2012 Tahoe PPV - dark green w/black trim. Think it will be a US Forest Ranger?

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I saw this today at Kerr Industries in Arlington Texas who installs the factory police equipment on the Tahoe PPV & SSV among other items for the factory and found the colour setup different and interesting. The black bumpers, tailgate trim and wing looked good and was wondering if this is for the US Forest Ranger? I thought I saw some green forestry SSV Tahoes posted here in the resent past, but I cannot find the post. I wish I had my camera ready to take better pictures, but this is the best I have. I found a Tahoe on Flickr that looks the same, but the green is much lighter. So maybe they changed it to a darker green for the new model year 2012. Anyways I though this was pretty nice looking with the black trim and make the tinted windows fit better being black like that. I guess you can order it with at least the wing and rear side pillars in black as I also saw other Tahoes like this there.

aimages108.fotki.com_v360_photos_1_14219_36203_4e9f05c2_vi.jpg

This is the Tahoe I found on Flickr, linked.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40839801@N06/4203243371/US

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
HPD84 said:
Looks like Vermont State Police or who knows!? They have been going alot to Chevy impala and Tahoe over the years.

Vermont State Police | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

That is probably it, the green is the same and even though the picture is really dark the bumper looks black. I do not see the black trim, but I think that may be new for 2012 as I have never seen that before.

rongstad said:
Texas Game Warden ......????...

It can be going anywhere in the USA as this is Kerr Industries the intermediate GM factory install shop for the police equipment. They come from the GM factory about 4 miles away to get the equipment installed and when done back to the factory to be shipped to the dealer. They also seem to add some type of equipment to the Escalate and Silverado pickups. Have not seen any Caprices there, they are probably done in their Canadian facility.

Kerr Industries Limited

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
K9Vic said:
Have not seen any Caprices there, they are probably done in their Canadian facility.
Kerr Industries Limited

I think they have a California facility close to where they receive the cars. Maybe the port of LA?

Maybe my tahoe was in that bunch!

ac316scu

Nov 18, 2010
Westchester NY
K9Vic said:
It can be going anywhere in the USA as this is Kerr Industries the intermediate GM factory install shop for the police equipment. They come from the GM factory about 4 miles away to get the equipment installed and when done back to the factory to be shipped to the dealer. They also seem to add some type of equipment to the Escalate and Silverado pickups. Have not seen any Caprices there, they are probably done in their Canadian facility.

Kerr Industries Limited

Seems a little crazy for them to take the time to load up the trailer with the cars drive it 4 miles then unload the truck, wouldnt it be easier to throw a manufacturer plate on it and drive it the 4 miles down the road? Pretty cool though thanks for the info.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
ac316scu said:
Seems a little crazy for them to take the time to load up the trailer with the cars drive it 4 miles then unload the truck, wouldnt it be easier to throw a manufacturer plate on it and drive it the 4 miles down the road? Pretty cool though thanks for the info.

The plant does not have that many mfg plates. It does seem silly to go from plant-Kerr-then to the shipping yard via truck, but they can put a bunch on each truck and only get charges a flat rate, not per car. It is cheaper than having shuttle vehicles and 12 drivers. of course that s also why a spot light install is $400.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I dont think Michigan DNR would order a 2 wheel drive tahoe... It is most likely Vermont, especially because it has the black front and rear bumpers.

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
lafd55 said:
I dont think Michigan DNR would order a 2 wheel drive tahoe... It is most likely Vermont, especially because it has the black front and rear bumpers.

Oh I'm certain MI DNR did not order one. Just threw up some pictures showing there are a few of the green beasts around. :)

NHFD104

May 25, 2010
Raleigh, NC
If you google the phone number on the back glass (1-888-DFG-CALTIP) it comes back to the California Department of Fish and Game. This also fits with the "Game Warden" on the door and the California license plate.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.