2012 Silverado Code 3 and Feniex Build

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Made a bit of progress this weekend. All of the equipment is secured to the board under the rear seat
myc8WwP.jpg

Power to the 4200
IMv86PH.jpg

And the Dual Avenger mounted, and wires ran to the rear
D5YWKH4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bvfa23 and Tony P

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Made a bit more progress this weekend.
Bar side of excalibur is fully wired in. Now for the relays...
3tUtdKe.jpg

Relay board
Af2EKZm.jpg

New wiring diagram
PjvhtDZ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bvfa23

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
got bored last night, so i finished the relay board and harness
Kzr7LkU.jpg

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
I am trying do understand everything you have on your control board. I want to improve my wiring techniques as well as my apearences but I don’t know why you have all those things. I know how to wire a relay and the purpose of fuses. I’m just curious for some more information on each component. I’m not great with working diagrams but i did take a look.

Reactions: rcfd34

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Main power is broken up into 9 circuits.
4 to individual relays, 1 to Whelen Howler Siren, 1 to Storm Pro 200w Siren, 1 to the 4200DL "Brain", 1 circuit dedicated to 4200DL Activation and backlighting, and 1 circuit to a LED Flasher.

The screw terminals are just to assist in cable management, allow for easier circuit tracing, and allow me to build in stages, without tearing wire bundles apart.

rcfd34

Oct 24, 2011
Illinois
Yours looks way better then mine. I some what know what I'm doing but still can't make mine look like that lol

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
So it looks like the load side of all 4 relays go to the terminal block and the control side is done via the 4200? Relay 1 for terminal 1 &2. Relay 2 for terminal 3. Relay 3 for terminal 4 and relay 4 is 5-8 on the terminal block. Terminals 9-12 are directly controlled from the controller. I understand now because I’m sure the Lightbar uses a lot more power then the perimeter lighting and need for the relays makes sense now.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
So it looks like the load side of all 4 relays go to the terminal block and the control side is done via the 4200? Relay 1 for terminal 1 &2. Relay 2 for terminal 3. Relay 3 for terminal 4 and relay 4 is 5-8 on the terminal block. Terminals 9-12 are directly controlled from the controller. I understand now because I’m sure the Lightbar uses a lot more power then the perimeter lighting and need for the relays makes sense now.
exactly. The outputs on the 4200 are only capable of handling 10a, and with each rotator in the Excalibur drawing approximately 3.5a, it is safer to run it through a relay. The Takedown circuit, contains a Strobes n More tru-dual 7200, which draws 9a on its own in flood mode. Plus the MR11 takedowns in the bar, LR11 takedowns in the Avenger, F6 flood mode, and Cannon flood mode. It figures out to approximately 14a.

Yours looks way better then mine. I some what know what I'm doing but still can't make mine look like that lol
makes it easier to trace circuits, and fix stuff. Also makes it easier to send the 4200 back to Feniex for a 3rd round, like I just got word I have to do.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Its been a hot min since I last updated. Everything installed, aside from the Rumbler and the storm pro, has power, and is active.
Picture's at crappy angle, but i'll update more in a few days.
iPBKqBx.jpg

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
gotta send my truck back to the Dealership. -_-

Symptoms are:
No Left Turn Signal, Front or Back
no Left side Hazard, Front of back
No Left brake light
Fast Flash sound in cab
Fast Flash arrow on cluster

Replaced Fuse - No Change
Changed Bulbs - No Change
Removed Battery Cables for 10 min to reset BCM - No Change
Sacrificed a small Animal - No Change

Sounds like a Failing BCM or Trailer Brake controller. -_-
Thank god for warranties.

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead

Symptoms are:
No Left brake light
Fast Flash sound in cab

Willing to bet they'll point the finger at your "add-on's"

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
do you have anything connected to the OBD2 port or can system? Seems like some of the issues we have seen with Speed Turtle and other systems we have connected to Chevy's OBD system

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
nope. the only aftermarket items tied into the Vehicle electrical system are a (Battery, of course) Trailer Brake controller, and a fuse tap under the hood, to provide ignition power to the solenoid that powers everything

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
sounds like a bcm issue then for sure. I know one of our clients has a bunch of colorados that had bcm issues like that.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Yea, I ran all of the GM non-computer diagnostics myself, before I even called the dealership. Cuts down on all the bullshit time at the dealership

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
So, I was able to snag both a Fusion 400, and 600 from Feniex's Tradeshow booth partout. both sticks, including shipping, for $254...
SO the 400, in R/W/W/R is going to go behind the Grille of the truck, and the 600 R/A/A/A/A/B...im undecided. I may use it on the Yukon instead....all depends on what Bar the fire district buys for me...

Reactions: #1texan and Bvfa23

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky

Symptoms are:
No Left brake light
Fast Flash sound in cab

I had mine back at the dealership today. Took it in for no front drivers side parking lights. No biggie but since it’s under warranty I took it in.

Left it there for 3-4 hours for them to call me and say it’s fixed.

Went up there and they said it was the bulbs. Apparently they were bad. I asked if they were bad, why did the left turn signals work and why did they flash when I locked/unlocked the vehicle.

Still said it was bad bulbs. But the sales department covered it since I hadn’t had it a month yet. Not complaining there.

Hope you get yours figured out quick.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
I had mine back at the dealership today. Took it in for no front drivers side parking lights. No biggie but since it’s under warranty I took it in.

Left it there for 3-4 hours for them to call me and say it’s fixed.

