2011 Pierce Quantum Dive Rescue Truck ~NEW PICS!~

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
Our paid-on-call fire department takes delivery of this 2011 Pierce Quantum Dive Rescue truck on Wednesday. It will hold gear for our (approx) 12 member dive team and will also respond as a heavy rescue truck. It has a walk-thru cab design and 4 SCBA seats in the cab. I will post better/more pictures once we have it. The following are from the factory.

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_TDFD_203176_3176_10.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_TDFD_203176_3176_9.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_TDFD_203176_3176_8.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_TDFD_203176_3176_7.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_TDFD_203176_3176_5.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_TDFD_203176_3176_4.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_TDFD_203176_3176_3.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_TDFD_203176_3176_2.jpg

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_TDFD_203176_3176_1.jpg

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Looks really nice! Can't wait for more pics and some videos.

Do you all do a lot of major water rescues? Is this your departments heavy rescue or just a dedicated dive/water rescue unit?

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
aberfitchguy2472 said:
Looks really nice! Can't wait for more pics and some videos.

Do you all do a lot of major water rescues? Is this your departments heavy rescue or just a dedicated dive/water rescue unit?

Thanks! I can't wait until it's here so I can get some nice photos! My only gripe so far is I think it needs an arrowstick or something to the rear and I'm not too sure about the lightbar...but we'll see.

Our township is located in an area called "Lake Country" due to there being many lakes in the area. We are situated in between 2 of the busier lakes in the county and do mutual aide to surrounding communities for dive rescue. I wouldn't say we do a lot of major water rescues, but we are called upon from time to time for less serious calls (2 days ago, lady drove car into retention pond). We also have a dive trailer with a Zodiac and ice/dive rescue equipment.

This is the truck it is replacing. We do use it as a "Rescue Truck" for carrying extra equipment (saws, generators, scene lighting, extra SCBA) and personnel to scenes. Extrication equipment is kept on our engines. I believe this is a 1984 GMC gas truck. It is currently for sale if anyone is interested. Located in Delafield, WI (SE Wisconsin, 30 min west of Milwaukee). :cool:

ai634.photobucket.com_albums_uu64_BoondockSaint3100_TDFD_203176_DSCF0036.jpg

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Is the SCBA tank refill a bottle to bottle refill, or is that a whole stand alone air machine? (where it creates air pressure itself?)

Sorry, its early, and I cannot remember the proper name for the life of me.. :lol:

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
unlisted said:
Is the SCBA tank refill a bottle to bottle refill, or is that a whole stand alone air machine? (where it creates air pressure itself?)

Sorry, its early, and I cannot remember the proper name for the life of me.. :lol:

maybe a compressor or a cascade?

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
unlisted said:

Cascade

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Nice looking truck. That Q siren in the front bumper would make a dandy boat anchor. :lol:

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
Wailer said:
Nice looking truck. That Q siren in the front bumper would make a dandy boat anchor. :lol:

As long as they install a Powercall or T1300A ;)

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
I really like the round headlights. I would repaint the rear as soon as I took delivery, don't care what NFPA says.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Wailer said:

Beats the heck out of anything circuit board can produce!

SSgt Elmer

May 21, 2010
NE WI, USA
The lightbar rules. Love to see it in person, maybe a detour through delafield is in my future lol. Nice truck.

MATT3045

May 23, 2010
Akron Ohio area
HPD84 said:
Wow,after 26 years finally a replacement and really nice upgrade :)
26 years, that is not bad. We are picking up our new engine next week that is replacing a 1970 something refurb in 1982 reserve engine.

May 21, 2010
Delafield, WI
MATT3045 said:
26 years, that is not bad. We are picking up our new engine next week that is replacing a 1970 something refurb in 1982 reserve engine .

