2014 Chevy Tahoe Slick top

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Here is another install we completed is a 2014 Chevy Tahoe PPV, we also installed a touch screen radio with gps and back up camera that the customer brought us.

List of equipment,

Front

Whelen Par 36 Halogen grill lights

Feniex Cannon hideaways

Feniex Pegasus visor light

Sides

Sound Off Signal Intersectors

Knock off lights in side windows

Rear

Feniex Cobra 800

Feniex Cannon hideaways

Equipment

Whelen Epsilon siren

Whelen switch box

20140419_084158.jpg

20140419_084517.jpg

20140419_084528.jpg

20140419_084540.jpg

20140419_084600.jpg

20140419_084608.jpg

20140419_084614.jpg

20140419_084702.jpg

20140419_084714.jpg

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
those halogen PAR36 grill lights look terrible

otherwise, truck looks good.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i understand that its not your spec, but damn thats pretty cheap of the customer. I understand they "work". I have tons of crap that "works" laying around in my basement, that doesnt mean im putting any of it on my brand new tahoe.

id rather see a pair of LINZ6s for $100.

fordtruck661

Jul 31, 2011
CT
Storm4200 said:
i understand that its not your spec, but damn thats pretty cheap of the customer. I understand they "work". I have tons of crap that "works" laying around in my basement, that doesnt mean im putting any of it on my brand new tahoe.

I agree they spent the $$$ on all the other LED lights whats another $200. Having LED, Strobe and Halogen lights mixed together is the one thing I never liked Keep it all the same. :bonk: :duh:

YPD-ACU

Mar 11, 2013
Westchester County, NY
Seriously, Even some strobes wouldnt have been as bad. I almost want to donate some TIR3's to this guy to improve the appearance of the front end of that Tahoe. To each's own I suppose.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I will never get how people can drop money on a professional install, a bunch of name brand products, & extra goodies (touch screen radio in this case) only to cheap out & not drop an extra $200-300 towards better side & grill LEDs. Aside from the halogen grill lights & the POS KO lights, it looks good

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
txff914 said:
Im working with him on convincing him to change the side window lights first, also the screen is an el cheapo from china.

Put 4 T6's in the grill (left two vs right two)... OR some SOS lights and sync them to the intersectors...

Move the PAR's to the fog light area if they'll fit or ditch them altogether...

and put two T6's on a LP bracket to get something out from behind the tint...

and 4 more on the running boards...

And it'll be a decent setup...

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
minig0d said:
Put 4 T6's in the grill (left two vs right two)... OR some SOS lights and sync them to the intersectors...

Move the PAR's to the fog light area if they'll fit or ditch them altogether...

and put two T6's on a LP bracket to get something out from behind the tint...

and 4 more on the running boards...

And it'll be a decent setup...

The cobra is not behind the tint its cut out around it, i think im going to replace the side window lights with apollo modules at some point. The side is my main concern right now because its lacking im not to concerned about the grill right now.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
txff914 said:
The cobra is not behind the tint its cut out around it, i think im going to replace the side window lights with apollo modules at some point. The side is my main concern right now because its lacking im not to concerned about the grill right now.

I mean the factory tint... i have the identical vehicle also with a cobra 800... the factory tint is enough to do some damage on a cobra 800... you really need to get something brighter behind the glass and on the running boards because no matter how bright a light you stick in the hatch it will be killed by the factory tint...

I'd avoid the Apollo's on the side... you need a TIR style head to punch through that tint as much as possible...

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
To keep it simple, I'd go with (4) T6...2 in the grill & 1 in each side window (but this time mounted on the bottom of the window). A HLF would also be a big plus.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Customer should have skipped the Cannons and used the factory HLF/TLF and spent the money better elsewhere. You could very easily find four Whelen TIR6s in the classifieds for $200 and they would work great in the grill and side windows.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
tsquale said:
I also really like the halogen grill lights and the overall install. Nice job!

Ditto. Everyone complaining about 'keeping technology the same', but 'add a HLF'..... what do you think PAR36s are? :bonk:

To make them more effective, I'd slow the pattern down to allow the filament to fully light.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Storm4200 said:

Send him the money, and I bet he'll do it just for you.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
There is not a thing wrong with the halogen lights. I would have went with a slower wig wag pattern, but still looks good. LED is a decent technology, but lack the long distance punch of a slow steady halogen. Nice work.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
The halogen lights actualy look cool!! The money part with the touch screen and limited side warning/ko lights just eh why!!! But it's what the customer wants. Hlf with the grills would look sexy.

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
I'm diggin the halogens. Something about that slow on off flash just gets your attention. Other than the cheap side lights in the back, I see nothing wrong with this setup. Simple and effective. Great instal!

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
I like the halogens in the grill. Don't halogen's have a further light throw than a strobe or LED? Headlights are halogens and we all know how effective they are.

I'm guess this is a off-duty work vehicle for a LEO or unmarked for a agency?...hence the license plate.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
I too like the Halogens. They just need to be on a wig wag type flash pattern not some alternating pattern. As it is, that flash pattern that is on them right now is much too fast. just a steady left-right-left-right-left-right pattern would be PERFECT.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.