2011 Ford Crown Vic Police Package POV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaska Limousine

May 24, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
This POV I built is owned by an Alaskan City reserve police officer NOT A COMMISSIONED Police Officer. This is Privately owned and does not/ and cannot have Red/Blue lights on it.

Please do not swamp my thread informing me of the color of my clients lights.

The vehicle has the following installed:

Starting from front to rear-

-Pair Light Force Striker "Moose Lights"

-Pair Whelen TIR3 Amber LED Signal Alert pattern Bumper mounted (also used as secondary turn signal)

-Setina Pushbumper

-Opticom 3M Coded/Secure Traffic Pre-Emption power supply with Whelen Single Dashmiser Strobe with IR Lens mounted behind grille

-Federal Signal Rumbler systemIMAG0173.jpg

-Sound-Off High Beam Flasher Unit

-1 EA Whelen SA314 100Watt Siren Speaker

-Pair Whelen Clear Hide-a-way Strobes permanent mounted in Corner parking lights with heavy gauge marine wire & connectors

-Set of Heavy Duty Rubber Mud/Splash Guards in wheel wells

-Pair of Sound-Off Interesctor Amber LED's mounted under mirrors (also used as a secondary turn signal)

-Pair of Whelen Mirror Beam Strobe 500 Series Clear/Clear

-Whelen Inner Edge Lightbar 8 Amber LED & 2 Clear Take Downs

-Eyewitness Police video dash cam & overhead control w/LCD monitor and wireless microphone

-1 EA NMO mounted 3/8 Wave VHF 110 Watt Antenna

-Whelen 8 LED Traffic Advisor (each outter-most LED is also a secondary turn signal)

-Whelen deck mounted 500 Series Strobes Red/Red using a Whelen Talon housing around 3rd taillight

-1 EA Antennex VHF 50 Watt low profile antennas one for Motorola XTS5000 convertacom

-1 EA Antennex UHF 50 Watt low prfile antenna

-1 EA Trimble GPS antenna

-1 EA Antennex Low Profile 3G Wi-Fi Antenna

-1 EA Antennex Low Profile 802.1 WLAN Antenna

-Sound-Off Bask Flash unit

-Pair Whelen Hide-A-Way strobes mounted in tail lights Red/Red

Troy Console CC-MC-25 has the following:

Master Switch

Barrel Key Switch (to disable all non-factory installed equiptment functions)

Motorola DEK siren/PA controls

Motorola Astro W9 control/display head

2 EA Motorola AUX Switchboxes

Whelen Traffic Advisor controller TACLTD1

Whelen DIP8 LED Diagnostic Strobe Indicator Panel

Troy AC-INTHBH-G beverage holder with rubber grommets

Troy FP-TICK 3" Open Stroage Box

Motorola Speaker

Troy AC-ARM MNT 5"x10" Leather Arm rest adjustable

Dash has Havis C-MCB-CV Dual Mic Clip

Console has a side mounted Motorola XTVA (convertacom) for a VHF XTS5000

Motorola MW-800 Touchscreen Computer with DVD-RW, GPS, Wi-Fi, and AT&T 3G Internet Data Air Card w/ external Antennas

Siren/PA & Airhorn is driven by a Motorola Systems 9000 110Watt Siren/PA Amp controlled from the radio control head and also has an electric airhorn with Rumbler feature activation when steering wheel horn ring is depressed.

Trunk has Havis Full width tray that slides out

Whelen ISP188 8 Outlet 180 Watt Strobe Power supply

IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Alaska Limousine

May 24, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
ISU_Cyclone said:
Seems odd for a police officer to have all amber/clear lights with a Rumbler siren system...does it not?

Reserve Officers are not commissioned and cannot have red/blue lights on their POV's. Rumbler is with use of the airhorn to supplement the audible speaker.

Last thing one needs, is to be impersonating a LEO and can lead to bad repercussions. So, sticking to using amber and clear lights is highly desirable.

WhiteLite03

Oct 7, 2010
Middle Tennessee
Alaska Limousine said:
Reserve Officers are not commissioned and cannot have red/blue lights on their POV's. Rumbler is with use of the airhorn to supplement the audible speaker.
Last thing one needs, is to be impersonating a LEO and can lead to bad repercussions. So, sticking to using amber and clear lights is highly desirable.

Good looking install!

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Alaska Limousine said:

What ?

I'm not too fond of the constant bashing about any guy who can't positively justify he's allowed a red bulb, but that statement strikes me as very odd... This is a current police car model black in color, that looks, smells, roars like a cop CVPI, and you preach caution about NOT being misconstrued for a real cop ?

When it's not lit up, it still screams "I'm the Lawman" !!! A very interesting rationalization you came up with !! :) (or your customer did)

Having said that, it's a really well done project, clean and professional.

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
Definitely not something you see everyday for setups. Very nice and clean looking install. I like the mix of strobe and LED. Curious why the use of strobes on the rear deck tho...seems that LED would have punched through the window tint better. Either way looks good. Great work.

