2012 Ram 1500 Havis Console

SIFD7101

Feb 2, 2011
USA, Missouri
Alright, I've been scratching my head too long, I think it's starting to bleed! I apologize in advance if I've overlooked a similar thread. I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Sport, I've ordered a vehicle specific console from Havis and am now trying to figure out how I want to go about doing my wiring. There's always the option of the large mass of wires running from the engine compartment for each piece of equipment, but I wanted to see if anyone had some input on a fuse block or some sort of central power in the console. As far as equipment, I have a BR-960 six switch panel, Motorola Radius M1225 and a Carson SC-1022 siren, Code 3 RX2700 lightbar, and a 12v air compressor. I planned on hooking the radio and switchbox directly to the battery and running the air compressor from the switchbox. That leaves me two 12v accessory plugs, the siren and the main power wire from the lightbar.. I'm open to all suggestions, I'm sure someone can come up with a better idea of what to do and what I might need for the project. Thanks!!

Jake Duda

May 19, 2013
Columbia, SC
IMG_1123.jpg

This is what I use. Bosch 8 position with ground block. I feed a main power in from engine compartment and a ground from usually one of the kickpanels. This will feed my console equipment. Sorry about the poor photo, it was before I cleaned the console out, and was in a retrofit. I have others, but I'll need to track them down if you'd like some more reference shots. Radios I will normally pull both dedicated power and ground from the engine compartment as well, to isolate.

This is the way I do it, and I am sure others on here also have their methods as well. Just trying to provide ideas you can build on. Good luck with your build

-Jake

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.