are no new unmarked for us "others"....we still use a large number of 1995 Taurus, 2000 Civic CNG as well as 2001 CVPI CNG's. The remainder are some newer Impalas that our command idiots have not wrecked or taken from us.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Those red impalas don't seem so silly now do they? I drove past the radio shop today and there was a white impala with 4 dual led lights, standard in the back deck, along with the led trunk handles. Wonder where that one lives...

I hear rumors of new chargers painted solid black with full hub caps for the stars.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
HILO said:
Those red impalas don't seem so silly now do they? I drove past the radio shop today and there was a white impala with 4 dual led lights, standard in the back deck, along with the led trunk handles. Wonder where that one lives...

I hear rumors of new chargers painted solid black with full hub caps for the stars.

Here is one of those Impala's as you mentioned from DPD that I took back in 2/2008

aimages109.fotki.com_v146_photos_1_14219_36203_ImpalaDPDUnmarked_vi.jpg

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
This Impala prototype was my favorite simply becasue I dislike the last generation Charger so much, anyone seen it around? Its not at central, southeast or northwest...

ai704.photobucket.com_albums_ww49_DPDKOP_img049.jpg

These grapics looked better but not the paint...

ai704.photobucket.com_albums_ww49_DPDKOP_img057.jpg

This paint was the best, but we got the cheesy graphics...

ai704.photobucket.com_albums_ww49_DPDKOP_img050.jpg

I still say Irving PD has the best looking police cars anywhere...

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
This is the 2007 clean Impala at the radio shop. It must be a starr car from a patrol division. Some wacker DPD "found" some extra LED lights and got them stuffed in the back deck and the quarter glass. Starr is stratigic targeting agisnt road rage and is a patrol assignment. Previous starr cars were dark blue crown vics. Traffic does not have unmarked enforcement cars. It used to be that DWI squads ran slick top cars with one red and one blue maxi beam strobe on the push bumer and in the back deck, no other warning lights. Saftey team decided it was to dangerous and had light bars put on those cars.

ai186.photobucket.com_albums_x308_7xpics_IMAG0182.jpg

ai186.photobucket.com_albums_x308_7xpics_IMAG0181.jpg

2 PSO trucks that sworn officers drive more than PSO's do. Note the amber magnet bars...

ai186.photobucket.com_albums_x308_7xpics_IMAG0183.jpg

dpd4703

May 25, 2010
Dallas, TX
HiLo-

That STARR is 070208 assigned to SC Patrol. I know one of the mech's at CE garage will upgrade lighting as needed. And don't forget Gang Unit had slick top squads that were very well lit w/ strobes and halogens! I felt safer in those cars than a regular squad car.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I knew you were going to clock me on the gang cars. I still have some of those code 3 as-1 lights you gave to one of our mutual friends. The gang cars were done up a lot better than traffic slick. Must have had something to do with the sgt being a light nut!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
cory y said:

SFR1986 said:
We need beer with popcorn.
Lager%20Louts.gif

:hopeless:

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Anyone have a picture of the 95 Ford Bronco for Dallas Marshal "Illegal Dump Team"? I would like to see what it looked like when in service. It has the same style markings as that older Explorer. Or if any of you Dallas guys/gals know what lightbar it had on it, just curious as to how it looked.

beavo451

Dec 9, 2010
TX, USA
HILO said:
This Impala prototype was my favorite simply becasue I dislike the last generation Charger so much, anyone seen it around? Its not at central, southeast or northwest...

In all likelihood it was repainted. I know 8048 was redone and has the selected design.

cory y

May 21, 2010
K9Vic said:
Anyone have a picture of the 95 Ford Bronco for Dallas Marshal "Illegal Dump Team"? I would like to see what it looked like when in service. It has the same style markings as that older Explorer. Or if any of you Dallas guys/gals know what lightbar it had on it, just curious as to how it looked.

I think it had a streethawk on the roof

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
cory y said:
I think it had a streethawk on the roof

Those had MX7000's on them at the end. they also had chrome brush gaurds.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.