2013 Utility- O.W.L. Fire Dept

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
I really love the color! The light heads are solid and synced...added amber to the rear with slow patterns...very nice!! The duo lightbar with green incident command is a nice touch...I really like the new oem option for front "wig wag" effect in the headlights...they are amber turn signals when not in warning mode...$860 option to include side white laws...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW3FZ8KN-7w

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
nice. the color makes it look like it should say "Baywatch VFD" on the doors lol.

I didn't know the Libby could be duo with green, and I think it looks great for the command purpose; the only thing I would change is to only have the green corners flashing for the command function (no amber or anything else to take away from the solid green footprint)

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Definitely a very nice set up. All the patterns work and aren't blinding, I don't see a problem with the light bar personally, I think it's attention getting. The green on the bar is definitely a great feature, but playing devils advocate a little bit what if the command post isn't actually at the truck? I like the amber in the back by the license plate, breaks up the red. Biggest question I have, do Pamela Anderson and David Hasselhoff like it?

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
efdny2003 said:
The green on the bar is definitely a great feature, but playing devils advocate a little bit what if the command post isn't actually at the truck?

Then, I suspect, the green isn't activated. That's one reason I really dislike having vehicles labeled "INCIDENT COMMAND" or anything like that - it removes any flexibility of having a command post located elsewhere.

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
I really like this install, the yellow looks great and the green corners are a nice touch assuming they get used.

The light controller seems to be set up for a TA but I didnt see one. Am I missing something or is it just TA capable without the TA?

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Is that a lifeguard chief?? But seriously, why yellow? Install looks good though.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I give it a B. It could be synchronized better, but at least there isn't any split fail. Good job with amber in back too, not a lot of vehicles in Virginia do.

I definitely like the green lights and the white flood light. As far as I'm concerned, multicolor lightheads are the only reason to have clear lenses on anything. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.