2013 Chevy Caprice - City of Fairfield Police Department

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
TritonBoulder47 said:
Is it just me, or does that push bumper look HUGE on that car...? lol

Solid install...

Thats the first thing I noticed. It almost blocks the high beams. Did anyone notice the radar antennas on the roof front and rear of lightbar?

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Rear looks nice, but there needs to be some intersection warning.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
That's the first thing I noticed is that the pushbumper is way too big for the car. I like the graphics aside from the chevrons on the rear. Not a fan of the Code3 equipment, especially the Fisher Price controller. Also the HLF is flashing too fast.

arsenal10

Jun 9, 2010
California
twodogs603 said:
Thats the first thing I noticed. It almost blocks the high beams. Did anyone notice the radar antennas on the roof front and rear of lightbar?

Could fit a 600 series lighthead on the side of that push bumper. Ive seen departments mount antennas externally before, almost all in CT do it, to reduce radar frequency on the officer.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice, simple graphics package, and I appreciate them incorporating some chevrons in the rear design (I think more LE agencies should use them; there's a reason why NFPA & agencies like Florida Highway Patrol support their use).

I like how they didn't waste their limited lighting budget on LAWs (I prefer the rear deck light over LAWs, esp when a basic TLF can be used), but the newer caprices are so damn long that I think they should always have intersection lights on the side of the PB. Something mounted above/behind the rear wheel area would be nice too, but intersection lights at the very front are a must

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
One almost needs light heads on the side of that push bumper, simply because it's half a car length long on it's own.

It would benefit from some forward lights on the push bumper as well. Otherwise, a very clean set up. The rear is very well done!

But that push bumper, what are they worried about hitting? Bigfoot?

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
That is a WONDERFULLY equipped vehicle. yes the front push bumper is too big, but I disagree with people saying it needs grill lights. Between the HLF and the overhead lightbar and with how down low the Caprice sits, you already have awesome coverage to the front and are just wasting money throwing extra lights on there. And I don't know about the rest of you but to me that light bar provides plenty of side emergency lighting. You people just like to see more little twinkle lights that make the thing look stupid and serve no useful purpose.

J

jrw14493

Sooooo....ummmm...where does the radio/radio head go with no console box?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.