2011 F350 with cantrol update 11/6/2014

OutofCantrol

Jan 1, 2011
Some where CT
Newest update 11/6/2014

Well a year or so has gone by and like most people here I tend to get bored and want to try new things. So I took out a few old lights in favor of some more Cantrol friendly lights and add a few other pieces of equipment. Yes I know the truck is still "over done for a POV" but hey it's my hobby and although I'm no longer with my old part time upfitting gig I still tinker here and there so it's a good "show" vehicle to I guess.

Here is the old set up:

2011 F-350

Front:

2 - Micro Pioneer

2 - Vertex

2 - M4

2 - LinZ6s

Double avenger

Rear:

Rear 2 bulb Halo system

Dominator plus

Vertex - 2 white

- 2 red

- 2 Amber

Red LinZ6 in third brake light

2 - LinZ6

2 - PAR36

Liberty Duo Bar with quick disconnect

Cantrol with hand held controller.

Warning :

http://youtu.be/lbCLOaNNzDg

Here is the newest version:

2011 F-350

Front:

2 - Micro Pioneer

2 - Vertex

2 - M4

2 - LinZ6s facing out for intersection

2 - 500Vs mounted on the mirrors

XLP duo inner edge

1 LinZ6 in each rear window

Rear:

Dominator plus

Vertex - 2 white

- 2 red

- 2 Amber

Red LinZ6 in third brake light

2 - LinZ6

2 - PAR36

Liberty Duo Bar with quick disconnect

Cantrol with hand held controller.

American Aluminum K-9 insert

Ace K-9 Window Fan

Pioneer Arbitrator 360

Cantrol is programmed with classic front/rear/all plus the following:

- 4 factory upfitter switches also control warning and front/rear scene lighting

- day park (all or rear only)

- night (all or rear only)

- when in "rear" or "all" if the brakes are pressed the TA, Red vertex, and Red LinZ6 go solid.

- K-9 temp monitor which will lower the windows, turn on the Fan, and or set off alarms depending on what the cab temps reach.

- Amber mode for plowing

- red vertex activate with brakes/blinkers

- red LinZ6 activates as a third brake light

Arbitrator is programmed to come on with amber or warning lights. Arbitrator is being used primarily for date/time/gps stamped video for plowing to help protect against slip and fall claims.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415251678.144051.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415251696.270940.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415251709.590689.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415251721.962514.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415251731.167317.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415251744.941471.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415251758.197929.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415251769.986779.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415251783.182559.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415252556.716246.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415252585.297587.jpg

image.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415252539.407981.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
:thumbsup: you my friend have a beautiful set up. Feel free to continue showing off that truck and it's system with more video and photos! :)

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I love it! The only thing I dislike is that there is a quick disconnect on the Libby b/c that lightbar deserves a full-time home on your truck! I'm also glad to see you went with an M series grill light, but don't hide those puppies behind the grill; display those suckers or a larger M series lighthead right up front (I think they really do a good job of blending in with the chrome F-series grill).

Not sure I see the need for all of those WeCan functions that u programmed (ie temp monitor), but everything that flashes looks great and I do like the steady burn activation of the other rear lights when the brakes are pressed. The duo bar is also a perfect choice for a vollie that wants plenty of warning while responding to calls & while performing other duties (plowing, construction, etc). Longer videos demonstrating the blinkies & configuration is a must bro!

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Looks great. Would really like to see some more in-depth videos.

AllStrobedUp

Jun 1, 2013
Altamonte Springs, Flor
pdk9 said:
I love it! The only thing I dislike is that there is a quick disconnect on the Libby b/c that lightbar deserves a full-time home on your truck! I'm also glad to see you went with an M series grill light, but don't hide those puppies behind the grill; display those suckers or a larger M series lighthead right up front (I think they really do a good job of blending in with the chrome F-series grill).

Not sure I see the need for all of those WeCan functions that u programmed (ie temp monitor), but everything that flashes looks great and I do like the steady burn activation of the other rear lights when the brakes are pressed. The duo bar is also a perfect choice for a vollie that wants plenty of warning while responding to calls & while performing other duties (plowing, construction, etc). Longer videos demonstrating the blinkies & configuration is a must bro!

He has a K9

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
wow!!! love it!! Love the use of the cantrol. Sync looks GREAT!!! i like the ability to run amber only and the way you can use amber to the front while in park only. the steady burn with the brakes feature is nice too. I like your pattern selection. truck looks great. Impressive

the Dual Avenger is useless and a waste. no need for it. i would take it out. would look much cleaner without it. Get another one one and put them in the rear side windows.

OutofCantrol

Jan 1, 2011
Some where CT
Storm4200 said:
wow!!! love it!! Love the use of the cantrol. Sync looks GREAT!!! i like the ability to run amber only and the way you can use amber to the front while in park only. the steady burn with the brakes feature is nice too. I like your pattern selection. truck looks great. Impressive

the Dual Avenger is useless and a waste. no need for it. i would take it out. would look much cleaner without it. Get another one one and put them in the rear side windows.

Thanks for the compliments I agree when the bar on there is no need for the avenger, but I don't always run the bar. I up in the air about a 1/2 a duo xlp inner edge or a custom made IE with Ions. I don't really like how small the xlp is on pickups. But time and budget will make that decision.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Regardless of whether or not the lightbar is on the truck, I think the dual avenger would look better on the lower dash. Otherwise, it looks great and don't want to think about what that beauty looks like without a lightbar on top of it!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
emtanderson51 said:
That is OUTSTANDING. It is nice to see someone here who has a refined taste in their equipment!

You talk the big W into lowering the price on the cantrol (and not making me get a PhD to operate it) and I'll get one too!

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Just for my curiosity, what does a CanTrol system run? I haven't seen any price figures posted online anywhere.

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
That sir is one F'ing sweet setup! Verry nice.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Reactions: TritonBoulder47

OutofCantrol

Jan 1, 2011
Some where CT
Lseg810 said:
A siren with blue lights in CT hmmmmmmmmm.... :undecided:

Don't hate, main reason I went Cantrol is because I wanted Hot-n-pop features for my dog without buying a control and a hot-n-pop. That being said the tone patterns are just because I can, and who's to say I can't activate them off a button separately of the siren? :cool: Guess I could have done a retired CVPI...

gaden461

Feb 5, 2012
Danby New York
now that is a sweet ride really love what you have done the Liberty looks good on the truck and should stay there Whelen should give you a part time job just as a demo truck LOL

OutofCantrol

Jan 1, 2011
Some where CT
Just a little teaser picture of some recent changes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414983711.400822.jpg

Well after a while my ADD kicks in and I get bored so I changed a few things up. New mounting location for the Cantrol some new equipment and yes everyone the avenger is gone. Just finishing up a new program for the Cantrol.

More pictures and videos to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hawkspringsfire

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Looks great and good install.

Reactions: OutofCantrol
May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
I am REALLY curious to see those 500Vs in action.  I would like to do the exact same thing on my truck and I want to see how it works for you.  How effective are the spot lights in those things?  Do you get good off-axis lighting with them mounted on the mirror like that?  Do you have them on their own switch, or do they come on with the high-beams?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.