Went up there and they said it was the bulbs. Apparently they were bad. I asked if they were bad, why did the left turn signals work and why did they flash when I locked/unlocked the vehicle.

Still said it was bad bulbs. But the sales department covered it since I hadn’t had it a month yet. Not complaining there.

Hope you get yours figured out quick.

Oh yea. I'm all squared away. Had a bad circuit in my tow mirror.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Finally, @Bvfa23 and i had an opportunity to get together an get more done.

New Headlights, Bumper Corners, and Intersection lights (Feniex F12 R/W)
DeHq2Zl.jpg

F12's
EA9fYLL.jpg

Feniex Fusion 400 (R/W/R/W) Yes. It's crooked. I have to tweak it a little bit. I gave up at that point.
83nqijh.jpg

Under-hood junction box.
wSPzzgN.jpg

Also(Finally) hooked up the siren. I'm pretty disappointed how quiet the Ecto tone is, but I love the slow Powercall. I will post a video, once I figure out which tones I want to use.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
the ecto "Tone" is more of an audio file...

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Yea, I realize that, but I figured it would be louder. just me being picky. lol

Reactions: Tony P

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Bit more progress...Making that slow transition into full red. Only 14 days until I find out if I am unopposed, 39 Days until Election, 69 Days until January 1...I need to get on my horse and do some installs so I can buy the rest of my equipment!

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
well...its official...I won...My appointment at 10-75 Emergency lighting falls on Friday December 28...I have a whole lot of work to do in the next 24 days...

-Obtain Backrack
-Remove Excalibur
-Install Howler speakers
-Install Cannon 360s in reverse lights
-Sink Fusion 40 SM into backrack frame
-Mount Backrack
-Mount Fusion 40SM to Backrack Brackets
-Remove 4200DL
-Remove Storm Pro 200w
-Remove Arrowstik control

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Finally got some work done last night!

Obtain Backrack? Check
fg62Uma.jpg

Fusions in recess mount in backrack? Check:
IGpwsTb.jpg

(@Bvfa23 's Handiwork)

Cannon 360's in reverse lights? Check.

More work to come to prep for my 10-75 appointment
- Obtain Backrack Tonneau cover spacers
-Mount Backrack
-Mount Fusion 40SM to Backrack Brackets
-Wire Backrack
-run wire to interior from junction box on bed support
-Remove Excalibur
-Remove 4200DL
-Remove Storm Pro 200w
- Trace and tag all lighthead wires

10-75 Appointment
- Install Soundoff Controller/Siren
- Install SoundOff Pinnacle 47" Lightbar
- Install Whelen Howler Speakers and Amplifier

Last edited:

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Backrack wired? Check
VWTfwmb.jpg

Obtain Backrack Tonneau Spacers? Check
Mount Backrack? Check
I1MBAnG.jpg

Mount Fusion SM40's to backrack brackets? Check
Wire everything in? Check

just need to remove my controller, siren and bar Thursday night...

Last edited:

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Well...She's in the Shop at 10-75... Going in/on:

- Whelen Howler 200w
- SoundOff Signal nERGY 400 series 100w console Siren
- SoundOff Signal Pinnacle 47" with Dual color Traffic Advisor

god...this lightbar is hideous...
Pw68PG0.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Why’d you bring it to 10-75 to do the siren and lightbar? They do great work, but it seems like you did most of the work already lol

Great 360 coverage, but I think the Apollo F12’s look pretty ugly as surface mounts on the sides of the bumper since they stick out so much (something slimmer like mini T ions or mpowers would give you a slim lighthead with good intersection coverage).

Also, do you have the ability to move the 400 to the upper grill? I think it’d be more effective there

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
@pdk9

Homeboys Fire District pays for their equipment to be installed - and will not let him install it himself.

Agreed the apollos stick out a bit but it doesn't look too bad in person

Unfortunately the 400 won't fit in the upper grill due to it's girthyness LOL

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Why’d you bring it to 10-75 to do the siren and lightbar? They do great work, but it seems like you did most of the work already lol

Great 360 coverage, but I think the Apollo F12’s look pretty ugly as surface mounts on the sides of the bumper since they stick out so much (something slimmer like mini T ions or mpowers would give you a slim lighthead with good intersection coverage).

Also, do you have the ability to move the 400 to the upper grill? I think it’d be more effective there
Believe me, I would like nothing more than to have just swapped Lightbar domes and Modules to red, and called it a day. Because of their refusal to allow me to use my equipment, or purchase equipment that would allow a smooth transition, it cost them 2 hours of additional Labor and Shop time for the Shop manager, and an Installer.

The F12's dont look terrible in person. However, I do wish they were the thickness of a T3. I wanted Dual color, without breaking the bank...and I think I paid $10/Module. lol Could be a potential upgrade in the future. As for the 400, Cant put it in the top section without cutting out large sections of the support structure

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Quick Walk Around video...Will add another once @Bvfa23 and I have a chance to get together and get the drone out... o_O

And a couple shots of the Interior Setup:
Wc3aTcy.jpg

Ypk3wAe.jpg

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Got my first few runs in yesterday, and last night with the new Siren and Bar. 3 EMS and 1 Oven Fire. A few observations:

- Howler overpowers and drowns out Siren
- Fusion 400 stick needs to be swapped for a dual color. Good thing I just bought one.
- I hate the pattern on the back of the bar. Gonna have to go back to 10-75 to mess with the patterns, since I have the breakout box that is not RJ45 programmable. :rolleyes:
- Need a slower pattern on the rear facing Backrack and cannons

Last edited:
Reactions: tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.