2012 ford f150 ...my new chiefs vehicle

ford-101

Mar 30, 2011
western ny
hi ever one my first time posting on here.. I bought my new trucks few weeks ago and I just got it all done did ever thing myself. I currently hold 1st asst. chief for my local vol. dept. I'm also very involved with any type off road rescue in our county south of buffalo NY. let me know what ya think

1. custom whelen freedom red led corners and white strobes in front / blue corners and take downs to the rear

2. tool box whelen traffic adviser and 4 Star warning thinline leds red/blue

3. star warning red/white split phantom visor light ... duel avenger on the dash

4. whelen/galls traffic alert siren and federal switch box the fire radios are mounted under center seat

5. grill is 2 Star warning thinline leds red/white

6. I custom made my own control box

Video that I have sucks makes the leds look like split fail ... trust me when I say there not . I can't stand that:bonk:

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
I would say get rid of the mini bar and you still have perfect amount of lighting. If not I would change on of those rear corners to a red to have a Red/Blue. Me personally I think there is to much blue to the rear.

ford-101

Mar 30, 2011
western ny
The video sucks doesn't show the lights like they are ... the grill lights are sync together with a slow to flash pattern. I might change the pattern

The truck started as a slick top problem was not alot of warning to the side of the truck. I wanted to put some LEDs on the step mounts under the doors. would

look clean and would have been good warning to the side... now the reason why I didn't with the steps is the salt in the winter time . I work for a local hwy dept. plowing snow. Anything put on the steps would have been junk in 2yrs. we have tryed it no matter what you do just would not last. so I thought about under the

mirrors by the time I did it the right way it was cheaper to build a mini bar.. I agree with alot of blue to the rear, I plan on changing it to red

The plan was to try and keep it clean not a overkill but well scene 360 also I did not drill one hole in the hole truck itself very simple install. Thanks for ever ones input

May 20, 2010
Mission, Texas RGV
Also you can get you cup holders, access to your lower storage and seating capacity back if you install a cencom gold or similar siren controller in the bottom compartment of the trim I worked really good for me and It looks factory.

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_IMG_8926.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_IMG_8930.jpg

Also you can mount the main control head in the back of the rear seat very easy to remove once you do it once.

Mobile radio was removed when this picture was taken.

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_IMG_1569.jpg

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Great set up (and nice truck !)

A bit overkill in the second tier ... dash + headliner (especially given the fact there is a lightbar as well) overlap. It's either/or (if it were my truck of course... ;) )

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Luismariadarlene said:
Also you can get you cup holders, access to your lower storage and seating capacity back if you install a cencom gold or similar siren controller in the bottom compartment of the trim I worked really good for me and It looks factory.

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_IMG_8926.jpg

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_IMG_8930.jpg

Also you can mount the main control head in the back of the rear seat very easy to remove once you do it once.

Mobile radio was removed when this picture was taken.

ai257.photobucket.com_albums_hh214_luismariadarlene_IMG_1569.jpg

shit man that's slick

Dave

May 21, 2010
bath ny
IMO too much white to the front. other wise it looks nice. :thumbsup:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
nice job and custom console. i think that 1 quick, inexpensive add-on that this install screams for is a HLF

also, i personally would've had an all red mini freedom (i personally don't like having split colors from the side view of the lightbar + you have plenty of blue to the rear already, IMO)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.