2011 GMC Terrain with Emergency Lighting

LawMan902

Mar 29, 2011
FL, USA
I am going to assume this is a leased pov and that's why minimal lighting was installed as to not go drilling holes everywhere. I would definitely suggest getting rid of those split tir4's and go with at least some tir6 if you absolutely must have the split color/flash pattern. Might want to also at least add a license plate bracket for more rear warning, and possibly a 10-75 bracket up front if you are using this vehicle to respond. You've got a good foundation though...

-Chris

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
If this is all the light you are going to put on, I would take the ones in the back side windows and grill mount them. Or is this a way to say I have minimum 360 protection.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
fire1 said:
If this is all the light you are going to put on, I would take the ones in the back side windows and grill mount them. Or is this a way to say I have minimum 360 protection.

The 360 rule applies to a roof mounted light of some sort... Technically this set-up is completely illegal in PA... But it all depends on where you're from and how hard the PD in the area(s) crack down on it... Technically My set-up is also illegal... LoL

To the OP... Its a great start, but I do agree that you should add some more to it...

ceavers30

Aug 8, 2011
USA PA
The vehicle is not leased I bought it. I had strobes and grille lights in my Colorado that I sold. Im waiting to have money to get some LED HAW in the front turn signals and reverse lights. The grille has almost no where to mount anything in it.

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Definatly add more rear warning. The grille has plenty of openings to add lights. Get a fender washer and mount it on the back side of the grille when you bolt the light down the fender washer will prevent the nut from pulling thru one of the factory openings in the grille. I would also add a rear LP bracket and some lights. I'd put the rear window leds on the LP brackect if they are waterproof and get some leds with a little more kick to them behind that tint. Otherwise, you have a good start to a bad ass lookin suv. Trick it out.

LawMan902

Mar 29, 2011
FL, USA
Watching the video again, the lights in the rear look like some type of LIN4 heads. They would be perfect for a LP bracket, and I would reccomend some type of warning bar for the rear. I just picked up a 6 head Rocket X warning bar/ta (6x tir4 heads) from "tom" on here for $160. It is an awesome light, has warning and ta patterns, and punches through my limo tinted rear window perfectly. And the price can't be beat... Check it out!

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
LawMan902 said:
...and I would reccomend some type of warning bar for the rear. I just picked up a 6 head Rocket X warning bar/ta (6x tir4 heads) from "tom" on here for $160. It is an awesome light, has warning and ta patterns, and punches through my limo tinted rear window perfectly. And the price can't be beat... Check it out!

Thanks for the plug Chris! :thumbsup:

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
Try and look for 2 single talons or vipers on the board here. They would be way better for the rear then what you are running now.

If money isnt an issue try to get a warning bar back there.

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
TritonBoulder47 said:
The 360 rule applies to a roof mounted light of some sort... Technically this set-up is completely illegal in PA... But it all depends on where you're from and how hard the PD in the area(s) crack down on it... Technically My set-up is also illegal... LoL

To the OP... Its a great start, but I do agree that you should add some more to it...

I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, thanks man!

But yeah. Also the red to the rear is pretty illegal too.

cory y

May 21, 2010
it All depends on how he uses the lights... For onscene ID purposes, this set up is plenty. For Courtesy lights, its plenty. for actual Responce, its minimal, but if it moves traffic it works.

Less is More

and if it is used for response, the rear lights are plenty. more focus should be on the front half than the rear.

unless this vehicle is going to be sitting on the side of a high speed road, the back is just fine.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Ipuvaepe said:
I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, thanks man!

HAHA Yeah, I get told all the time about the not so legal nature of my vehicle... But most areas are pretty good unless you screw around with your lights...

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Ipuvaepe said:

So they're not amber?

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
nerdly_dood said:
So they're not amber?

Maybe they are but purple colored tint across the top makes it look red by filtering out the green while leaving the red from the ambers and blue from blue untouched? They look red to me.

Not that it matters, technically in PA VFF (who are the only ones who can use blue without red) are not supposed to use any color other than blue, no B/A or B/W just B/B.

Though I have NEVER seen that enforced, and I hope I never will.

ceavers30

Aug 8, 2011
USA PA
Updating lights in the terrain just ordered 2 mini phantoms blue/white for front headliner, mini justice all blue, and light stick for rear window

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
DEAR FUCKING LORD, what the hell is all that screaming and beating in the video, is that supposed to be music??????

bobbyj

May 1, 2012
Bellingham, MA
Hey, do you have any pics of your interior set up? I'm doing an install in one and I'm having some trouble picking the best design.

Also, do you have a radio installed?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.