2011 Chevy Silverado

firemanemt89

Feb 11, 2011
USA, Massachusetts
Hello all, just though i would post some pictures and information about my new truck. This new 2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab replaced my 2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab.

I am a Firefighter/EMT and use this truck as my daily driver and also my POV for the Fire Department both to respond to the Station and to operate on scene of incidents.

Any questions, comments or helpful criticism are appreciated !

The awesome install job was done by John as Safety Lighting and Equiptment.

To control all the lights and for a siren i have a Code 3 RLS system with a 100w speaker

Front of the Vehicle:

- (2)Whelen M7 red w/ clear lens (mounted behind grill)

- Whelen Vertex LAW red (mounted in fog lights)

- High-Beam head light flasher

- Whelen Dual Avenger red/red (mounted under rearview mirror)

- Whelen Vertex LAW clear (headlight housing)

Side:

- Sound off Intersector LEDs (white)

Rear:

- (2) Whelen Single Avengers red (mounted top outer corners of rear window)

- AWL LED hide-a-ways white (mounted in reverse lights)

- AWL T3s red (mounted vertical on License plate bracket)

Let me know what you think ! They only other thing i was gonna add was an additional Whelen Avenger to the front, and move them up above the rear view mirror, almost like a small interior bar.

Now for the photos:

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo4.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo3a.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo3d_1.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo2d_1.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo5a.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo5.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo4a.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo3_1.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo2c.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo2a.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo2_1.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo1b.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo1_1.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_photo4a.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_th_IMG_3644.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_th_IMG_3644_1.jpg

New Video w/ New vertexs:

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_th_truckmovie.jpg

Sorry for the crappy videos, i will try to take a better video another day, and include a day/night video if i can.

I Changed around my interior Avenger set up, i added another one!!

here is the link to the new video:

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_jeep_20and_20truck_20lights_20140309_123033.jpg

ai114.photobucket.com_albums_n271_natedoof_jeep_20and_20truck_20lights_20140309_123041.jpg

Let me know if you think there is anything else i should do, or anything you suggest !

-Nate

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
looks great! clean install. perfect about of lights and perfect placement. the only thing you need to do is change the TIR3s on the rear LP bracket to a HORIZONTAL orientation. That is the way those lights are intended to be mounted.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Looks great!! John also did my car, he does awesome work!

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Looks great!

Two suggestions... Put two LinZ6's on a 10-75 intersection bracket for clearing the intersections when you nose in... Also, if you're adding an additional speaker, add an additional siren... Dual tones are WAY more effective than a single siren at 200 watts... just my 0.02.

Everything else looks great!

Seth

firemanemt89

Feb 11, 2011
USA, Massachusetts
C17LVFD said:
Looks great!

Two suggestions... Put two LinZ6's on a 10-75 intersection bracket for clearing the intersections when you nose in... Also, if you're adding an additional speaker, add an additional siren... Dual tones are WAY more effective than a single siren at 200 watts... just my 0.02.

Everything else looks great!

Seth

Yeah i was thinking about adding one of those intersection brackets to the front, i actually have some TIR4's sitting around and no where or way to mount them lol. and i do have an additional siren amp sitting around lol

thanks for all the input

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Very nice. I don't much like LED hideaways, and I like a lot of amber in back, but overall you've done a much better job than a lot of people on this site (like this guy). I hate to say it but you actually did a very good job at not split-flashing the M7's. (Far too many people seem to like split flash patterns.) Good flash patterns too.

One thing you could do to improve the performance of the lights on your rear license plate is swap them out for a pair of Whelen TIR3's with vertical optics for better off-angle visibility.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I like the install. Great job on the flashpatterns and no split fail. I would add another speaker and look into some intersection warning.

DFD382

May 25, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
I can see your plate number in the video.... Now I know where you live.... Better watch out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firemanemt89

Feb 11, 2011
USA, Massachusetts
DFD382 said:
I can see your plate number in the video.... Now I know where you live.... Better watch out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmfao im preety sure you already knew where I lived before the video hahahah

ffemt045

May 24, 2010
belmont NY
Not a fan of the controller but that's a sweet looking ride and nice install.

firemanemt89

Feb 11, 2011
USA, Massachusetts
My truck was dropped back off at Johns shop this morning, once i get my truck back i will update with more pictures, and new videos, i will also try and take some pictures of the brackets and what not.

MAPMFF86

Jul 1, 2011
Massachusetts, USA
Nice job! I have a '11 Silverado and am looking at an install. Sent you a PM!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
firemanemt89 said:
I do have another appointment to install 2 additional Whelen Vertexs (clear) in the front headlights of the truck to add some additional white towards the front. And I'm debating installing an additional 100w speaker and if there is anything else you think i should add please let me know.

looks good; i don't think u need to modify the lighting setup.

i think a 2nd speaker would be great (i think it's def worth the investment) and if u have some $ to spend, i would add LAWs in the top portion of the brake lights

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Love the install. It looks very good. I would slow down the headlight flasher if u can. Remember it's not an led it takes time to light up.

firemanemt89

Feb 11, 2011
USA, Massachusetts
Update: I tried slowing down the flash pattern in the wig-wags with no luck, it appears that they only have one flash pattern. Also I was wondering what everyone though about additional side warning ? Like more towards the middle of the truck. Either near the running boards or what not.

-Nate

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
Your truck is one of my favorites. As far as side warning I would try mounting a Ghost, Ion, or M2 in the rear door window. Just not a big fan of running board lights.

bstanis268

Jan 30, 2012
United States New York
I was just wondering how your vertex's in the fog lights were working out. I just bought a 2012 silverado and was going to do a vertex in each fog light along with a bunch of other lights all over. Basically my question is since the fog lights are so low to the ground have you had a problem with the lights fogging up after installing the vertex's?

firemanemt89

Feb 11, 2011
USA, Massachusetts
bstanis268 said:
I was just wondering how your vertex's in the fog lights were working out. I just bought a 2012 silverado and was going to do a vertex in each fog light along with a bunch of other lights all over. Basically my question is since the fog lights are so low to the ground have you had a problem with the lights fogging up after installing the vertex's?

I havent had any problems with the fog lights fogging up at all. They work great and give off an excellent secondary warning

firemanemt89

Feb 11, 2011
USA, Massachusetts
tom said:
How do you like the Code 3 RLS?

When i first got the RLS i had heard some mixed reviews about it, but i ended up having it installed anyways. I haven't had any problems with it. It does all the functions that i need it to do and is very simple to use. Overall i like the RLS, and am very happy with it.

Troop

Nov 14, 2013
East Coast
Nice looking truck. I also own a Silverado (no lights in it) and love seeing how other people set them up. Definitely keep us updated.

firemanemt89

Feb 11, 2011
USA, Massachusetts
I decided to finally upload a new video on my truck, a few months ago i added a 2nd Whelen Avenger to the front windshield of the truck and headliner mounted them. Here is the video, let me know what you all think!!

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
wow looks great so far. I love this install

my suggestion....

Invest $55 in a ULF44 Flasher. Set each Avenger to steady burn and sync them to the M7s and the vertex. This will also give you the option of a 'responding' and an 'on-scene' pattern. Not to mention a dim feature.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bfpd108

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.