2013 Dodge 1500- North Coventry Police K-9

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
I love the graphics and the roll up rear tonnau cover with equipment box. The vehicle needs some surface mounted m4's in place of the fender mounted laws. It also needs solid lights and more front/rear warning...

BTW WTH are the lights twinkling under the tailgate>?

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
No offense, but the lighting on that thing SUCKS. There is not one good thing about that trucks lighting that I like. What with those stupid little LEDs under the tailgate!?

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Why the stealth graphics if you are gonna surface mount? This thing needs a light stick and a interior bar (front)!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i love the vehicle choice and seeing the "ram boxes" for the 1st time in a while.

stealth graphics are nice too, but the lighting package sucks...split fail and too many small lights...grill and rear liftgate needs some M6's and the sides need M4's (all solid color). I would've liked to have seen an exterior lightbar, but I wouldn't be complaining if they got had better perimeter warning

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
If they wanted the lo-pro, they should have got a pair of PAR 36 Pedestal mounted on the grille guard. It would have made it look like off road lights, intill turned on.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Those lights under the tailgate are Sylvania LED christmas lights.

Only a matter of time until this truck gets creamed.

64shrek

Apr 21, 2011
Canada
Nice truck but I agree it needs more, I currently drive a Ram and my personal vehicle has more on it then that truck.... the twinkle little led light need to go....

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I hope the officer that gets that unit atleast sees the disaster that it is and buys a dashlight and a throw light to throw on the roof so he can respond to damn calls.

rettoded

Aug 12, 2011
Berks County,PA
Looking at the video again, I believe there is some sort of light, poss an Inner Edge on the passenger side. From the beginning of the video until right around 5 seconds, there is a light flashing in the passenger side visor area. Around the 1:39 mark, near the rear-view mirror, red and blue lights flashing. On second look it might be a SlimLighter due to the spacing of the red and blue. The glare from the sun really washes out the windshield making it difficult to see.

I was surprised by the use of small lights due to the fact that North Coventry covers a couple of miles of Rt422, which can get pretty busy at times. Seeing the post about the K-9, and thinking it as the coolest chew toys ever, makes sense though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.