2012 Impala speaker locations?

patrol530

May 23, 2010
Central Florida
Looking for room to mount a 2nd. speaker , no PB, anyone got any tricks?. The 1st. is mounted in the usual spot, smothered by the closed face bumper.

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
jcpse said:
have you considered a factory mounting bracket?

All of the manufacturers put their speaker brackets under the drivers side headlight. I remember an article that showed how one installer actually used a router to cut the bumper cover to let the sound out.

ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k436_mi2kga_2012_20Chevrolet_20Impalla_20WCSD_IMG_0816.jpg

I can only find this pic of the first one I worked on. The holes were hard to like up but I ended up making a template after this. Take your time. It makes a difference according to our db meter.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
patrol530 said:
Looking for room to mount a 2nd. speaker , no PB, anyone got any tricks?. The 1st. is mounted in the usual spot, smothered by the closed face bumper.

Save yourself a lot of time and hassle, and just mount the speaker on the roof! It worked in blues brothers.

Unfortunately, I can't tell u of a place to mount them other than an obscured, behind-the-bumper location, because that's the only place where I've seen them mounted, but I do love the auto detailer solution a lot! (And it kinda looks like a .50-cal barrel or something is waiting to pop out)

Firetrux

Mar 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
My 2012 Impala speaker (FS Dynamax) is in the bumper on the driver's side right behind the open vents (no fog lights). Great sound - no issues. I would think a second one could go opposite side, same location.

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
Firetrux said:
My 2012 Impala speaker (FS Dynamax) is in the bumper on the driver's side right behind the open vents (no fog lights). Great sound - no issues. I would think a second one could go opposite side, same location.

the problem is that the bumper cover is different on the 12's and there isn't the vents. The other side has no room on the other side

Firetrux

Mar 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Respondcode3 said:
the problem is that the bumper cover is different on the 12's and there isn't the vents. The other side has no room on the other side
What model do you have? LTX?

My 2012 LT has plenty of room both sides outbound of the frame rails. I do have long, wide vents in the lower fascia, but have no fog lights. Our 2011 LT has plastic covers there, has that same siren speaker set up as mine, and no adverse affects ever noted.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.