2012 Chevy Caprice

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
Just finished up a very basic Chevy Caprice install. The trim around the seats and the doors came apart like a jigsaw puzzle. I got it done without any damage, just take your time. I think Chevy did a pretty good job overall. I did not put the Mic clips in yet because I am waiting on the PD to tell me where they want them.

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Just finished up a very basic Chevy Caprice install. The trim around the seats and the doors came apart like a jigsaw puzzle. I got it done without any damage, just take your time. I think Chevy did a pretty good job overall. I did not put the Mic clips in yet because I am waiting on the PD to tell me where they want them.

Yeah be careful with the trim. Can break very easily if not taken apart the correct way. Looks good!

Whats the big silver pull switch for on the blank panel in the console?

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
Hows the interior quality in those, looks a bit plasticy to me, but havent seen or been in one in person. Nice looking install. Not sure how I feel about the Caprice overall, but the front end has a nice authoritative look to it.

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
The big silver knob is a 75Amp master power switch. I usually got with a Charge guard, or even better EVModules :thumbsup: , timer in conjunction with a 75A Bosch relay to switch things. This switch was requested by the police department. The console and Computer stand is Havis, Barlight-Whelen all blue with TD and Alley, Whelen Vertex wht/clear LED in the clear back up light (there is an extra section apart from the OEM light) OEM wig wag and tail light flasher. In the console there is a Whelen 295HFS4 (due to only having 4" of depth in the console) Motorola XTL2500 remote mount.

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
Not really thrilled with this console. It didn't give a good route for all the wiring.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Jluke said:
Not really thrilled with this console. It didn't give a good route for all the wiring.

The console looks decent. Of course, I've never worked with that car & console. How were the wiring routed to it?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Got a video? Any lighting other than the Libby? What colors?

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
nerdly_dood said:
Got a video? Any lighting other than the Libby? What colors?

Whelen all blue with TD and Alley, Whelen Vertex wht/clear LED in the clear back up light (there is an extra section apart from the OEM light) OEM wig wag and tail light flasher

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
FireEMSPolice said:
Please post an equipment list

The console and Computer stand is Havis, Barlight-Whelen all blue with TD and Alley, Whelen Vertex wht/clear LED in the clear back up light (there is an extra section apart from the OEM light) OEM wig wag and tail light flasher. In the console there is a Whelen 295HFS4 (due to only having 4" of depth in the console) Motorola XTL2500 remote mount.

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
Fast LT1 said:
Where did you mount the siren speaker?
I just used a Universal Whelen speaker mount and attached it to the beam that runs across the front of the engine bay. Didn't really like it but it was the only option at the time. I would like to see if someone will come out with a vehicle specific speaker mount for it.

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
EVModules said:
The console looks decent. Of course, I've never worked with that car & console. How were the wiring routed to it?

There wasn't an opening under the console so I had to route it around the front and loom it. It runs under the cupholders and into the console. Not happy about that either.

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
ff168577 said:
The console and Computer stand is Havis, Barlight-Whelen all blue with TD and Alley, Whelen Vertex wht/clear LED in the clear back up light (there is an extra section apart from the OEM light) OEM wig wag and tail light flasher. In the console there is a Whelen 295HFS4 (due to only having 4" of depth in the console) Motorola XTL2500 remote mount.

Thanks for the assist :sleepy:

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
5309 said:
dose the computer get in the way of the drink holder?

The front one, yes but hey it's what the customer wanted and one holder is better than none.

SquadSmith

Jan 29, 2011
WI USA
Hey,

Looks nice. I'm just starting the first of 4 of these for a local dept. The first are always slow for me. Like to try plan things out.

I'm using the same console and laptop stand except I mounted the laptop stand in front on the console where you put the cupholders. This dept wanted the laptop out of the way on the passenger side as much as possible. Seems like nice stuff. Fairly solid.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
25CK117

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.