2011 Sheriffs Dept subdued Tahoes

linemanjas

May 26, 2010
Layton, Utah
The Sheriff's Dept. just got Five of these black Tahoes last week. I love the subdued graphics on them, they are very different than the current design. I'll get some interior and night time shots in the next few days. And the last pics are for reference of their current look....

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s44_linemanjas_SO_20Tahoes_stealthtahoes003.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s44_linemanjas_SO_20Tahoes_stealthtahoes002.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s44_linemanjas_SO_20Tahoes_stealthtahoes001.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s44_linemanjas_SO_20Tahoes_flowersandtahoes006.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s44_linemanjas_SO_20Tahoes_flowersandtahoes005.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s44_linemanjas_SO_20Tahoes_flowersandtahoes004.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s44_linemanjas_SO_20Tahoes_stealthtahoes005.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s44_linemanjas_SO_20Tahoes_stealthtahoes004.jpg

and heres a link to another post that will answer a lot of your questions ....

http://www.elightbars.org/forums/f35/new-pics-sheriffs-dept-2010-tahoes-canyon-patrol-1878/

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I love stealth graphics like that! I keep thinking a trollface meme belongs there...

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I like the stealth graphics i just dont like that it has a lightbar with stealth graphics??? kinda odd

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Those are sharp looking rigs. The graphics are good looking and clean and most of the vehicles seem very well lit. Nice!

EMS7EMT

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
I do love the stealth graphics However the truck is not really "stealthy" with an exterior push-bar and the exterior lights.

linemanjas

May 26, 2010
Layton, Utah
Thats why i titled the thread "subdued" instead of stealth. Around here these will throw 95% of Joe Public a curve ball as they are used to the other white vehicles with green lettering. Also around here half the trucks and suv's have bull bars or winch bumpers so these dont scream "Sheriff" all that much.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Love those Tahoe's. Now if they would only put a Fed Sig Legend on top :)

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
wtbysix said:
Nice trucks!!

Just a question...

sheriff paramedic?

Some departments cross train their staff as EMTs or Paramedics. The Sheriffs Office he works for patrols canyons where many times it takes time for ambulances to reach. Having deputies as Paramedics reduces the wait for medical care.

djmcfall

Nov 10, 2010
Filer, Idaho
chono said:
Some departments cross train their staff as EMTs or Paramedics. The Sheriffs Office he works for patrols canyons where many times it takes time for ambulances to reach. Having deputies as Paramedics reduces the wait for medical care.

In rural counties such as in Utah and here in Idaho, why not combine resources, as long as it does not result in an ineffective deputy sheriff? I am in the process of x-training one of my resident deputies, on the east end of our county, to also be a member of the local QRU (Quick Response Unit), as he currently is assisting on med calls anyway. Not the answer for every juridiction.

Idaho Sheriff

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
Im an EMT as well as LE. I cannot even begin to count how lucky I am and how effective it has been for me to be an EMT on my PD. I answer all ems calls, start pt care, etc. By the time the squad gets there all they have to do is package and transport everything else is done. Lots of time I end up overseeing the squad because most are only first responders and those that are EMTs don't have a lot of experience due to a low volume of calls, where I've been one for 5 years with a squad that does around 500+ calls a year. oh and I go to our surrounding town for some of their more critical EMS calls as well to assist their PD prior to arrival of squad. They are very, very thankful for that everytime I do because most of the cops are very poorly trained in EMS and don't have a clue what to do, example is we had a call that came in is a fall victim possible stroke. Ended up being in Diabetic shock and because of my training i was able to recognize it, when the first to arrive officer didn't know what was going on. Blood sugar was 43, got her some orange juice and crackers with peanut butter, brought it up to 96. He himself said that if I wasn't working she woulda laid their waiting for the squad or Medics (squad never got in service in the 30min there and medics coming from 20+min away).

I'm a very big supporter of cross training LE in EMT/Paramedic. We are the first ones on scene and are there for sometimes 10+ min by ourselves. Time counts, why not do something with it.

VERY nice looking trucks, I love the look of stealth graphics on black SUVs. Great setup on them as well for lighting

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
So if the police are the paramedics, does that mean you have to try and save someone after you shoot them?

Seems counter productive.

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
WS224 said:
So if the police are the paramedics, does that mean you have to try and save someone after you shoot them?

You have to do that even if you're not a paramedic. What's your point?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.