2014 Chevy Suburban horn ring tie in Help

ALEX516

Oct 14, 2020
New York
Looking to find out where I could tie in a Federal Signal SS2000 for the horn ring for using air horn.

instructions basically state to locate the wire that connects the vehicle horn ring switch to the horn or horn relay and cut this wire and then splice the two respective wires from the controller into those two cut wires. (white & white/yellow)

Any assistance as to the ideal location to tie in is much appreciated.

2014 Chevorlet Suburban LT

Upon an exhausting google search, I have found references to the horn wire being a tan wire on the brown connector on the BCM under dash. Using a DMM I have confirmed there is no continuity to ground when horn is pressed on this tan wire.

Anyone with a factual wire color and location? I believe it should be a wire that goes to ground when horn ring is pressed.

I would very much prefer to tapping the circuit between the horn switch and the BCM, instead of between the BCM and relay.

Last edited:

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
If having trouble locating. I sometimes go right to the horn itself run my wires and relay right there

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.