2011 Taurus limited Whelen

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Definitely one of the better POVs out there! The only thing I'd change is the flash pattern on the inner edge (ie whole driver side alternating with whole passenger) b/c I'm not a fan of scan.

I'd love to see interior pics of your custom ion TA

hermanesfd

Mar 22, 2011
connecticut
Definitely one of the better POVs out there! The only thing I'd change is the flash pattern on the inner edge (ie whole driver side alternating with whole passenger) b/c I'm not a fan of scan.

I'd love to see interior pics of your custom ion TA
Thanks guys! The inner edge is hooked up to a momentary switch on the CenCom so I can change the flash pattern whenever I want. I most likely will be changing it to a new pattern soon. Just trying different ones out.

As for the TA I'll post some pictures. But it's quite simple, 6 ions set to steady burn screwed into the rear deck hooked to the TA.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
Only thing I would consider doing (if you have the time, money and inclination) is to switch out the Ion Sidekicks to Ion V2s and the rear deck to blue and amber Ion Duos.

Other than than that, it's perfect - as long as it does what you need it to do!

hermanesfd

Mar 22, 2011
connecticut
Only thing I would consider doing (if you have the time, money and inclination) is to switch out the Ion Sidekicks to Ion V2s and the rear deck to blue and amber Ion Duos.

Other than than that, it's perfect - as long as it does what you need it to do!
I was contemplating doing the ion V series in the sidekicks but already had the standard ions so i didn't want to spend the money on new ones. Down the road I may add them.   As for the duo ions, I like the way you think! Looked into it, but they were backordered and i didn't feel like waiting. I ran extra wire so if i get them it will be easy to switch. 

On another note i will be adding two Nano6 Pioneers to the inside of the trunk for rear scene lights when I'm on scene. I'll post a picture when I get it done

Reactions: Doug

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
On another note i will be adding two Nano6 Pioneers to the inside of the trunk for rear scene lights when I'm on scene. I'll post a picture when I get it done
Flood optics? I still think the Ion V2s (if the illumination LEDs are strong enough) would be good for alley/warning lights.

Nonetheless, don't misunderstand - great setup!

hermanesfd

Mar 22, 2011
connecticut
Flood optics? I still think the Ion V2s (if the illumination LEDs are strong enough) would be good for alley/warning lights.

Nonetheless, don't misunderstand - great setup!
I had it set up on my old car (Audi A6) as one spot on flood and it offered a good covering behind my car. Once i get them on ill decide what optics I use. As for the Ions V, they do offer decent ally lights but at this point its not something i NEED. Maybe down the road though.

Thanks for the compliments!

Reactions: Doug

WLTEMS

May 23, 2010
USA, Wilton, NH
Awesome looking car!  I have a 2013 limited ford taurus - I am curious how you like the Whelen interior lightbar? I have the Soundoff Pinnacle bar now but it's almost too large for the area and makes it hard to see out the windshield....Was looking at going to the Whelen bar.

Thanks,

Devin 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hermanesfd

hermanesfd

Mar 22, 2011
connecticut
Awesome looking car! I have a 2013 limited ford taurus - I am curious how you like the Whelen interior lightbar? I have the Soundoff Pinnacle bar now but it's almost too large for the area and makes it hard to see out the windshield....Was looking at going to the Whelen bar.

Thanks,

Devin
Hey Devin,

I absolutely love the Whelen inner edge. I have no problems with flash back and you barely notice it is there. Pm me and I'll send some interior pics over so you can see!

Reactions: WLTEMS

mpaine

Dec 20, 2011
USA
How did you get access to the engine compartment through the firewall? Also, how did you access the area behind the sidekicks?

Reactions: WLTEMS

hermanesfd

Mar 22, 2011
connecticut
How did you get access to the engine compartment through the firewall? Also, how did you access the area behind the sidekicks?
I had to drill a hole in the firewall to the left of the steering column. It was a big pain but there is no other way. For the sidekicks I took the entire front bumper off and was able to snake the wires through without a problem that way.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.