2011 Durango POV-install-Question UPDATE

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
II finally got around to finishing up my install on m y pov. im local vollie for my town. i dont really need all the lights considering im about 45 sec to a min from the fire house but i do installs and figured what the hell let me show my work.... so heres what i have on the truck

all front is blue

rear i have blue/red

up front

1-whelen slimlighter upper windshield

1-whelen hlf

2- rontan quasars in fogs

2-rontan dots custom mounted in license plate holder

2- strobesnmore e42 series mounted behind grille

1-damega siren speaker

rear

1-6 tir4 dual color stick in rear up window AWL(red/blue plus amber)

4-feneix fairys in tail lights

2-mini phantoms in side windows

all controlled with a damega proramable smart siren mounted inside the eyeglass holder above rearview mirror. the brain was mounted under driver seat.

all is fused with a breaker at the battery under the passenger seat.

UPDATE::::

ok so you know how i have the dots in the license plate bracket . i want to add either another set on the bottom facia facing sideways like shown in the pic i added or add a set of SIRENNET.COM - Sirennet SNL3SN Mini LED Light on either side slush mounted from behind in same manor as the dots.

do you think its worth it or are tthe lights to low. im really not 100% on doing it just want to see what you all think

durango-intersection-02.jpg

P1130433.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

P1120432.jpg

durango-intersection-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
VolEms said:
Very nice install. I would slow down the headlight flasher.

I was thinking of it and forgot. If I take the bumper back off for somereason ill chnage the pattern . I dont think i can reach .where I mounted it from underneath .

Thanks for the comments guys

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Can you close the sunglasses holder? I was able to fit a SS2000 control head in there but wouldn't close (in a JGC which is the same OHC).

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
The controller and bar look great! Nice install!

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Klein said:
Can you close the sunglasses holder? I was able to fit a SS2000 control head in there but wouldn't close (in a JGC which is the same OHC).

yes it canIMG_0565.jpg

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Beautiful install! What did you use to keep the slimlighter up there? I have a gen1 slimlighter that I put above my rvm, but it keeps falling down.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
firefighter7017 said:
Beautiful install! What did you use to keep the slimlighter up there? I have a gen1 slimlighter that I put above my rvm, but it keeps falling down.

Thanks.... I just used the suction cups. Try cleaning it really well its kinda leaning on the mirror bit too so that might help.but haven't had problem yet. I knowsome people use a dab of silicone . But I.have tint and dindnt wanna ruin it

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
carguy411 said:
Thanks.... I just used the suction cups. Try cleaning it really well its kinda leaning on the mirror bit too so that might help.but haven't had problem yet. I knowsome people use a dab of silicone . But I.have tint and dindnt wanna ruin it

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Light It Up

Jun 19, 2011
bk ny
wow it LOOKS amazing!!!!

awesome awesome job

perfect amount of lights with awesome patterns!!!

good job

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny

ok so you know how i have the dots in the license plate bracket . i want to add either another set on the bottom facia facing sideways like shown in the pic i added or add a set of Sirennet SNL3SN Mini LED Light on either side flush mounted from behind in same manor as the dots.

do you think its worth it or are the lights to low. im really not 100% on doing it but want a little more side instersection warning i have 2 4 way inters. that i have to go thru to get to the fire house figure help out a little

just want to see what you all think

thanks

C420sailor

May 23, 2010
Virginia, USA
NICE! Very neat install, nicely done. A perfect amount of 'NY lighting' if you ask me. Now here's where I nitpick. Don't take it personally :)

I'd have to swap that traffic stick around. For whatever reason I like seeing red on the drivers side of the vehicle when it comes to lightbars and sticks. Don't know why. Maybe I'm OCD?

You probably don't have to worry about this being a LEO, but I've seen people (myself included) get their nuts hammered for having red on the sides of the vehicle. To the rear is one thing for on-scene safety, but I got jimmy kicked for having a pair of red/red slimlighters in my rear side windows. The argument was that I was essentially demanding the right of way as an emergency vehicle when pulling out from side streets and at intersections, which isn't the case as a blue lighter.

Just my $.02, keep up the good work.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
thanks

as for as the bar i actually like the blue to driver lol and also i wanted the cable to go a certain way

as far as the red to side they dont really say anything half the guys in my dept are voluenteers as well..plus i dont really turn the side rear ones on too much... i had them laying around so threw them in to showcase my installs to give others ideas

As far as the update what do you all think i should do with the add intersections i want to installl??

mel

Jan 20, 2012
USA NE OHIO
carguy411 said:
ok so you know how i have the dots in the license plate bracket . i want to add either another set on the bottom facia facing sideways like shown in the pic i added or add a set of Sirennet SNL3SN Mini LED Light on either side flush mounted from behind in same manor as the dots.

do you think its worth it or are the lights to low. im really not 100% on doing it but want a little more side instersection warning i have 2 4 way inters. that i have to go thru to get to the fire house figure help out a little

just want to see what you all think

thanks

Looks really really good! You ever go direct to calls?

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
IMO, I don't like lights way down low. The lowest I would go would be an intersection bracket with two lights to the side. Surface mount lights are most effective in the grille area. A dual dash light low on your windshield may also be a nice addition since you have an SUV (just put it above the wipers).

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I look It looks great! Perfect amount of lights and perfect flash patterns. IMO, I don't like the dots that low. Maybe a pair of intersectiors under the mirrors?

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
thanks

no i dont respond direct to scene\

as far as mounting down that low i dont really want to do it that low. im still playing around with ideas

as for the intersectors i like them but not a big fan of them. first i like to have all my lights hidden as possible and they look to obvious to me. second i dont think they are as effective as mights mounted to license plate brackets or corne strobes reason being is my the time your mirros are out in the intersection half you car is thru .. i know they spread light almost 180o but if your comeing from a corner with a building or a parked car/truck they are useless imo

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I know to control the lights.... But he has a siren speaker, thats why I was wondering.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.