2014 Charger Wiring

squeeeg

Jul 5, 2011
Michigan
I am fairly sure that I have seen this. I am looking for the factory wiring manual for a new Charger Police edition. I have the upfitters manual but it doesn't have what I am looking for. I am looking for the manual that shows where the power points, ground points and existing wires set up for the upfitter are. I know there are wires pre ran to the grill and I think a power post under the dash and in the trunk but I am not for sure.

Any help would be great

6 Stub wires under hood on the fender just behind the passengers side headlight (made easier to get to this year).

Two upfitter plugs in the center console area under the factory stuff

No need for a power point in the truck because there is a stud on the fuse box and the battery is there

squeeeg

Jul 5, 2011
Michigan
That was quick. While I have your attention here. Does it come with a pigtail for the plugs in the center console area or is that an extra part. Also where do the 6 wires start, dash?

If you can't guess from the questions, my PD would like me to upfit our new charger. Never done a pursuit package vehicle before

depwebb

Nov 15, 2013
Georgia
If you have the complete upfitters package, there are wires in the trunk with the fuse panel already installed on the passengers side, you will have wires ending in various places, starting from the front, the speaker is already installed and pre wired, you will have wire endings on both sides of the front at the end of each side of the bumper, you will have a bundle just under the front cover of the engine bay, you will have three points under the front of the visors the one in the middle is for the camera, you will have three in the b post area 1 on either side and the third is on the passenger side, you will have 3 in the c post area 1 on either side and one is for the traffic adviser its the one with six wires, you will have 2 in the trunk by each of the tail lights. Hope this helps if not I cave get you the # to crown who does the upfits for dodge.

squeeeg

Jul 5, 2011
Michigan
I am not sure which package my chief is ordering. I think it is going to be whatever this dealer has in stock.

Does the '14 still come with factory headlight and taillight flashers?

This is what I have so far can anybody see anything that I am missing

Setina Cage

Partition Mount gun rack

Jotto Desk plus computer mount

Feniex Pegasus front and rear bar

2 Feniex cobra front grill

Feniex cobra or Apollo one on each side of cage side warning

Soundoff Intersector light under mirrors

Code 3 Siren

Antennas for radio and repeater

ccsobaker

Jul 4, 2010
Central Arkansas
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but I am having a small issue with our new 2014 Charger. Using the 24 pin connector in the center console, which wires do I use to connect the headlight and tail light flasher?

On our 2013 it was pins 1 and 2 which were a brown/orange wire and a solid black wire but they are different colored wires on the 2014. I have been unable to find an upfitter guide for this year and so far the local dealership has been of no help.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but I am having a small issue with our new 2014 Charger. Using the 24 pin connector in the center console, which wires do I use to connect the headlight and tail light flasher?

On our 2013 it was pins 1 and 2 which were a brown/orange wire and a solid black wire but they are different colored wires on the 2014. I have been unable to find an upfitter guide for this year and so far the local dealership has been of no help.
In the 2 that I just outfitted, Pins 1 and 2 of the24-pin connector.

HLF #1, brn/orange

TLF #2, brn/violet

https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/FleetHome/IshowRoomVehicle%20Documents/Police_Maintenance_Overview_Book.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ClintonPSE

ccsobaker

Jul 4, 2010
Central Arkansas
Thanks ryanm, that was the issue that confused me. I guess it's still the same pins but they have changed the color of the wires, even in that pdf. you posted it says they are supposed to be a brn/orange wire and a black wire.

Spent an hour on the phone with Chrysler trying to get an answer, hate to put 12v to something that runs through the car's computer.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
I was annoyed at all the changes, too. Kinda like all the wires in the main power connector labeled 'ground' in the manual but now go to the grille/engine compartment instead.

The book is old.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.