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
Someone has a lot of money to play with..Im guessing its your car since it looks identical to the older car you have posted as your POV here

Alaska Limousine's ShowCase :: Alaska Limousine -My POV for National Guard Military TDY trips

why would a reserve officer need an eyewitness camera and traffic preemption?

"Opticom 3M Coded/Secure Traffic Pre-Emption power supply with Whelen Single Dashmiser Strobe with IR Lens mounted behind grille"

AS 11.56.825. Unlawful Possession or Use of Traffic Preemption Device.

(a) A person commits the crime of unlawful possession or use of a traffic preemption device if the person possesses or uses a traffic preemption device and that person is not, at the time of the possession or use, operating an emergency vehicle.

( B) This section does not apply to

(1) an employee of the state or a municipality who, at the time of the possession or use of a traffic preemption device, is authorized to install, repair, or maintain traffic preemption devices and only uses a device in the process of installing, repairing, and maintaining the devices; or

(2) a person operating a motor vehicle involved in highway maintenance or public transit that has been authorized by the Department of Transportation and Public Facilities or by the municipal assembly or council, as appropriate, to possess or use a traffic preemption device.

© In this section,

(1) "emergency vehicle" means a police, fire, or emergency medical service vehicle that only uses a traffic preemption device when responding to a fire or other emergency or when transporting a patient to a hospital or clinic or for transfer to another emergency vehicle;

(2) "traffic preemption device" means a system that uses infrared light or other technology on a motor vehicle to transmit a signal to a receiver connected to a traffic light or other traffic control device for the purpose of giving the vehicle transmitting the signal the right-of-way by changing the traffic light or control device.

(d) Unlawful possession or use of a traffic preemption device is a class A misdemeanor.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
So the Rumbler is just to honk at people? The pre-emption is for.....? The MDC and eyewitness camera are to do what?

Besides everything logistically that makes no sense, the car looks awesome and you did a great job on the installation.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
It looks like a good, solid installation. I just can't, for the life of me, understand why someone who can't run lights/sirens would have a need for... well, lights and sirens. :bonk:

NHFD104

May 25, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I can promise you that, as a recenty retired National Guard Warrant Officer and G-section branch chief, absolutely nothing about being in the National Guard warrants, requires, authorizes, dictates, necessitates, or in any way permits you to possess or use any of that equipment. I am certain your Adjutant and the Alaska IG will be interested in your postings. So, keep digging that hole a little deeper...

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
OK, everything aside, wtf is the antenna on a post for, and what does it do? Links, details, etc? (old car image)

1650.jpg

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
Good install, like it. But i have to agree with above posts, why all the lights in amber/clear, siren, complete radio system, MDT, camera system, all the radio antennas, oh and a CVPI for a reserve officer who really has no powers nor needs to have all that.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Just a few observations:

1) The plate on the front of the car is not the same plate that is on the car in the video. The plate in the video does not appear to have "exempt" on it. Therefore I would state that the plate in the pictures is a phony.

2) After spending about 30 minutes digging around on the internet I discovered a couple of things. Out of respect I will not reveal any names yet, but it is not hard to find. This guy is a local Alaskan ham radio operator, member of the Alaskan Live Steamers Groups, and the licensee for a tower site that I am assuming is used for model railroading since it has RR frequencies licensed to it.

3) Someone who I am assuming is this guys mother is on the city council in the town he lives in. Whether it is his mom, or some other relative it may be giving this guy a false sense of security about getting away with looking like a cop.

4) In Tennessee (and I know everywhere is different) even reserve officers have to have a commission from their department in order to have law enforcement powers. At my department all employees carry, as part of their department ID, commission cards from our chief of police stating that we are commissioned officers with the Blah Blah Police Department. When I look at the vehicle showcase, and taken into account all the other info I have found online with the help of google I think what we have here is a non-reserve, non-commissioned WHACKER!

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
THE PLOT THICKENS!!! As I was digging and doing some more research I confirmed that this guys mother is on the city council in the town he resides in. His mother also has owned and operated a SIGN shop for 29 years, which is where the pictures of this Crown Vic were taken.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
According to this guys facebook he majored in Criminal Justice and is a volunteer firefighter in the town where he lives.

Also he is in the Guard and has been to Iraq. Sooooooooooooooooooo that being said...

I hate to bust someones balls that has or is currently serving, just fess up and admit this is your crown vic and that you like lights. I mean at least yours are amber.

kc4767

Jun 1, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The antenna on a post is a XM sat. radio antenna. I was actually looking at them last night to improve the reception on my xm radio.

XM Satellite Radio Receiver

With the amount of crown vic's on the street now a days, i dont even pay them a second look. Some people/departments are too friggin lazy to remove the old red and/or blue halogen lights from them. I saw them in a taxi recently.

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
S***** K*****, born in 1985 in Palmer, Alaska. He is a 3rd generation Alaskan and has been involved with the Alaska Live Steamers since 1998 when he was 13 years old.

He has been actively participating in the organization now for almost 12 years, and been working on his 1/8 scale Alaska Railroad Budd RDC-3 #701 since he was 15.

Interests in railroading began with his first train ride on the Hurricane Turn flagstop service on a Budd RDC. His first train set was a HO scale Bachman freight train with a Alaska Railroad F7A and caboose that was being sold in Carrs grocery stores years ago.

