2011 Durango POV-install-Question UPDATE

C420sailor

May 23, 2010
Virginia, USA
lafd55 said:
I know to control the lights.... But he has a siren speaker, thats why I was wondering.

Yeah. Electronic air horns are fairly popular on Long Island. Are they legal? Not really, but neither are the lights that 90% of volunteers have. I went with a siren controller vice a dedicated PA/Airhorn because they're easier to install (in my opinion---no wiring of switches and the sort) and much easier to find cheaply secondhand. I almost never use mine (and I've never used the siren functions), but it's nice to have. And I've actually used the PA a few times.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
If he is from the island or even Westchester County I don't mind the Airhorns and PA, I would install a siren/controller myself if I was down there. I'm just saying that if he is from farther North it'd be more questionable. I love the set-up in every way. Just putting my 2 cents in about the siren/controller.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
ok to put this to bed. theres a few reasons why i have it the way i do. first using a conrtoller is much easier and a cleaner install. second on the side i do custom installs for POV, alarms remote starts, radios etc... ( i do high quality work for less than what the big install bays charge)this helps shows the things i can do when someone comes to me for a POV install

i dont hink i ever used the siren responding , but if i had to prob just use the airhorn., wouldnt make a diff if i used the siren, people dont get out of the way anyhow...

but thanks for the comments about the install. hope ill have a few more up to show you soon.

Hlover

Aug 31, 2012
Nj
Hi first of all nice build. Now I was wondering does the siren have a manual wail button like this whelen does

. At 0.30 sec.. Also what brad dual color light stick is that in the back and how we're you able to switch it from b/r to amber in warning mode? Are you able to go trough all the flash patterns in amber? Thanks

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
This member purchased a few of the lights from me. The siren does have a mechanical sound, and the bar is a dual colored RX bar. The bar has different color wires which can be wired to separate switches to change between different functions.

Hlover

Aug 31, 2012
Nj
tom said:
This member purchased a few of the lights from me. The siren does have a mechanical sound, and the bar is a dual colored RX bar. The bar has different color wires which can be wired to separate switches to change between different functions.

Do you sell the rear light bar? I don't see it on your site. Also do you have a video that shows the siren tones and the manual wail?

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Hlover said:
Do you sell the rear light bar? I don't see it on your site. Also do you have a video that shows the siren tones and the manual wail?

I do sell the bar, it just isn't listed on my site right now.

As for the siren, here is a video showing all of the tones:

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Sorry to bring back an old thread...

What Whelen HLF did you use...?  I have a UHF-2150A that I plan on using with my new (to me) 2011 Durango...  

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
What Whelen HLF did you use...?  I have a UHF-2150A that I plan on using with my new (to me) 2011 Durango...  

YES, that will work, i have that one in my 2013 Durango

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.