2013 interceptor sedan law placement in headlights

wvsp

May 26, 2010
West Virginia
I just did a 2013 Ford Expedition and I second the fact that you CAN NOT get all of the white dust and shavings out of the headlight. I may in fact also stop installing HAW's in the headlights of new vehicles.

May 21, 2010
California
Welcome to a voided warranty on the headlight assembly..

Our job as installers and manufacturers is to properly educate our customer base.. period.. no matter how much they think they know what is going on for the most part they do not have the time and do not want to spend said time learning all the new aspects of the new vehicles.

It now lands on us to convey this information... in a world of people that are used to saying YES - we need to start saying NO!

And then giving options..

:bonk:

FatherOfFour

Nov 4, 2012
Indiana
C2Installs said:
I want to add this...

I blame console and partition makers for over-engineering a metal box or panel so that it is super heavy, bulky, and intrusive on the human occupants.

9. I need rid of consoles...too bulky/heavy/not crash friendly.

Got something in the works for this. I'm tired of huge console systems that cost an arm and a leg. Been working with a couple engineers and machine shops, should have a product ready to go sometime this summer :)

Alboy29

Aug 8, 2011
United STates, New York
wvsp said:
I just did a 2013 Ford Expedition and I second the fact that you CAN NOT get all of the white dust and shavings out of the headlight. I may in fact also stop installing HAW's in the headlights of new vehicles.

Just did a '13 Fusion, Headlight HAW's that fine powder was a bitch....

I read on hear somewhere, someone used a Swifter Duster, the handheld one that is flexible, try next time running tha through the hole, and hitting the lens. All the powder should cling right to that, after of course using the Vac for the big stuff

I also did the new fusion awhile back. I am getting quite good at doing these type of light housings. I set it up and don't move it, just drill upward and go slow. If you don't move it around and just tap it the powder will fall out. When you mess with it the powder just goes up and onto the lens. Swiffer doesn't work, I used them and they just dont hold the powder and then everything gets static cling and the powder goes everywhere. I have used a flexible aquarium tube to suck it out but its hard and again causes static issues. Just work upside down and slow, then tap the housing and allow the dust to fall out before it gets static cling.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I have not seen it mentioned on here in a few years, but I do recall a member on here talking about using a 1" PVC T with a shop vac connected to the side of the T and drilling through the straight part of the T. He said it worked very well. I will have to test this soon. Its been maybe 4 or 5 years ago that I saw this method mentioned on here.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
wvsp said:
I may in fact also stop installing HAW's in the headlights of new vehicles.

That's been my shop policy for the last 2 years...especially the headlights that I KNOW make powder instead of slivers...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.