2012 Chevy 1500 POV

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Here is a install we completed for a officer to use on extra jobs, this is probably one of the best ones we have done here lately. All lights are Feniex lights they are also hidden for the most part when off.

2012 Chevy 1500 POV: http://youtu.be/l7NHmAAkzQU

uploadfromtaptalk1424203033109.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424203057556.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424203080441.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424203106898.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424203139049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: fire9508

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I don't really like the front. It needs something in the grille. The side needs a slower pattern and I'm not a fan of the split colors. The rear looks great though.

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I do like the rear tailgate lights (& would like to see more pics of it) but I'm not a fan of the use of LAWs as the primary front warning. Personally, i think a HLF and a pair of T6 would've been more effective, without losing the stealth/covert factor when off.

As for the sides, I think apollos would've looked better for off-axis (because how many times do we park a vehicle at a 90-degree angle where the TIRs would be putting out max visibility). I'm sure you just did what the customer wanted, but I def wish he elected to go with a few different pieces of equipment

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Ya I agree with the Apollos would have been better but they were too tall for where I was going to put them, and also I was worried about how they would do with the tint on them so I went with T6s since I knew the tint would hardly affect it. To me the LAW give the truck a bigger footprint of light than a set of grill lights would have, but to each there own I guess.

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
I agree that the front is a bit weak, but given what I've been able to understand about the sorts of off-duty work that Texas LEO's are doing (traffic control for highway construction), I think it makes sense to have your warning power concentrated toward the rear, and have the front be mostly corners and ID lighting.  But again, that's just my opinion based on my isolated understanding of the sort of work they're doing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.