Key words... This is our first out truck to any dive rescue call. It is also used for man power, mvc's, structure fire calls etc... This is a very important piece of apparatus to us and replacing it was over due. The old truck isn't in terrible condition but it is very out dated and terribly small/jam packed full of equipment. The new truck is awesome, minus the chevrons.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
SlickSilveradoZ71 said:
Key words... This is our first out truck to any dive rescue call. It is also used for man power, mvc's, structure fire calls etc... This is a very important piece of apparatus to us and replacing it was over due. The old truck isn't in terrible condition but it is very out dated and terribly small/jam packed full of equipment. The new truck is awesome, minus the chevrons.

And the absence of a rear arrowstick and the fact the rear lights are not in an X-pattern :cool:

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
ISU_Cyclone said:
And the absence of a rear arrowstick and the fact the rear lights are not in an X-pattern :cool:

That shouldn't be too hard to fix I hope.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Looks sharp!

Are there any controls over on the officers side? Also, on the third and fifth pictures, what are the tings sticking out from the rear side of the truck?

For the light tower, do you have the parking brake set with the truck running and do you have the generator engaged? I know on our truck I'm pretty sure we have to have the PTO generator activated to get the light tower to work, but I could be mistaken.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
aberfitchguy2472 said:
Looks sharp!

Are there any controls over on the officers side? Also, on the third and fifth pictures, what are the tings sticking out from the rear side of the truck?

For the light tower, do you have the parking brake set with the truck running and do you have the generator engaged? I know on our truck I'm pretty sure we have to have the PTO generator activated to get the light tower to work, but I could be mistaken.

The officer side gets lighting controls as well, however it is limited to the "Master Emergency" button only if I recall correctly. Officer side does have the front flood light button, something the driver doesn't have.

The things sticking out are just marker lights mounted on flexible rubber arms so that they wont be broken off if struck.

The PTO generator was on and I believe all other "prerequisites" were covered. The manufacturer is coming by to troubleshoot it...

May 21, 2010
Delafield, WI
The light tower can be put up and moved without the PTO generator on BUT the lights will not turn on without the PTO generator engaged. In order to engage the PTO generator the truck has to be in neutral with the parking brake set.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
SlickSilveradoZ71 said:
The light tower can be put up and moved without the PTO generator on BUT the lights will not turn on without the PTO generator engaged. In order to engage the PTO generator the truck has to be in neutral with the parking brake set.

Im just waiting for my harness to arrive so I can strap in and ride that thing up to the top for a great view of whats going on :cool:

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
HPD84 said:
Wow,after 26 years finally a replacement and really nice upgrade :)

Seen the old 3176 many times when I was a news stringer back in the early 90s and looks just as it did back then other then the unit number change around 2000. The Town of Delafield is like many rural Waukesha Volunteer/Paid on Call departments, they have some older rigs, but are in great condition. So being 26 years old is not uncommon, but for the larger full time cities you will only see older rigs as backups.

Here is a video I shot around 1993, you can see some of the equipment they had back then. This is one of the few Town of Delafield videos I have during the day, most of them are at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogoaNr4jsPo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogoaNr4jsPo

What is going to happen to the old 3176, are they selling it to another department? Still probably a good truck and likely low miles.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
K9Vic said:
Seen the old 3176 many times when I was a news stringer back in the early 90s and looks just as it did back then other then the unit number change around 2000. The Town of Delafield is like many rural Waukesha Volunteer/Paid on Call departments, they have some older rigs, but are in great condition. So being 26 years old is not uncommon, but for the larger full time cities you will only see older rigs as backups.

Here is a video I shot around 1993, you can see some of the equipment they had back then. This is one of the few Town of Delafield videos I have during the day, most of them are at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogoaNr4jsPo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogoaNr4jsPo

What is going to happen to the old 3176, are they selling it to another department? Still probably a good truck and likely low miles.

Very cool video!

The old truck is for sale right now. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4948&p=60542&hilit=dive+rescue+truck#p60542

All our trucks are definitely older than most other departments, so we have to take great care of them. We outgrew our old rescue truck more than anything; mechanically it is fine.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.