2013 Police Interceptor Slicktop- National Park Service

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
No split flash fail here. I'll forgive the lack of synch. That is a well lit slick top.

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
LRGJr72 said:
And since when did the US Park Service start going all-blue (almost... I think there was one red in the back)?

Someone in another thread not to long ago said that they try to match the colors of what the state laws are. Im guessing this ranger is stationed somewhere in a state that police uses all blue.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Because National Parks need a slicktop... :rolleyes:

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
LRGJr72 said:
And since when did the US Park Service start going all-blue (almost... I think there was one red in the back)?

Chono is right. We follow the State's guidelines/regulations before defaulting to the std red/blue combination. We have about 40 vehicles in Massachusetts and they're all solid blue (maybe only 10 vehicles have a red and amber to the rear).

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
killCARB027 said:
...but nothing screams Pull Over and STOP NOW better than one or two forward facing flashing or Steady Burning Red lights. Having one or two forward facing Red lights in an All Blue lightbar gives the police vehicle a much more official and authoritative look because Blue lights = Police (or Emergency Vehicle), Red lights = Danger, Stop NOW, Get the Hell Out of My Way.

I understand the concept, but I think a vehicle covered in blinky lights "screams" pull over more. A steady red light to me just means it is stuck on! :haha:

I have never been in a situation to see it in person, and I am sure there is logic behind it with studies etc.... but I never bought into the whole "steady red light" thing. Just me personally, which really doesn't mean a whole lot! :coffee:

killCARB027

Jan 26, 2011
USA
TheGatekeeper said:
You got my vote !!

How do you do the colors in your text ?

When you type a reply there's a box with capitol A in bold, click the arrow next to the A and there's a bunch of color choices, just hilite the word and pick a color.

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
I'm confused by the syncing; what needs syncing?

The M7s have the sync wire connected but the current flash pattern isn't compatible

The 4 SoundOff Ghosts (front and rear) are all sync'd

The MirrorBeams are sync'd with rear quarter window Ions

The M2 on side PushBars are sync'd with SideKicks

The 2 dual Vipers are Sync'd

The 2 LINZ6 on license plate are sync'd

The 2 LINZ6 in PushBars are sync'd and are the 'wig-wag alternative'

And the front/rear ILS's just do their own thing

I'm not a fan of all lighting flashing the same pattern

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Beautiful in their natural habitat ... :)

Cool job, cool cars... A great gig you got there... Congrats !! ;)

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
I love the new fad of putting two while LED's on the front, like they are going to compensate for the lack of wig-wags....FAIL. Wig-wags weren't necessarily thought up because they were white, but because they were an extremely effective signal and already on the vehicle. They were more effective than having grill or bumper lights flashing with the vehicle's headlights on as well. When you turn on the headlights, the white LED's will pretty much disappear. Two points for the salesman that sells it to the customer though. :hopeless:

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
badge22 said:
I love the new fad of putting two while LED's on the front, like they are going to compensate for the lack of wig-wags....FAIL. Wig-wags weren't necessarily thought up because they were white, but because they were an extremely effective signal and already on the vehicle. They were more effective than having grill or bumper lights flashing with the vehicle's headlights on as well. When you turn on the headlights, the white LED's will pretty much disappear. Two points for the salesman that sells it to the customer though. :hopeless:

Agreed. A $40 set of Slimlighters from KC would be more effective. Plus you get the benefit of the additional driving lamp when wired to your high beams.

ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee266_zgxtreme_photos_th_B4606E52ee198a7b5acb443e31859b5a17217f32.jpg

(Hope this streams/buffers more smoothly for those not on a cellular connection...)

Last edited by a moderator:

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
badge22 said:

They also set go to steadyburn when the takedowns are switched on. They're actually effective.

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
Looks sick. I think it's well lit in every area. Not overdone and I don't mind the non sync!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.