2013 Tahoe Fire Chief's Ride

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
cajunblitz said:
Batman just had to have one of those new Stinger Tahoe Light Bars......so.....

I am getting a crazy number of compliments on mine!

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
cajunblitz said:
Still very partial to the ILS in terms of fit, finish and brightness. If I have one gripe it's the connector design from board to board that piss me off sometimes because they go bad and then you have a whole section out. I like the Pinnacle, and we do sell quite a few, but the ILS is my personal favorite. That being said, Whelen is introducing all new Inner Edges, complete with all new light heads AND metal housings, so they'll be as low profile as the aforementioned....I'm giddy waiting to see how they look and perform....because if they are anything like that new Legacy bar, the ILS better hold on to its hat!

I would say if you would spend no more than $200.00 to upgrade, then do it. Anything more IMHO, isn't worth it.
Well, I have $575 invested in my Pinnacle right now due to buying a new housing and such and I found a place where I can get an ILS for $699.99 so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch if I could sell the Pinnacle for what I have in it. I will just wait and see what else comes to market before I get ready to sell or buy I guess.

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
That is one awesome setup and install on that Tahoe.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
ryanm said:
I am getting a crazy number of compliments on mine!

For every one you sell off of yours for my company, I'll give you $20.00 in store credit towards equipment. They MUST say you referred them. Howzat sound?

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
Looks excellent! I really hate the idea the idea of slicktop fire vehicles, but the install is nice.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
cajunblitz said:
For every one you sell off of yours for my company, I'll give you $20.00 in store credit towards equipment. They MUST say you referred them. Howzat sound?

I'll work on that. The sad part is the lack of Tahoes around here. I know of 5. Maybe more agencies will turn up with them.

2 have a lightbar. That's it. I got them to add a pair of lights on the rear hatch.

The other 2 have a Lightbar and a pair of Ghosts in the rear.

The 5th is mine. It can be seen from space when I need it to.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
hitman38367 said:
Well, I have $575 invested in my Pinnacle right now due to buying a new housing and such and I found a place where I can get an ILS for $699.99 so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch if I could sell the Pinnacle for what I have in it. I will just wait and see what else comes to market before I get ready to sell or buy I guess.

Check out Jon's post in the visual warning forum. It features the new Spectralux ILS multi color....

it's sick cool! You may change your mind about waiting!

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
cajunblitz said:
Check out Jon's post in the visual warning forum. It features the new Spectralux ILS multi color....
it's sick cool! You may change your mind about waiting!
I saw that! I am digging the whole full takedown option...even though I wouldn't need it for fire calls. Can't run blue for fire here in TN either...But it looks badass anyway. lol!!

jhydell

Nov 4, 2012
Gretna, Louisiana
cajunblitz said:
Fire departments here were just approved not too long ago to run blue on apparatus, but there are limitations. Blue here is normally for law enforcement only.
I'm not sure if they're even supposed to have blue on non-apparatus, but they're putting it on anyway, but not too heavy so they don't buck the system too much.

To be honest, you are allowed to have blue lights on any apparatus in the rear if it has a public plate on it. I can also be up to half of the lighting in the rear if im not mistaken. Great install on all your vehicles. I need to post a vid of my 2002 tahoe.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Why the AS124's and ES100's? A matter of clearance?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i LOVE this install. Not sure why some FD chiefs want slicktop, but this is beautiful and the graphics are awesome too. i think you don't have enough speakers tho...maybe add 1-2 more pairs of AS124's?

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
Very nice, I can understand why a chief would run slicktop, and this thing has enough front and rear warning that lack of lightbar isn't an issue, as an aside the moment the liftgate goes up the lightbar isn't worth a damm anyway.

The only things I would have done differently would be use SOS intersectors under the mirrors, and the surfacemount intersectors on the corners of the front bumper, and probably not bother with the PAR36 heads, just not convinced they work that well. The lights in the towhitch area are a good idea, with liftgate open they provide extra coverage without blinding anyone.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.