2010 Dodge Charger Basic Patrol Car

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
My shop flunkie built this unit with my guidance. This was his first complete install that included me allowing him to mount and wire everything from start to finish, except the graphics.....I applied those. He's been an employee where I work for almost 2 years, and a very very slow learner. No, I didn't hire him.......

Setina PushBumper / FedSig AS124

FedSig Legend Light Bar

factory WW/TL Flasher activation

FedSig TM Delta

Havis console

Setina prisoner cage

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4069_4662899545_b69cd95cb2.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4048_4662900149_e190870acc.jpg

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4017_4662887645_7a314a35ac.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4028_4662846215_7cf6494602.jpg

Luismariadarlene said:
looks good how about a picture tour of your work area.

Oh man you surely don't want to see that....you'd never believe I could put my kind of work out from where I work....it's a joke......

I think I need to make a trip down there to see you and do an install or two with you. You might be trying to talk the bosses into paying for me to move down there to help out after I'm done. lol!!! Good looking install here, even if you didn't do anything but supervise...lol!!!

fireman616wfd said:
looks good, simple but good. You usually add more to a car than just the bar, is that all they wanted/paid for?

Im guessing it was a small town most likely. The police here get the job done with only a lightbar and corner strobes. All the warning power you really need in less populated areas

chono said:
Im guessing it was a small town most likely. The police here get the job done with only a lightbar and corner strobes. All the warning power you really need in less populated areas

Chono guessed correct. This is a small town that has a small budget, and sometimes it comes down to quality and not quantity. The Chief of this town saw one of the Chargers from my Triple Threat post, and pretty much asked for the same simple setup, but better graphics. That's what we gave him.

We will be building a slick top Charger for this town soon, and will use the FedSig ILS setup along with the Charger PAR36s for lighting, and a handheld Code3 Covert siren and Whelen SA315 speaker/bracket setup in the grill. I'll post that one when it is complete.

The car looks good. I think the set up is perfect. 360 coverage, full bar, HLF and TLF, what more is needed?

With LED bar's I have come to favor a simple set up. Lights below the bumper have never come off as very effective. Cool to look at, but over kill with a full bar and HLF's. I still favor a simple rear deck set up in addition to a bar and something in the tail lights, but over all, that car will be seen.

I love how chargers and impalas have built in HLF and TLF. I think that charger looks greats, all I would want to add would be something on the side of the bumper for intersection warning, but don't think it will have a problem clearing as-is. I working in a small town and had to drive a spare with nothing but an Edge on top and didn't notice any difference compared to my regular car with a patriot, dash and deck light, HLF, TLF, and corner strobes.

HILO said:
With LED bar's I have come to favor a simple set up. Lights below the bumper have never come off as very effective. Cool to look at, but over kill with a full bar and HLF's. I still favor a simple rear deck set up in addition to a bar and something in the tail lights, but over all, that car will be seen.

That is so true. I watched a funeral go by with a patrol car leading and another at the end. The patrol car in front had a vision and I could barely see it until it was close. The patrol car at the back was sporting an unknown LED bar and I could see it before I could see the vision.

i really love those graphics cajun and how it has a sharp dip downwards behind the b-post. is that a pre-designed graphics package (designed by someone else) that you just added the text to, or did u and ur shop colleagues make that design 100%?

Thru Pins 1 and 2 of the factory PTIM... (big white plug in the center console under the HVAC)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381