2013 GMC Sierra POV

tcfd823

May 21, 2010
CENARK
Just a simple install, but I feel like it may be missing some things. I'm open to suggestions.

Current Equipment:

SnM E66 dual color (r/a)

Dual viper S2 (red)

1 Red/ 1 Clear T6

Unitrol TouchMaster Delta

Soon to be added:

pair of red/clear cannons

par of red/ clear t6's

Jotto console

second siren speaker

20140324_173706.jpg

20140324_173725.jpg

20140324_173736.jpg

20140324_173823.jpg

20140324_173859.jpg

20140324_173905.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
Pics?

A good set of grille lights Whelen M4s, M6s, or M7s are some of the best. If you can have them in your state a headlight flasher and a siren.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Not bad, but I'd have a few suggestions;

A) add another RR dual viper on the other side of the RVM

B) use 2 larger, solid red grill lights (ie red M6s). If not, then I would mount the T6 higher up in the grill (and both in solid red)

C) add a HLF

D) red intersectors (or at least something in the rear side windows)

E) skip the red/clear cannons (I'm guessing u were going to replace the reverse lamps) & put a pair of solid red cannons in the rear tail signals...having the full 12 LEDs flash will be better than having 6, & I personally don't think having LED reverse lamps is that important

PS I have a clearance sale on New FedSig Dual S2 Vipers. PM me if interested.

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
Flip that phone the other way when filming!

back to the install,

I think it's just maybe my OCD but the single white grille light looks out of place IMO. I'd rather have two red grille lights and the dash light in red/white instead. Just my personal preference on that.

Funds allowing, look iinto upgrading to a larger set of grille lights. Try whelen m4s. You have a big truck, use big grille lights instead. Also, any intersection warning?

Otherwise the truck looks good.

tcfd823

May 21, 2010
CENARK
proudfirefighter said:
Flip that phone the other way when filming!

Funny you should mention the phone needing to be flipped. The phone was being held the "proper" way when filming, it's just something in the settings that is screwy. I've put other videos on youtube that were full screen, (but the phone was held the same way, so i dont really know what to tell you)

tcfd823

May 21, 2010
CENARK
pdk9 said:
Not bad, but I'd have a few suggestions;
A) add another RR dual viper on the other side of the RVM

B) use 2 larger, solid red grill lights (ie red M6s). If not, then I would mount the T6 higher up in the grill (and both in solid red)

C) add a HLF

D) red intersectors (or at least something in the rear side windows)

E) skip the red/clear cannons (I'm guessing u were going to replace the reverse lamps) & put a pair of solid red cannons in the rear tail signals...having the full 12 LEDs flash will be better than having 6, & I personally don't think having LED reverse lamps is that important

PS I have a clearance sale on New FedSig Dual S2 Vipers. PM me if interested.

I've had interior lightbars, as well as a pair of Dual Vipers in my Charger. I didn't really care for having anything in my direct line of sight. The cannons, I already have; I just have to send one back to have some warranty work done, and those will be installed after. I do agree on needing something for the side windows and a HLF, but i'm limited on budget with this being a new purchase. Basically, everything that is on the truck now (save for a pair of red and clear T6's), was on my Charger.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Nice clean set up. Very minimal and low profile. Dig the grille lights and the rear window stick...crazy bright. Heres my 2 pennys...

1. Add some side warning somewhere near the bed/cab area. Maybe some T6's on the rear door window sills.

2. If you are putting white cannons in the front I suggest all red T6's, or do r/w cannons and r/w T6's. +1 to those that suggested Whelen M4's or 400 series heads for the grille. They have a bigger footprint though.

3. You might consider moving rear stick to the headliner in case you get a tool box (most common added acces.) or if you are hauling something that is higher than bed rails.

4. Move the windshield light down to the dash area. It will blast almost any car/suv in front of you right in their rear view mirror.

Again just my 2 cents...looks good though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.