2013 Ford Police Interceptor Sedan PTW/Halo problem

sgzwach

Dec 9, 2012
Minnesota
My local PD purchased a PI about a year ago and just the other day they noticed that when the car is parked with only the parking lights on there's a pulse from the clear warning leds within the turn signal housing about every 5 seconds. Hardly noticeable. At the time they showed me I didn't take a video (I know, shame on me) Anybody out there dealt with this before or have any idea what might be up?

ford.png

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
Not surprised as whacky as the wiring is in those cars. Ford did not do us installers any favors.

Off hand I can think of what would cause that.

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
What i've noticed is that the area where that flasher for that Halo option is gets super hot.

I had a Solid State flasher on my utility just below that PS headlight and it stopped working till it cooled off.

I'll bet this is what has happened and the flasher is toast. it should be taken to the dealer to get fixed

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.