2013 FedSig Police & Fire catalogs now online

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
It popped up today.....

Pages 33 and 36 are the interesting ones. Addition of a dual/tri-colour Viper S2 single and dual, and a lower cost version of the Viper S2 (single colour). Also the new Spectralux ILS' are in there.

Other than that, basically just some additional brackets and stuff.

http://www.fedsig.com/files/2013_FS_Police_Catalog.pdf

Edit: here is the fire catalogue; http://www.fedsig.com/files/2013_FS_Fire_Catalog.pdf

Ooh, and a new "swag" store! Welcome to The Federal Signal Webstore

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
Darn it, no pics of the SpectraLux Viper S2. Do you know if these will be fitted into the existing Viper S2 housings or will this essentially be a dual-head version of the CN SignalMaster? I'm hoping for the latter. I also noticed there isn't a red/amber or blue/amber dual-color combination available. Perhaps that'll be released down the road.

Based on their absence, I'm also guessing 2012 is the swan song for both the Arjent S2 and the JetSolaris? I can understand the departure of both, as the newer offerings are vastly superior; however, I'm curious to see if the Jet returns with SLR technology. Or perhaps another linear bar with the SLR available. FedSig's got to offer the SLR technology in something a bit more economical!

Here's hoping to a fantastic 2013 for them!

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Kevin K. said:
Darn it, no pics of the SpectraLux Viper S2. Do you know if these will be fitted into the existing Viper S2 housings or will this essentially be a dual-head version of the CN SignalMaster? I'm hoping for the latter. I also noticed there isn't a red/amber or blue/amber dual-color combination available. Perhaps that'll be released down the road.

Based on their absence, I'm also guessing 2012 is the swan song for both the Arjent S2 and the JetSolaris? I can understand the departure of both, as the newer offerings are vastly superior; however, I'm curious to see if the Jet returns with SLR technology. Or perhaps another linear bar with the SLR available. FedSig's got to offer the SLR technology in something a bit more economical!

I don't know about the Viper S2 Spectralux version. I would assume it'll be in the same housing style as the current Viper S2, but I'm not sure. Keep in mind that this is the police catalogue and the fire one will be along in a couple days, so there may be more info in that one. FS tells me it'll be online later today, so keep an eye on the webpage; Fire - Industry Solutions | Federal Signal . This is the first year in my memory that FS has published separate Police and Fire catalogues.

My personal feeling is that the Arjent will be disappearing soon, but that's just my speculation based on the success of the Valor and Legend. I wasn't sure how the Valor was going to sell given its higher price, but it's been an absolute home-run for FedSig. Between the Valor and Legend (and now LPX), they've had their best year in many years. The Arjent and Valor share the same tier in the lineup, so I could see the Arjent going away soon (just my speculation, no evidence from FS to support that). The Jetsolaris (JLX) is still widely available - we sell quite a number of them to Fire services and they're fantastic bars at an excellent price. They may not be the sexiest bars on the planet, but they're reliable, very bright, simple, and they look good.

FedSig is, in general, moving towards Spectralux technology in everything. It's been very popular over the last year, and I personally like the higher-tier Spectralux products mixed with the LPX (Lower Price Legend) and now the Viper S2 LC, gives us the room to get a good light for great price when required. It's a good mix so I'm really encouraged about FedSig's 2013 lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.