2013 F150

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
You could do the 4 T3s. I think it would be better with T6s or something with a bigger footprint. I just put in 4 T6s (2 stacked left/2 right) on my rig and they are brighter than my Freedom bar, lol.

If you want a no drill solution then pickup some aluminum flat bar (1.25 inch wide) cut to the length of a T3 flange (maybe an inch longer), drill holes, and paint it black (I use rustoleam bedliner). Pickup some #8 bolts (I'm guessing 2 to 2.5 inch) and some nylock nuts to go with. Put the light on the front of the grille then use the flat bar brackets as a rear plate making a grille sandwich between the T3 and the plate (or you could do 2 plates per head, so T3/plate/grille/plate/nuts). Pressure holds the light in place. Just remember to not go too tight or you could crack the grille plastic. I've done the above on several installs where "no drill" was requested and it works great. Easy to take out and put on another vehicle as well.

As for patterns, with heads that small it would be more effective to go with left side/right side alt flash than an X. If you had bigger heads then X would work.

Reactions: Hoff and Retired1

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
How would they be wasted??

The Wide-Lux use the Apollo lenses...having them behind the grille defeats the purpose of the lenses, i.e. giving you 180-degree light spread. The T3/T6 heads with their 70-degree forward throw would work much better behind the grille.

Now if you mounted the Wide-Lux IN FRONT of the grille, that's a whole 'nother story.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I would go with a pair of whelen M7 (or widelux 7x3 if u wanted Feniex) mounted in front of the grill next to the ford logo. I prefer 2 larger blocks of light than 4 smaller footprints, and mounting in front of the grill gives you great off-axis warning without having anything in front of it obstructing the output (as is the case when mounting behind the grill).
(plus, mounting in front of the grill is a piece of cake...get 2 small pieces of aluminum to put behind the grill, get 4 long screws, some washers, & call it a day)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.