2013 Tahoe Fire Chief's Ride

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Well I'm just wrapping this rig up on a Sunday afternoon...and thought I'd post it before I head home. Equipment choices were mutual between myself and the department. I posted a video of this one since everyone is begging for it...please don't make me regret it! :nono: .....Enjoy!

EQUIPMENT

2- Fedsig AS124 Speakers / 2- Fedsig ES-100 Speakers / Rumbler Speakers

Whelen IONs -grill / Whelen PAR36 / Able2 HAW LEDs in DRL spots

Whelen IONs -mirrors / Fedsig ILS Interior bar

Whelen IONs - Running Boards / Fedsig ViperS2 Duals, rear side glass

First Responders Stinger Tahoe Rear Wing Light Bar

Whelen Ions - Hatch, Hatch Gap, Tow Hitch Spot

Whelen Vertex Upper Tails

Unitrol Omega 8001 w/ Dual Omega 90 amps

Fedsig Rumbler

Troy Console

Kussmaul AutoCharge w/Auto Eject - Charge Status Display in Rear Side Glass

Whelen Perimeter LED light inside rear hatch on mercury switch with manual bypass

Unity Par46 LED Replacement Spotlight

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

BFD Front Merged 2.jpg

BFD FrontSide Merged.jpg

BFD Rear Merged.jpg

BFD SideRear Merged.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I know I'm not the only one who's not a fan of slicktop lighting on a marked vehicle. But that's the customer's choice, and it's excellently done. :thumbsup: I'd like to see more amber in back, but I love the little shot of blue.

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
Heres what I have to say bad about this ride: Absolutely nothing!!! Another amazing install by cajun!!! I hope they pay you well for the work you do because it is spectacular!

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
firefighter31 said:
heres what i have to say bad about this ride: Absolutely nothing!!! Another amazing install by cajun!!! I hope they pay you well for the work you do because it is spectacular!

like like like like like like!!!!!!

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Spectacular Indeed..!.!.!.! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Awesome install. Great light head placement and sync as well as no split fail. A+ in my opinion.

The only thing I could even think of changing is adding another Ion to the sides of the front bumper for intersection warning.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
love it ALL. Especially the rear blues. i personally wouldve rather seen an outterEdge....but thats just me.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Is that something you made for the auto charge indicator? I wish I had the capability to make those custom covers and other goodies you make. Oh, rumbler and dual omega 90s? I hope the full sweep is set for those beauties. Nice work

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Storm4200 said:
love it ALL. Especially the rear blues. i personally wouldve rather seen an outterEdge....but thats just me.

Aw, I know you're having a love affair with the Outer Edge, ;) and of course I like it too, but I developed the Stinger for customers that have complained about how the Outer Edge is too bulky and looks like a pair of Andy Rooney eyebrows on the back of the truck....

The Stinger has become the talk of my area and everybody is clamoring to get one....especially since it costs them less than the Outer Edge, is lower profile ( like Katy Perry eyebrows), and performs as well as the OE and also offers more function.

I take nothing away from the Outer Edge, but there are 31 Flavors at Baskin Robbins for a reason:p

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
This is, by any means, any slam against you, but I think the back is a bit of overkill, between the TLF, hide-a-ways and lights by the trailer hitch (never been a fan of that - seems to me it's too low). But you do what the customer wants (and you do it exceptionally well)!

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
The only thing I would change is the pattern on the LAWs. They are just twinkling instead of flashing with a purpose.

Awesome install. Good idea on the Kussmaul display. Autoeject?

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
What are the rear cupholders venting? The charger?

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
This is an awesome install all around. I admit I'm not a fan of slick top fire vehicles, but to each his own. Looks like its perfectly set up to be visible all around (minus intersection) and not blind someone. Also love the graphics. Only thing I would change is removing the lights by the trailer hitch, as Doug said just seem to low really to be visible; do love the touch of blue in there, but maybe a little amber whether by the tailgate or even in the Stinger up top. Other then that, great work.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
GTRider245 said:
The only thing I would change is the pattern on the LAWs. They are just twinkling instead of flashing with a purpose.

