2011 Chevy Silverado Z71 **Updated 06/03**

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks great. Are you an officer for a vollie dept?

Only thing I would've done differently is gone with horizontally-mounted linz6 on sides of the PB

Camerin

Sep 17, 2010
FL-NH-AK
Thanks Storm, love me some sync.

Pdk9, it's complicated. I work for a vollie dept and rescue squad/ambulance. I currently work out of state due to my current job/unit. Part of the reason for the slick top install is to not draw attention while not in my response area. The way the brush guard is designed it wouldn't enable me to mount the Ghosts horizontal. I chose to have it angled to conform to the curves of the brush guard and I believe it would stick out more if it was on a true vertical line.

nblaser

Nov 22, 2011
Colorado
Is that a combat cock I see?

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Camerin said:
Thanks Storm, love me some sync.

Pdk9, it's complicated. I work for a vollie dept and rescue squad/ambulance. I currently work out of state due to my current job/unit. Part of the reason for the slick top install is to not draw attention while not in my response area. The way the brush guard is designed it wouldn't enable me to mount the Ghosts horizontal. I chose to have it angled to conform to the curves of the brush guard and I believe it would stick out more if it was on a true vertical line.

I had Ion's on the side of the brush guard of my old truck and they were wider then the brush guard. I just used a piece of thin metal behind the Ion and I was able to mount the Ion's horizontal.

Truck looks great.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Great looking truck, and not too busy in the front. :) Only thing I would do is take the blue line sticker off and replace with the red line sticker.. ;)

Camerin

Sep 17, 2010
FL-NH-AK
What do you guys think of the addition to the roof? It's 6 strobe with 2 rear LEDs. It's not mounted yet, just put it up there to see how it looked.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
my opinion? Sell it.

if youre gonna do a bar, DO a bar!

There's a few full size DPS Freedoms in the classifiends right now for cheap. Make one all red/white up front, and Red/amber to the rear.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
What do you guys think of the addition to the roof? It's 6 strobe with 2 rear LEDs. It's not mounted yet, just put it up there to see how it looked.
I like the colored lenses on the corners with the clear inboard lenses. However, a beast like this deserves a full-size freedom, not a low profile bar or a minibar.

Did you move the axixtech rear stick to the inside of the topper? Let's see a vid of the current setup!

Camerin

Sep 17, 2010
FL-NH-AK
Yes, it was moved to the rear of the topper using the existing mounting bolts so no damage was done to the top. It also has a quick disconnect right next to the quick disconnect for the third brake light. So I can remove the top if I need to without having to cut wires.

Videos of the current setup should be located at the bottom of the previous page.

I'd really like to get a safari rack for on top of the topper. Put a rigid led stick and maybe some linear led's flush mounted to the front, sides and rear... I haven't seen that done before and I think it would look really slick. As well as coincide with the low pro image I'm trying to attain.

The mini edge was given to my brother so he could mount it on his wrangler. It looks better on it anyways....

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.