Sound Off Signal

2 Predator Dual grill lights

HAW Led's front and back

Intersector Led Mirror lights

Ghost rock lights in rear wheel well.

kc8qab

Oct 9, 2011
Ne Ohio
I love it looks great, but I think it needs just a bit more in the back besides the alternating tails. A traffic advisor or some kind of light stick in the back window would just set it off

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
mifirecop said:
Fire Chiefs 2012 Chevy Silverado 4x4.

Sound Off Signal

2 Predator Dual grill lights

HAW Led's front and back

Intersector Led Mirror lights

Ghost rock lights in rear wheel well.

Looks very nice. The only thing I question are the lights in the wheel wheels. In the winter they will pack up with snow & over time be beat up with road debris., I would have put them in the rear side windows.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
fire1 said:
Looks very nice. The only thing I question are the lights in the wheel wheels. In the winter they will pack up with snow & over time be beat up with road debris., I would have put them in the rear side windows.
+1. I stay away from putting lights anywhere near my tires, there's too much happening there for me to risk it. I would also add a SlimLighter or alternative to the visor area, just for higher coverage. The lights are a little too low for my taste. Still a gorgeous job, though!

mifirecop

Aug 29, 2010
West Michigan
Thanks everyone! I was not sold on the wheel well lights but the customer asked for them. They are however in a very heavy duty case. I'm sure it will be a chore keeping them clear in the winter.

Original plan was for a flasher on the brake/reverse lights but it was too much. I agree something else back there would help. Customer wanted to stay out of the passenger compartment so the options were limited.

The slope of the roof on the 2012 leaves little clearance for a headliner light. That would have been my 1st choice.

Thanks for the comments. Always nice to get feedback from others! Happy Holidays to everyone.

mifirecop

Emergency Services

Travelin Man

Jul 9, 2010
Central Virginia
Sorry for the old thread resurrection, but I found this while doing a search for Silverados.

I was shocked to see that someone had installed something so close to what I have in mind for my 2008 model. The question I had: are the LAW's used "true" LAW's or Vertexs? I love the light output that they give in the video, although I'm a little skeptical about their visibility during the day.

Thanks guys!

ohiomike08

Dec 30, 2011
Springfield, Ohio
Nice and clean looking...... except for the LED in the rear wheel well. I've seen a couple of these done, and I don't seen the purpose.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.