2011 Dodge RAM Big Horn Edition ***UPDATE 8/30***

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
This is BJ's (triton911bj) new truck...  THe plans it a complete slick-top set-up...  This is just the initial set-up until he gets the funds for the rest of the equipment he wants...  

Here's the truck:

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Liga6bcc03eb3e1aa1b7250a8333e4a24f7.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Lig37a623c786d3f7469ea8e9c3531b587f.jpg

Currently Installed Equipment:

Front:

- Whelen Dual Talon (Red, Lower Windshield)

- 2 Whelen 700 Series Linear LED Lightheads (Red, Upper Grill, run off of a Whelen ULF-22 LED Flasher)

- 2 Feniex Fairy HAW LEDs (Clear, Fog Lights)

- Whelen SA315P Siren Speaker (no electric siren yet, mounted using the stock horn bracket, center of the grill)

- Federal Sign And Signal mini mechanical siren (yes, we did that, we're crazy)

Rear:

- 2 Whelen Vertex LED HAWs (Red, Tail Lights)

Here are some pics...  I didnt get pics of everything cause we were in a rush at the end of the install...

Fairys:

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Lig326e4f3e8cefab9739fdd9ed1a64d58f.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Liga4ea3ed2af42e09e0d2ca4feb9db2618.jpg

700s behind the grill:

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Lig1b56388e78947e1fe6293684bebb6060.jpg

Mini Mechanical Siren:

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Liga0de449a4a7d87f4726ba9299a86f6b7.jpg

I'll get more pics next time I'm up there, or BJ may post some...  

And of course, some vids...  lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7d9_z28 and tsquale

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
I'm done away with the blue mex lol.

I haven't decided what brand/type of interior bar I want to go with.and after looking at it several times, Def going to slow the clears down a bit.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Im really liking the 700s in the grill, Hmmm maybe I will have to do that lol

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Can you post close up pics where you drilled and installed the rear brake LEDs please. I have the same tail lights and trying to decide where a good spot will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Pics of the Vertex' in the tails...  They are installed on the inner wall (tailgate side) of the tail light, about 2-3" below the tail light bulb, and pointing straight to the side...  The way the tail light is designed, the light catches and bounces off the reflectors nicely in the housing...  

Pics are marked to show Vertex Location...

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Ligac5afb3fb28e1a8f1fbe509fe66ebca1.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Ligce6571cee182a61be00954cd1e8be4f6.jpg

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Ligad1c1efe829c6dc001ac56de16ef1b29.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice truck. I def agree on slowing down the fairy LAWs to basic alternating triple flash. Basically, all I think you need left are an ILB (but I hope you'll still keep the dual talon on the lower dash), a rear headliner lightstick, and some intersectors on the sides

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Thanks Boulder. That's about where I was guessing a good spot would be taking into account the reflector housing and the light beam spread. But having never done it wasn't 100%sure.

Looking good!!

Thanks

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I say put the talon on  a pattern with the whole unit flashing at once, combined with the 700s would be sick light show. I think moduflash is the one im thinking of with the slow single flash to the fast single flash and back.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
how do you get the videos to show up like that. Hyperlink?
When you upload a video to YT, and you see it in your "My Uploads" area, just right click on the title and select "Copy Link Address" (or open the link and copy the link address in the address bar of your browser), then just paste it in the body of your thread here...  It will auto embed the link as a playable video...

Reactions: tsquale
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
We did a litlte more work to the truck on Friday...  Got the custom remote mount siren installed and customized a switchbox to fit in his center console...  Plus we changed the flash pattern of the Fairys in the fogs (no I didn't get a video, when we install more lights we'll get another video)

Remote mount Kenwood Radio and Custom Remote Mount Sho-Me Siren: (under back seat)

received_10207518587541846.jpeg

Custom made switchbox: (made from a bunch of switchbox parts we had)

received_10207518588741876.jpeg

received_10207518588421868.jpeg

Custom made mount plate for the siren controls:

received_10207518588821878.jpeg

received_10207518589021883.jpeg

Reactions: tsquale
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Got a little more done the other day... Bj got some Sound-Off Intersectors, so we got to work putting them on...

