2013 Police Interceptor CIS

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
Flash patterns are shit! Should have went with a simple half amber,half green lightbar with a back and forth flash pattern. Also why [removed] does CIS need giant semi-trucks like that?

Last edited by a moderator:

vc859

Oct 31, 2010
USA/ New York
An armed security company that does "weed and seed" type work in projects and seciton 8 housing; as well as some critical infrastructure (mainly powerplants) security

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
So they are security guards? In Florida? CIS stands for Civilian, Imposter, Security?

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
FireEMSPolice said:
Woah..wait a minute here...I thought the Interceptors were not available to anyone but a government agency..lol

Pssssh, they are already available on Ebay. So is the Caprice.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I'm sure if they want to spend top dollar and cash for the interceptors I don't think they would have a problem getting them from a dealer. Of course a security company needs what looks like a huge mobile command center, you know for all those MCIs, hostage rescues, disasters, etc etc.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
unityrv26 said:
Pssssh, they are already available on Ebay. So is the Caprice.

I was being facetious because there are folks on here who think they can not be had by a private party. I can order one if I wanted to.

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
CIS? Commonwealth of Independent States?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
strobecrazy said:
Also why in fuck does CIS need giant semi-trucks like that?

Same reason why a security company "needs" pursuit-rated police vehicles lol

(it's probably just something that they can say they have in their arsenal when making a pitch to potential clients, who don't realize that any large incident requiring a mobile command post would not be run by some rent-a-cops in a security trailer)

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
Interesting. I noticed they also do executive protection and 'Anti-terrorism'.

ATO = Anti Terrorism Officer. To qualify, you must be a veteran of the military with an honorable service record.

From website:

CIS ATOs are provided with the necessary equipment to perform their mission with maximum effectiveness. Some of the personal field equipment issued to CIS ATOs include:

Special weapons, such as AR15 rifles, tactical shotguns, and 9mm handguns (with appropriate state licensing waivers)

Tactical weapon enhancements, such as infrared illumination devices, laser sights, EOTech holographic weapon sights, etc.

Night vision optics

Infrared spotlights

Binoculars

Long range and close range digital cameras for documenting suspicious vehicles and individuals

Field medical kits

Radios and secure digital communications systems

Laptop computers with SATAS access

Personal load bearing gear

NBC mask and protective clothing

ATO_TECO.jpg

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
the ATOs look legit. So do their cars. Lights are green and amber, so i have no problem with them. (although they should prob use colored lenses)

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
pdk9 said:
(it's probably just something that they can say they have in their arsenal when making a pitch to potential clients, who don't realize that any large incident requiring a mobile command post would not be run by some rent-a-cops in a security trailer)

Oh stop. Your anti-security bias is showing. Nobody is saying they will run anything, but they have a job to do.

Its actually good they have that so the security officers can have somewhere on site of a large scale operation (sporting event for example) to work out of. There, they can have their radio operations, supervisors can plan and deploy officers accordingly, hydrate, etc.

Regarding the vehicles, most security companies are not interested in the "pursuit" end of it. They are more interested in the heavy duty parts, they are built to tough standards, easy to maintain. Of course, most also prefer a police-looking vehicle as a deterrent, and its been proven to work. Like in any job, stuff gets abused and leaves a black eye and thats unfortunate.

I often get tired of the attitude that "oh police and fire can have this, but security cant." Who cares about the lowly security officer right? We all need to work together, and thats a fact! Where I used to work, the PD and FD couldn't do much without security on the property. PD couldnt solve crimes without CCTV footage or apprehensions, and the FD wouldnt know the quickest way to access areas. Both wouldnt know what is where on most properties.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
FireEMSPolice;

respect2.jpg

But I wont!

crazynova

Mar 25, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
pdk9 said:

Wackenhut has a division in Nevada that has up-armored HMMWVs with .50 cal guns on top. Their "guards" wear fatigues and carry full auto M4s with M203s attached. Some security companies do really high speed things.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
crazynova said:
Wackenhut has a division in Nevada that has up-armored HMMWVs with .50 cal guns on top. Their "guards" wear fatigues and carry full auto M4s with M203s attached. Some security companies do really high speed things.

It's Nuclear Powerplant Security Detail run by Securitas. There are special provisions to allow them to use such equipments.

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
TheGatekeeper said:
It's Nuclear Powerplant Security Detail run by Securitas. There are special provisions to allow them to use such equipments.

And this company has state waivers regarding weapons..... same thing.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
That's correct.

They are not bad actually. They drill all day long, and won worldwide SWAT competitions ahead of guys like GIGN or GSG9.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
crazynova said:

Security out at Area 51 in Nevada is a private company.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.