2013 GMC Sierra FD upfit

ncfd4303

May 20, 2010
Corning, NY
2013 GMC Sierra

Lightbar- Whelen 48" Freedom LC (Red/Clear/Amber)

Grill/Fender- Axixtech Axixtech XL6B (Red)

Tail lights- Strobes N More E91 Hide a way (Blue)

Console- Troy Widebody Universal 20"

Siren/light controller- Whelen 295SLSA6

Radios- Moto Maxtrac VHF Low, VHF High and UHF

***Striping and chevrons not yet installed***

ai1345.photobucket.com_albums_p676_Adam_Nehring_th_VID_20130521_201125_022_zpscb525f1c.jpg

A huge thank you to Andrew (code60a here on ELB) for giving us an awesome price and customer service for the Troy Console!

gmc console 1.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
nice truck, but i would've preferred solid flash for the intersections and larger lightheads for the grill

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Very nice job. Could almost pass for my truck if it had the long bed and SLT trim package (top of the line, Leather, center console, blah blah blah) I like it!

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looks great. Nice and simple yet effective. Needs a HLF and the intersection lights need to be changed to a solid pattern.

ncfd4303

May 20, 2010
Corning, NY
Thanks for the feedback guys. I will probably be changing the pattern on the intersections and yes it is wired for a headlight flasher, just haven't purchased one yet. and for the inquiring minds the radio id is M-43. It's used as a grocery getter/fire police/transportation for classes and it hauls our command post/rehab/atv trailer around

Ren12

Jun 13, 2012
SE Pennsylvania
cajunblitz said:
Love the Freedom on the roof.

Let me first say that I love the freedom on the roof especially that its colored & not clear. I'm a little partial to bigger lightheads in the grill & on the sides for a bigger footprint. The ones on there now are just too small and just don't really cut it for this vehicle, especially in that the side LED's are set to a split pattern which cuts down their effectiveness even more. As others have noted, a HLF would go a long way as well as some intersectors under the mirrors. This is one good looking "Misc" truck or whatever it's called. I like it a lot!

Firetrux

Mar 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
ncfd4303 said:
For the inquiring minds the radio id is M-43. It's used as a grocery getter/fire police/transportation for classes and it hauls our command post/rehab/atv trailer around

In our county we call those "utility" units. They felt the identifier U43 wouldn't get mixed up on the board like M43 might as a Medic unit. There was a long drawn out conversation about how to identify them so that they actually appeared to be of "real community value" to those with scanners...

"Utility 43 in route to the morgue" :D

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i love the colored lenses on the freedom. I like fire apparatus to have all red lighting, with just a hint of blue to the rear. i bet that little 'pop' of blue really stands out. i love it! m7s instead of LINz6s would make it perfect.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
I wish most fire departments were allowed to use blue as well. It is a very visible color at times when red is too blinding or null. (Night time) And when it comes to the general public's opinion on what light color emergency vehicles use, they could care less.

ncfd4303

May 20, 2010
Corning, NY
the video really isn't doing the smaller lightheads any justice. they look good in person. and of course the powercall tone is programmed in there! I have it set to the unitrol wail, yelp and then the powercall...really turns heads!

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
I know, I know. The stupid band splitting/narrowing thing is a result of cell phone carriers needing more bands and space to keep up with demand and growth.

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
RyanZ71 said:
I know, I know. The stupid band splitting/narrowing thing is a result of cell phone carriers needing more bands and space to keep up with demand and growth.

you have no clue what your talking about. also,the fcc swings mean stick too.

i do like the install alot

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
RyanZ71 said:
Cellular had little or nothing to do with the NB mandate. They walked away from VHF High and UHF a long, long time ago.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
ncfd4303 said:
the video really isn't doing the smaller lightheads any justice. they look good in person. and of course the powercall tone is programmed in there! I have it set to the unitrol wail, yelp and then the powercall...really turns heads!

You sir are my hero :hail:

Black Hoe

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Be very careful with the non-compliant narrow band radios. Here on Long Island and in the downstate area, the FCC is strongly enforcing the new rules and regulations. Your fire district had plenty of time to budget for the new compliant radios.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Black Hoe said:
Be very careful with the non-compliant narrow band radios. Here on Long Island and in the downstate area, the FCC is strongly enforcing the new rules and regulations. Your fire district had plenty of time to budget for the new compliant radios.

Well it's nice to see that the FCC is doing something with taxpayer money for once, I never thought that they would enforce anything anymore.

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
RyanZ71 said:
Well it's nice to see that the FCC is doing something with taxpayer money for once, I never thought that they would enforce anything anymore.

they make money off the violations

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevieandrew

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.