Intersectors 01.jpg

Intersectors 02.jpg

So here is the current equipment list:
Front:
- Whelen Dual Talon (Red/Red Lower Windshield)
- Whelen 700 Linear LEDs (Upper Grill, Run off of a Whelen ULF-22)
- Feniex Fairy LED HAWs (White, Mounted in Fog Lights)

Side:
- Sound-Off Intersectors (Red, Under Mirrors)

Rear:
Whelen Vertex LED HAWs (Red, Mounted in Tail Lights)

And of course an updated video!!!

Future additions:
- Full Visor Bar
- Feniex Cannon 180s (Red/White) To be mounted in the cargo light sections of the CHMSL. Dual Function, White for Cargo Light/Red for Warning

Reactions: Tony P

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks great; just needs a HLF.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the future plan for LAWs in the CHMSL housing (i think they're a waste of money b/c the housing/reflector is so small)...i'd rather see something like a pair of ions on the rear headliner (1 Amber, 1 red)

Reactions: Krsdog25

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looks great; just needs a HLF.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the future plan for LAWs in the CHMSL housing (i think they're a waste of money b/c the housing/reflector is so small)...i'd rather see something like a pair of ions on the rear headliner (1 Amber, 1 red)

Agreed on both points. You'd be better off just wiring up some LED strip lights under the bed rails for cargo lighting and doing something in the read window for warning.

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
Thanks for the input guys!! Much appreciated...I like the ION idea, I may look into that.

The only thought on the CHMSL was the fact I didn't want to loose the cargo light function. But if the masses suggest rather to not use that area for warning, I will entertain other options. I do have a skidding window in back, so a full strip or bar is out of the question.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I just saw the pics of the siren mounted to the dash. Good job Boulder. Is it an awkward reach from the driver's seat to the siren knob and manual/horn buttons?

Thanks for the input guys!! Much appreciated...I like the ION idea, I may look into that.

The only thought on the CHMSL was the fact I didn't want to loose the cargo light function. But if the masses suggest rather to not use that area for warning, I will entertain other options. I do have a skidding window in back, so a full strip or bar is out of the question.

Another idea besides the ions (though I'm sure Boulder can figure out a way to cleanly mount a pair of ions there) is something like the axixtech super thin (ST6). Although the ion is going to have plenty of clearance on the headliner, maybe something like the ST6 is potentially an alternative option behind the head rests that won't interfere with the rear window

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
I just saw the pics of the siren mounted to the dash. Good job Boulder. Is it an awkward reach from the driver's seat to the siren knob and manual/horn buttons?

Don't give Boulder credit on that one lol..he can't solder for crap hahaha.

No, the reach is prefect. I don't have to lean or stretch to reach the controls.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL

I would not use the cargo light for warning, like pdk said, the housings aren't big enough to be effective warning. Two Feniex Cobra 200s mounted to the headliner on either side of the back window in a nice synced pattern would look good. I'm not sure if you'd be able to mount them there without them interfering with passenger head room though.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I would not use the cargo light for warning, like pdk said, the housings aren't big enough to be effective warning. Two Feniex Cobra 200s mounted to the headliner on either side of the back window in a nice synced pattern would look good. I'm not sure if you'd be able to mount them there without them interfering with passenger head room though.
I have a Cobra 800 mounted in my rear window...doesn't affect the rear passengers at all. It sits nicely right up against the window, just barely not touching it.

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
Also, how was the install of the intersectors? I'm more than likely going to install them on my 2016 Ram. Any tips for the install process?

They were not as bad as we thought it was going to be. The door panels removed fairly easy and we were able to run the wires easily into the cab. the tricky part was making sure not to drill into any wires for the mirror controls or too deep. Just make sure that you mount them a little further out. We got lucky on mine, cause if you notice the lights JUST touch the body. It doesnt affect the lights in anyway or look bad. But still something to be mindful of.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I've actually swayed away from the intersectors and am going to go with a Feniex Apollo Dual color F-12 under there mounted on an L bracket. I've got those lying around and think they will fit perfect under there.

Reactions: Hoff

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.