2012 GSP Charger

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Please don't think all of our state patrol cars are that gaudy. That is the paint scheme of all cars prior to 2011, all the new ones are solid color with orange lettering. They stopped paint them two tone due to budget cuts. This car is the only new style with the classic paint and is for the 75th anniversary of the agency, but doesn't patrol. They basically went to their shop and said "Put one on it."

"One of what?"

"One of everything."

The normal cars have the light bar, fog light inserts, HLF/TLF, and rear deck light. Slick tops have the same (minus the bar) plus lights on the LP, rear side windows, side of PB, grill, inner bar, and steady burn dash light. Per state law, they could only have two slick tops per post, but I think they may have been changed recently (it used to also say the cars had to have the classic paint, unless they were slick top).

Oh, and the few CVPI's they got after going with solid paint have grill lights instead of fogs.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Personally, I prefer the way the old cars were set up more, though I like the Code 3 products. Old cars had a full liberty, 8 head dominator on the rear deck, HLF/TLF, LP lights, two 2 head dominators in the grill and two LIN3's angled on the PB for intersection warning. It was controlled by a Whelen slide switch controller and they used an old Motorola siren that sounded really good, but wasn't very loud. The new cars have the all in one Mastercom with crappy tones.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
That is just a flashing mess! Aside from the sync & flash pattern fails, wtf is the point of having a visor light on a marked vehicle with an interior & exterior lightbar (and what's the point of having both, esp when the windshield on a charger is already limited space)? Get rid of the visor light, interior lightbar, and all those rear LAWs; and change the flash patterns on everything, and you'll have a solid setup...having all that unnecessary, extra crap looks tacky, and the way they configured them makes it look worse, IMO

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I love how there is a visor light along with 2 dash lights up top and a "State Patrol" light on the dash.....

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
I may be mistaking but I have seen that paint scheme before on newer chargers. For the most part though they are typically solid dark grey, or black. The lighting is very modest, well laid out, and effect. This car is obviously for the kiddies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.