Awesome install. Good idea on the Kussmaul display. Autoeject?

Yep...white cover left rear quarter panel bumper fascia.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Kevin K. said:
Awesome, awesome install!

Will the Stinger be available in a self-contained housing? I'd love to have this mounted in the cap of my Sierra.

No, the Stinger is vehicle specific only. We are working on one for the new Ford NGPI Utility at this time, and then maybe the Durango if we see it become popular as a PPV. I thought about designing the Stinger as a self contained light stick, but it would be just a little too large.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
cajunblitz said:
No, the Stinger is vehicle specific only. We are working on one for the new Ford NGPI Utility at this time, and then maybe the Durango if we see it become popular as a PPV. I thought about designing the Stinger as a self contained light stick, but it would be just a little too large.

Understood.

Perhaps some thought can be given to offering the Stinger as a dual-head unit? I actually like the larger footprint of this unit, and using this with a slow flash pattern would be perfect for rear visibility applications. A dual-head unit would not be as "huge" as a lightstick, but would be more than adequate for this purpose. Also, not being vehicle-specific opens up the market significently for sales.

Food for thought.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
theroofable said:
Is that something you made for the auto charge indicator? I wish I had the capability to make those custom covers and other goodies you make. Oh, rumbler and dual omega 90s? I hope the full sweep is set for those beauties. Nice work

I wish that I could take credit for that housing, but it's available from Kussmaul. I did modify it to fit the contour of the panel though. Oh yeah, the Rumbler is blasting Sweep Mode! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
smso966 said:
Hey Cajun, Do y'all have those AS124 brackets for sale?

We sure do. They are $49.95 for the pair, and I'll ship them to you UPS at no additional charge. PayPal me if you want a set.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Black Hoe said:
Excellent Install! I especially love the Unitrol siren set-up with the Rumbler. My only complaint is that it needs more blue in the rear.

Fire departments here were just approved not too long ago to run blue on apparatus, but there are limitations. Blue here is normally for law enforcement only.

I'm not sure if they're even supposed to have blue on non-apparatus, but they're putting it on anyway, but not too heavy so they don't buck the system too much.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Kevin K. said:
Understood.

Perhaps some thought can be given to offering the Stinger as a dual-head unit? I actually like the larger footprint of this unit, and using this with a slow flash pattern would be perfect for rear visibility applications. A dual-head unit would not be as "huge" as a lightstick, but would be more than adequate for this purpose. Also, not being vehicle-specific opens up the market significently for sales.

Food for thought.

Weirdly enough I got a phone call today from my partner in design about doing a stick version of the Stinger, and we are tossing around the idea of doing it. Stay tuned, you just might see it come to life.

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
Cajun, I know that you prefer the ILS as far as "brightness", so I have a question for you. I already have a Tahoe specific Pinnacle. Would it be worth the money to sell it and get an ILS instead? I am having trouble deciding because I like my Pinnacle but I have always wanted and ILS. Just wondering if it would be worth the extra money and hassle to trade them out. You have seen them both in working situations so I figure you could better answer my question.

smso966

May 26, 2011
Atchafalaya Basin Swamp
cajunblitz said:
We sure do. They are $49.95 for the pair, and I'll ship them to you UPS at no additional charge. PayPal me if you want a set.

It's Chase.

I'll be going pass by the shop this week. Any ETA on my Mini controller you ordered?

Last edited by a moderator:

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
cajunblitz said:
Aw, I know you're having a love affair with the Outer Edge, ;) and of course I like it too, but I developed the Stinger for customers that have complained about how the Outer Edge is too bulky and looks like a pair of Andy Rooney eyebrows on the back of the truck....

