2011 Ford Fusion

First video I have EVER made so go easy. I have HD vids of other cars just havent made them presentable. Details about the install are at the end of the video.

(I did not install the radio system)

I would add fog light HLF and some side warning if they would have gone for it.

Yes, we saw those other vehicles, thats where the customer got the idea for what to buy. I was just the lucky one to put in in for them.

I was just corrected on the radio, its a 5000.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Looks awesome, nice and clean install!

The only thing I don't like about Owlemt's installs is that he seems to use LED by the inch for almost all of his installs.

May 22, 2010
New York City
tom said:
Looks awesome, nice and clean install!

The only thing I don't like about Owlemt's installs is that he seems to use LED by the inch for almost all of his installs.

most likely he is a sho-me dealer , we all started with there leds lol

firecop604

Dec 11, 2010
MD
I'd like to see how much flashback there is in the care using the LED by-the-inch w/o a flashback shield. How bad is it? The same with any of the stick bars that don't have the shields.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I posted on owlemt's youtube page asking why he uses so much by the inch first gen leds.He deleted my comment. I dont think a by the inch is a primary light. He does a lot of federal installs and they dont know whats bright they just pay. He also takes all his vids in the shop not in daylight so its all looks bright on youtube.

swat247

Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
+1 on the install! I wish our detective's vehicles were that lit up! Most of our Fusions have a Sound-Off Predator dashlight, HLF, HAWs in corners and taillights, and a deck light (usually something small like a Mini-Phantom, etc.)

I also agree that the LED's by the Inch are great...just not for purpose they serve most of the time. Most of the time, you see them prominently mount (like in this case). They'd be better off if they sprung for a deck light, too.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
VolEms said:
I posted on owlemt's youtube page asking why he uses so much by the inch first gen leds.He deleted my comment. I dont think a by the inch is a primary light. He does a lot of federal installs and they dont know whats bright they just pay. He also takes all his vids in the shop not in daylight so its all looks bright on youtube.

I had asked him when I first started watching his vids and he said it was for two reasons:

A) he had a big amount left over

B) it was easy to install and hide for undercover installs

I'm still not convinced that it is lighting that should be used on installs today

tom said:
I had asked him when I first started watching his vids and he said it was for two reasons:
A) he had a big amount left over

B) it was easy to install and hide for undercover installs

I'm still not convinced that it is lighting that should be used on installs today

I have to agree, the light output isnt that great in direct sunlight. On the other hand these things are tiny but the mounts were terrible. I modified them to make them suck up higher and made my own visor clip brackets.

dcsru

Mar 27, 2011
USA/VA
While they are not near as bright as newer lights, I totally agree with the undercover aspect. I work nights mostly and have two sections of LEDs by the inch. The are in pretty much the same spot tucked up inside the headliner of my unmarked 2001 Crown Vic (you can't see where they are even if your sittting inside the car). I have a whelen visor light also in the windshield, but that's it up there (I have grille lights, strobes, HF,TLF, etc). The Sho-me's are plenty bright and keep my car from being recognized as an active police car. I don't wash it on the outside, don't use hub caps, have no visable antennas, have dark tint, and alot of body dings and dents. The car totally looks like an old police auctioned $500 car which are a dime a dozen in DC.

There is no way I could run any type of dash light or an interior lightbar and get the same results. Those thin lights are the only thing I have found I could get into the headliner.

iceman4122

May 25, 2010
New York
Keith K. said:
Nice.....and the car is fun to drive.

Sorry have to disagree with that. The car sounds like a go kart when putting the petal to the medal, not to mention it's a very tight fit when wearing a gun belt. Very uncomfortable as a patrol car and no where near enough power.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
iceman4122 said:
Sorry have to disagree with that. The car sounds like a go kart when putting the petal to the medal, not to mention it's a very tight fit when wearing a gun belt. Very uncomfortable as a patrol car and no where near enough power.

I dont think Ford had any intention of this car EVER being used for patrol car. They have/had the CVPI for that.

I love the 2010+ Fusions!

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I like it, good job.

They are in the end credits but I have learned I should have put that on here

Front and rear led interior lights- Sho Me LED by the inch (not a fan)

Grill and rear license plate bracket- Whelen lin3's

Hide away LAWS- Whelen vertexs

Siren control- Federal 650 handheld

Radio- Motorola 5000 not 2500 as listed in vid

Siren- Whelen 315p

I think that is about it.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
kenton1979 said:
They are in the end credits but I have learned I should have put that on here

Front and rear led interior lights- Sho Me LED by the inch (not a fan)

Grill and rear license plate bracket- Whelen lin3's

Hide away LAWS- Whelen vertexs

Siren control- Federal 650 handheld

Radio- Motorola 5000 not 2500 as listed in vid

Siren- Whelen 315p

I think that is about it.

Thanks! I was on my iPhone and didnt have time at work for the credit to roll.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.