From that moment he actively collected HO scale model trains to expand his hobby and building major sized layouts.

When he turned 12 years he started working with airbrushing and soon found a knack for making custom Alaska Railroad models and selling them to tourists.

At that time there was very little Alaska Railroad model trains being produced by manufacturers. He soon became quite the entrepreneur and over the years was awarded a contract with the Alaska Railroad Gift Shop and sold over 300 HO scale custom painted Alaska Railroad passenger cars and several hundred more online all over the globe including G scale garden trains.

S**** graduated from Cornerstone Christian School in Wasilla in 2004. He was a Boy Scout, an Alaska State Student Trooper with post #55 and an Explorer firefighter with Central Mat-Su fire Department. In his senior year, he was accepted into the Alaska Railroad’s Tour Guide training program at the King Career Center graduating the program in February of 2004 being the first Valley student to ever be accepted into the program.

He joined the Alaska Army National Guard in October 2003 during his school attendance and shipped off to Army basic training in the summer of 2004. He became a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter crew-chief for a year and then was selected to become a flight engineer on the Army’s C-23 Sherpa cargo fixed wing aircraft.

After his deployment to Iraq in 2007 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, he switched services and enlisted in the Alaska Air National Guard and became a C-17 heavy cargo airlift loadmaster.

His wife, E*** and he met in 2003 when they worked in the juvenile justice system in the Mat-Su youth court program. She was a judge and he a legal council advocate. They were married in October of 2004, and have two daughters T****** age 5 and A****** age 1. In summer of 2006, they both worked for Princess Rail Tours on their tour trains.

He is currently a volunteer firefighter for the Central Mat-Su Fire Department at station 6-1, a business owner for Real Alaska Tours, a full time college student at Charter College majoring in a B.S. Criminal Justice program and rental property manger/owner.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
LLS said:
S***** K*****, born in 1985 in Palmer, Alaska. He is a 3rd generation Alaskan and has been involved with the Alaska Live Steamers since 1998 when he was 13 years old.

He has been actively participating in the organization now for almost 12 years, and been working on his 1/8 scale Alaska Railroad Budd RDC-3 #701 since he was 15.

Interests in railroading began with his first train ride on the Hurricane Turn flagstop service on a Budd RDC. His first train set was a HO scale Bachman freight train with a Alaska Railroad F7A and caboose that was being sold in Carrs grocery stores years ago.

From that moment he actively collected HO scale model trains to expand his hobby and building major sized layouts.

When he turned 12 years he started working with airbrushing and soon found a knack for making custom Alaska Railroad models and selling them to tourists.

At that time there was very little Alaska Railroad model trains being produced by manufacturers. He soon became quite the entrepreneur and over the years was awarded a contract with the Alaska Railroad Gift Shop and sold over 300 HO scale custom painted Alaska Railroad passenger cars and several hundred more online all over the globe including G scale garden trains.

S**** graduated from Cornerstone Christian School in Wasilla in 2004. He was a Boy Scout, an Alaska State Student Trooper with post #55 and an Explorer firefighter with Central Mat-Su fire Department. In his senior year, he was accepted into the Alaska Railroad’s Tour Guide training program at the King Career Center graduating the program in February of 2004 being the first Valley student to ever be accepted into the program.

He joined the Alaska Army National Guard in October 2003 during his school attendance and shipped off to Army basic training in the summer of 2004. He became a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter crew-chief for a year and then was selected to become a flight engineer on the Army’s C-23 Sherpa cargo fixed wing aircraft.

After his deployment to Iraq in 2007 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, he switched services and enlisted in the Alaska Air National Guard and became a C-17 heavy cargo airlift loadmaster.

His wife, E*** and he met in 2003 when they worked in the juvenile justice system in the Mat-Su youth court program. She was a judge and he a legal council advocate. They were married in October of 2004, and have two daughters T****** age 5 and A****** age 1. In summer of 2006, they both worked for Princess Rail Tours on their tour trains.

He is currently a volunteer firefighter for the Central Mat-Su Fire Department at station 6-1, a business owner for Real Alaska Tours, a full time college student at Charter College majoring in a B.S. Criminal Justice program and rental property manger/owner.

This isn't funny or anything dude... It's just freakkin creepy....... Idk about you, but I don't have the time to sit around and study somebody from ELB's life and write up a nice article on it... Very very weird man. Very weird. If you have such a problem with this guy, then take it up with him..... This is just FAR beyond stalking.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

ccsobaker

Jul 4, 2010
Central Arkansas
jcpse said:
This isn't funny or anything dude... It's just freakkin creepy....... Idk about you, but I don't have the time to sit around and study somebody from ELB's life and write up a nice article on it... Very very weird man. Very weird. If you have such a problem with this guy, then take it up with him..... This is just FAR beyond stalking.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that this is a bio he found online with a quick search.

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
jcpse said:

I found it online in 3 min.

searched his limo company, and got a phone number.

Searched his phone number, got an address,

Searched his address, and got a name. searched his name and got his Bio

The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.