The Stinger has become the talk of my area and everybody is clamoring to get one....especially since it costs them less than the Outer Edge, is lower profile ( like Katy Perry eyebrows), and performs as well as the OE and also offers more function.

I take nothing away from the Outer Edge, but there are 31 Flavors at Baskin Robbins for a reason:p

Pattern and color options for that bar?

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
cajunblitz said:
Weirdly enough I got a phone call today from my partner in design about doing a stick version of the Stinger, and we are tossing around the idea of doing it. Stay tuned, you just might see it come to life.

That's terrific news! I really do think you'd do well in sales with this version of the Stinger. There'll be a much broader application for the stick version, and obsolecence won't be an issue as vehicles go through its model cycles. The business case for this product seems sound.

Please keep us posted. I'd be happy to buy the first unit!

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Kevin K. said:
That's terrific news! I really do think you'd do well in sales with this version of the Stinger. There'll be a much broader application for the stick version, and obsolecence won't be an issue as vehicles go through its model cycles. The business case for this product seems sound.

Please keep us posted. I'd be happy to buy the first unit!

And, if you are still using the same lightheads... you can port the guts from shell to shell as needed!

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
hitman38367 said:
Cajun, I know that you prefer the ILS as far as "brightness", so I have a question for you. I already have a Tahoe specific Pinnacle. Would it be worth the money to sell it and get an ILS instead? I am having trouble deciding because I like my Pinnacle but I have always wanted and ILS. Just wondering if it would be worth the extra money and hassle to trade them out. You have seen them both in working situations so I figure you could better answer my question.

Still very partial to the ILS in terms of fit, finish and brightness. If I have one gripe it's the connector design from board to board that piss me off sometimes because they go bad and then you have a whole section out. I like the Pinnacle, and we do sell quite a few, but the ILS is my personal favorite. That being said, Whelen is introducing all new Inner Edges, complete with all new light heads AND metal housings, so they'll be as low profile as the aforementioned....I'm giddy waiting to see how they look and perform....because if they are anything like that new Legacy bar, the ILS better hold on to its hat!

I would say if you would spend no more than $200.00 to upgrade, then do it. Anything more IMHO, isn't worth it.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
11b101abn said:
Pattern and color options for that bar?

Right now, the Stinger is available with 6 Full Size High Output Modules (6 diodes per), or 6 Full Size Economy Modules (3 diodes per). Colors can be any combination of 6 RED, BLUE, AMBER, or WHITE and you can even order with colored lenses if you choose(not stocked, factory ordered).

We will be offering a configurable option to install up to 12 Half Size Modules and/or a combination of Full Size and Half Size Modules in the near future.

Flash Patterns, Warning Modes

1) OFF

2) COMBINATION ** DEFAULT SCROLL FLASH

3) INBOARD OUTBOARD

4) LEFT RIGHT

5) ALTERNATE

6) RANDOM

7) SINGLE OUTBOARD

8) DOUBLE OUTBOARD

9) SINGLE INBOARD

10) DOUBLE INBOARD

11) (not available on 6 lamp versions)

12) SWEEP

Flash Rates (All Versions):

1) SINGLE FLASH

2) DOUBLE FLASH

3) NEOBE FLASH

4) SCROLL FLASH WARNING PATTERNS

Flash Patterns, Traffic Direction Modes:

1) 6 LED TRAIL ARROW *** DEFAULT SINGLE FLASH

2) 6 LED FILL ARROW

There are 4 purchasing options for the Stinger in any 6 Full Size module color combo mentioned above.

OPTION 1: Aluminum powder coated housing, high output (6 diode led modules) $699.95

OPTION 2: Steel powder coated housing, (a little heavier ) high output

$599.95

OPTION 3: Aluminum powder coated housing, Economy output (3 diode led modules)

$549.95

OPTION 4: Steel powder coated housing, Economy output

$499.95

All units are shipped UPS, FREE

I'm working on the installation instructions right now and hope to have them done very soon.

PM me for purchases if you choose.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.