2010 GMC Terrain

FFMedic19

Jul 6, 2011
Charleston, SC
This is my first thread since my return to ELB (i've been absent for about a year), but I now have a new car and need fresh ideas for the lighting.

I have a 2010 GMC Terrain, bought it new so it is in factory condition. I have lights from my old install, but I don't think that they will be enough for this veh. Forgive me because I'm at work (night shift dispatching can be slow at times :D ) and so I don't have exact models of my equipment. But I already have a siren/speaker, I have 2 TIR3's (red) on a license plate bracket (can be removed easily as you know but I plan to keep them on), 2 TIR 4'S (red) that I used for side warning on last veh, 1 4 head gen 3 dash light (red/white), I also have (2) 2 head generic gen 3 led deck lights that I used in the back of my last veh similar to these:

halfpint_6.jpg

Now here is what I need, I want to light up my veh 360 with good warning. I will be primiarly using the lights to respond to station (there may be a few times I come on scene with my POV). I want to try to keep my expenditures down on this install as much as possible.

In case you don't know what a terrain looks like here it is (mine is black like this one):

20c9c_2010-gmc-terrain-front-side-588x418.jpg

edit: I don't want to have anything on the roof, want to try to keep the outside as clean as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

FFMedic19

Jul 6, 2011
Charleston, SC
I saw that before I started thread, but it doesn't show anything for the front, and I was looking for some ideas for my own car, not to just copy someone else's work.

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
I was thinkin maybe get some clear tirs and 2 more red ones. Put them in the grille. Put the dash light just under the rear veiw mirrow. Maybe put 2 dual deck lights or single head deck lights in the rear window. Maybe red red on one sire and red amber on the other? Then your tir4s in the side windows.

FFMedic19 said:
I saw that before I started thread, but it doesn't show anything for the front, and I was looking for some ideas for my own car, not to just copy someone else's work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.