2013 Tahoe Lafayette Marshal's Office

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Markymark5411 said:
I do enjoy seeing your installs, especially the Tahoes! Always a great looking install. I do have two questions. #1 what brand and model are the red/white interior compartment lights you have mounted in the rear roof area of the lift gate? #2 when you install the lights down on the running boards, where do you run the wiring? Do you drill into the rocker panel area near each light for the wiring or do you run the wiring all to one point to enter the cab? I have always wondered how installers do this and I am looking at putting in some running board lights on our supervisor Tahoe at work. Thanks!

Mark,

The lights I used inside are these, and they're awesome: http://www.whelen.com/pb/Automotive/ProductSheets/Lightheads/3inch_Round_Super-LED_Lighthead.pdf

On the running board lights, it depends on the vehicle. In Tahoes, we run the leads up the inner fender wells and into the engine compartment to meet at one common point, but on Expeditions, we go into the floorboard area through factory grommets.

firemedic105

Jun 2, 2010
East Coast of Canada
*sighs*

Another beauty of a job from the MASTER. :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
firemedic105 said:
*sighs*

Another beauty of a job from the MASTER. :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

A vid would really validate it. We all know u have a YouTube channel. Just shoot the vid and post. We all promise not to comment on the flash patterns.

gallagher073

Jan 21, 2011
Western Connecticut
VolEms said:
A vid would really validate it. We all know u have a YouTube channel. Just shoot the vid and post. We all promise not to comment on the flash patterns.

:crackup: :crackup: you are NEVER going to see any videos from cajun.

:beat_deadhorse: :beat_deadhorse:

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
I have always loved your installs, cajun. You're not married to one brand and always (more often than not, at least) use a few different manufactures on each project and it ALWAYS comes out fantastic. It's the kind of professional upfitting that a lot of us in the industry aspire to.

Love the Tomar applications. Expensive products, yes, but like with anything in life you get what you pay for. I don't even represent them any longer and I still prefer manu of their products over any other.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
dcarrfire45 said:
im a ford guy but i would take that as my daily driver lol. who makes those arm rests? look like they would be comfortable for in my truck.

Those armrests go with the console, which comes from Troy Products. I've sold and installed almost every brand of console there is, and Troy are one of my favorites. We use their vehicle specific consoles in just about everything if they make one for it but...

Since Gamber has gotten into the vehicle specific game with their consoles, they are my second personal favorite and we've been installing a few of those lately.

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
i already have a havis in my expedition but the armrests are kinda hard. which since its my personal vehicle i would prefer the comfort. keeps the wife happy. lol

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
dcarrfire45 said:
i already have a havis in my expedition but the armrests are kinda hard. which since its my personal vehicle i would prefer the comfort. keeps the wife happy. lol

You could easily mount the Troy armrests to your Havis...they're pre-drilled at several levels for height choice. They aren't too cheap though....PM me if interested and I'll shoot you an e-lightbars only price.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
charliefox said:
The interior is awesome, the lighting...TOO MUCH! Without seeing a video I can't comment on the flash patterns and rates, but too many lights confuse and disorient - not what you want when coming up behind a driver, or having one approach you when your stopped. Also, I don't know the law, but some amber to the rear might be a good idea to break up all the blue.

There is an unofficial rule here dude...no criticism for Cajun installs; I don't think anyone here can say they've seen a poor install posted by him (that's like saying FDNY Rescue 1 or LAPD SWAT don't know what they're doing)

A) it is a solid install without many lights in unnecessary locations, canceling out the effectiveness of each other

B) I don't think Cajun would sign off on an install that would disorient/confuse drivers, or he probably wouldn't do it. All areas are covered with good footprints at multiple tiers/levels, and, as much as I like amber to the rear, I have hardly seen it used on a regular basis on LE vehicle upfits in his neck of the woods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Troop

Nov 14, 2013
East Coast
Very nice looking truck and install, cajun.

I disagree with one of the above posts about this truck having too many lights. While I do think there is such a thing, this truck doesn't fall into that category by any means.

Again, nice job and thanks for sharing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.